Home
NBA 2K12 News Post

The NBA 2K12 demo hit earlier this week and while the demo seems to be quite stripped down, our staff writers still have some thoughts on the game this year. While you can't always trust a demo, we're going to try to be your shining light through the storm -- read our thoughts after the jump.

Read More - NBA 2K12 Demo Roundtable

Game: NBA 2K12Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 102 - View All
NBA 2K12 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 DurtySoufReppin @ 09/23/11 05:10 PM
Quote:
Caley Roark: I'm not a basketball expert, and didn't really give NBA 2K11 enough time last year to fully appreciate the improvements

lol........ Why is he giving a review?

# 2 Scruffychicken @ 09/23/11 05:11 PM
Great Discussion everyone. I'm loving this demo, even with some of the small faults like the jerkiness and FT glitch freeze. Definitely a more polished 2k11 in my opinion.
While I disagree about you guys saying the AI is stupid and the game is slow feeling, I love the feel of the controls and the AI seems better than ever. However, we'll see how it goes once we can call plays.

# 3 Knickerbocker @ 09/23/11 05:12 PM
While I didnt get my hands on the final build I disagree with all of them. The demo showcases a lot of improvements over 2k11: the shooting, the post game (which is fantastic in the demo already), more shooting fouls, new D system, offensive boards etc. etc.

# 4 SageInfinite @ 09/23/11 05:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2slik
Damn, JAYYY-SOONNN!!! took this demo apart. Yeesh.
He likes that arcade ball.

# 5 PVarck31 @ 09/23/11 05:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DurtySoufReppin
Its not a review. That will be coming after the retail version is released. These are just quick thoughts on the demo.

# 6 infam0us @ 09/23/11 05:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DurtySoufReppin
The same reason why Dustin gave his 2 cents on FIFA, game isn't his cup of tea but theres nothing wrong with getting an outsiders opinion.

# 7 Mr_Riddick @ 09/23/11 05:24 PM
^^*BINGO AMIGO*^^

# 8 CX1329 @ 09/23/11 05:25 PM
Jayson must not like 2K basketball very much. If he didn't like the demo, he must have hated 2K11.

# 9 LS33 @ 09/23/11 05:31 PM
1 unrealistic thing is sometimes i do the 1 leg fade with dirk it gets blocked

# 10 Gosens6 @ 09/23/11 05:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CX1329
Jayson must not like 2K basketball very much. If he didn't like the demo, he must have hated 2K11.
I think Sage pretty much summed it up..

# 11 Vni @ 09/23/11 05:46 PM
Quote:
My biggest pet peeve is how the passing, after more than 10 years of 2K basketball, is still slow and floaty. Shouldn't Jason Kidd be zipping passes around the court? Beach ball passing, sadly, is still the norm in 2K12.
I agree with him. Passing is off, it feels like the ball has no weight and floats in the air.

# 12 RedmanR @ 09/23/11 05:49 PM
I think the demo showcases a lot more than it's given credit for. I see highly noticeable improvements over 2K11 and not to mention. . . the demo is a "stripped" down build. I think the retailed version will be well worth the investment. Nice write up guys.

# 13 coolcras7 @ 09/23/11 06:04 PM
Weird roundtable, only one guy actually plays the 2k series.

# 14 adwin7 @ 09/23/11 06:04 PM
I don't know if too many people played 2k11 as much as I have this year, and I don't know if too many people played the demo as much as me. I have gotten it in on both. So that's why I can't understand Why this demo feels like 2k11 to people.

No need to point out differences but for those who played the later builds, I can't argue with you, but I strongly disagree with this round table as a whole.

# 15 Al_Boogie3 @ 09/23/11 06:05 PM
A lot of people are complaining about the demo, but the demo is just merely there to demonstrate some of the improvements of the game. It's not intended to surrender everything that the product, in this case the game, has imporved on. It also is leaving the customer with a little bit of a eager factor. I was tweeting with this guy and he told me that he couldn't even play the demo after he downloaded it because the final build is so much better. If thats the case this game is going to be bananas because the demo is nice. Yo the game is going to be rediculous, bottom line!!

# 16 Xx Qontrolz xX @ 09/23/11 06:07 PM
Jayson Young: "NBA 2K12 seems to focus too much on the flash and glamour of basketball and not enough on the sport's fundamentals."

wtf

i think there's no 1 other sport game that is more fundamentals-oriented than 2k12.. from the players side to the coaching side...

# 17 infam0us @ 09/23/11 06:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_Boogie3
A lot of people are complaining about the demo, but the demo is just merely there to demonstrate some of the improvements of the game. It's not intended to surrender everything that the product, in this case the game, has imporved on. It also is leaving the customer with a little bit of a eager factor. I was tweeting with this guy and he told me that he couldn't even play the demo after he downloaded it because the final build is so much better. If thats the case this game is going to be bananas because the demo is nice. Yo the game is going to be rediculous, bottom line!!
Except 2k's demos don't do that, 2k's demo don't do the full retail version justice, if I didn't check this site out or read any of the insights I would be disappointed in 2k based off the demo. Like I know someone who was complaining about it, like the demo brought in doubt i whether they should make the purpose.

# 18 dukedude24 @ 09/23/11 06:15 PM
didn't really care much about their opinions except Dustin's.....

since Dustin actually played a more updated version.....

sounds like the final version will be much much better than the demo.

# 19 jreezy18 @ 09/23/11 06:29 PM
Definitely not understanding the "NBA 2K12 seems to focus too much on the flash and glamour of basketball and not enough on the sport's fundamentals." statement. In my opinion that is far from the truth, especially when I look at the work 2K has put into improving the playcalling system on both the offensive and defensive sides of the ball.

# 20 spankdatazz22 @ 09/23/11 06:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
He likes that arcade ball.
Yep, no accounting for taste. This is a demo that has it's own media thread

« Previous12345Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.