Home
NBA 2K12 News Post

Check out the new NBA 2K12 Developer Insight #11, featuring Audio Director, Joel Simmons, as he talks about the new audio additions to the game.

Game: NBA 2K12Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 102 - View All
NBA 2K12 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 Behindshadows @ 09/24/11 01:44 AM
I personally think 2k continues to do great work with presentation and commentary. At first I thought adding Kerr would be terrible considering his horrible job with NBA Live series..

But with the dialogue that 2k is providing with scripting, it sounds refreshing and it seems they are talking with one another about the action on court. He is definitely a welcome addition to the series with open arms.

Great job as usual, I agree with others about having commentary in association and in NBA Today with discussing games around the league. I hope we hear more instead of just scores on the screen. Take care guys and great job 2k crew.

# 122 ocat @ 09/24/11 02:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nccomicfan
Enjoyed this insight, really looking forward to the next insight regarding the feature we probably won't get to use this year
Don't forget NBA Today is also integrated into Association and My Player, as it was in 2k11

# 123 malky @ 09/24/11 03:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocat
Don't forget NBA Today is also integrated into Association and My Player, as it was in 2k11
not really--the EXPANDED HALFTIME SHOW WAS NOT apart of association, just in NBA TODAY mode 2.0, in association it was a very quick show with no scores from around the league--- hopefully they heard association players complaints and have implemented them into the franchise.

# 124 HEATBLUES357 @ 09/24/11 04:22 AM
2k by far has the best commentary out of all the sport games. It is so well crafted it's rediculous. I remember hearing that dynamic commentary in 2k10 for the first time telling you games to come was simply amazing and it really has only got better. The crowd is definantly something that I'm looking foward to hearing to see if it really has improved. Also, maybe the playoff and finals will have different levels of noise from the crowd which would just be icing on the cake in all honesty. It's funny because I got Madden last week and that commentary is just god awful it's even worse than MLB The Show. All in all, 2k will have awsome commentary as long as they don't say, " He's got get away from the cops speed!!"

# 125 Jakeness23 @ 09/24/11 09:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dukedude24
seriously....who cares....what a waste of insight, this is first insight that i didn't waste my time to read it all.

Steve Kerr is terrible, he has no knowledge to the game, makes me wanna puke listening to him.

I remember last season watching the Hawks play, Kerr said the Lakers really miss Josh Powell right now. i was laughing my butt off, Josh Powell was goddamn awful when he was the Lakers, could do absolutely nothing. lol
yeah, he only has 5 championship rings... he doesn't know a thing about basketball...

# 126 Jakeness23 @ 09/24/11 09:27 AM
BTW, I like Kevin Harlan, but I would so prefer Marv Albert and hearing the "YES!" after a nice jumper.

# 127 Bulls321974 @ 09/24/11 09:48 AM
This will definitely be the best NBA sim ever by 2K - by far! I have almost no doubt about that.

# 128 RapboY @ 09/24/11 11:55 AM
i wish they'd bring back the option to make names sound like what they have in their database.. it was in the older 2k's and i thought it was a great addition, i wonder why they took it out..

# 129 Mr 2k NJ @ 09/24/11 01:52 PM
Great news but where?????? Are the online legends??????? Come on at least do a Lobby for them.
I know a lot of gamers feel the same way. Thanks 2k

# 130 Paul Pierce_OS @ 09/24/11 11:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosque
If they don't have all 67 nicknames for Shaq I'm not buying the game.

# 131 Zone_Out @ 09/24/11 11:38 PM
Best audio in the business

# 132 JrueTheFuture @ 09/25/11 12:32 AM
I wonder if they added some of Kevin's signature phrases? It'd be pretty dope hearing any of these..

1. "RIGHT BETWEEN THE EYES"
2. "*Insert player name here* WITH NO REGARD FOR HUMAN LIFE*
3. During clutch moments "OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH"
4. "*Insert player name here* IS AN ASSASSIN"
5. "OHHHHH THE SLEDGEHAMMER!"
6. "BUCKLE UP FOR KOBE BRYANT"

# 133 SLD123 @ 09/25/11 12:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrestlinggod1
LooL..The look on his face is priceless!

# 134 JustSteve @ 09/25/11 01:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe24-
You know whats priceless? His hairline...
At least he doesn't hide it with his headband...

# 135 fatleg3 @ 09/25/11 01:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe24-
You know whats priceless? His hairline...
so is his ring

# 136 Dazraz @ 09/25/11 03:01 AM
Commentary in NBA 2K11 was some of the best ever in a video game. For 2K to have worked to improve it to such a degree is testament to their goal of creating the complete broadcast package within a game. Excellent stuff.

# 137 MessenjahMatt @ 09/25/11 04:06 AM
One of the little annoyances I have with the NBA 2K games is how much louder they are than standard levels. It's crazy. I keep my tv volume at around 20 for other games and shows, but have to drop it to like 4 when I play 2K.

I tried dropping all the levels equally in the 2K11 audio settings and that worked but resulted in harsh audio pops after baskets for some reason.

# 138 RivaGe @ 09/25/11 05:49 AM
I just hope that 70% of commentary phrases don't vanish when you're in your second/third/etc seasons in Association like before.

# 139 Goffs @ 09/25/11 07:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MessenjahMatt
One of the little annoyances I have with the NBA 2K games is how much louder they are than standard levels. It's crazy. I keep my tv volume at around 20 for other games and shows, but have to drop it to like 4 when I play 2K.

I tried dropping all the levels equally in the 2K11 audio settings and that worked but resulted in harsh audio pops after baskets for some reason.

aaauughh....i know what you mean! I have no idea on how to fix this and I have the same issue on the PC when watching youtube.

# 140 Mr Magoo @ 09/25/11 07:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
aaauughh....i know what you mean! I have no idea on how to fix this and I have the same issue on the PC when watching youtube.
Yehh it's crazy how much louder it is. I almost have to half whatever my volume is before I play 2k for it to be at a good level. I suppose I could just lower all the music/sound settings until it sounds right but have never been stuffed to do it. Just weird though how it has always been much louder than anything else

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.