Home
FIFA Soccer 12 News Post

Unlike the action on the field, the bread and butter offline modes this year for FIFA 12 remains relatively unchanged. Rather than revolutionary changes, we’re treated to smaller enhancements and fixes.

Read More - FIFA 12 Reviewer Career Mode Impressions

Game: FIFA Soccer 12Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 14 - View All
FIFA Soccer 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Krebstar @ 09/26/11 12:23 PM
Very much appreciated.

Players asking for rest is a nice addition.

# 2 NaturalSelected @ 09/26/11 02:25 PM
Great, review thanks for the heads up. I'll go a little more in depth once I have time with the game, but this has given me the points I needed heading in to my first CM with Arsenal.

# 3 BigDPW @ 09/26/11 03:05 PM
I haven't played FIFA since FIFA08 or 09. I did play WC2010.

Does this mean that fatigue carrying over from game to game is improved and now represented in the game?

# 4 MrRudy @ 09/26/11 03:36 PM
Solid review, super excited for tomorrow.

# 5 NaturalSelected @ 09/26/11 03:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDPW
I haven't played FIFA since FIFA08 or 09. I did play WC2010.

Does this mean that fatigue carrying over from game to game is improved and now represented in the game?
It is there, along with form. Additionally, players complain about too much or not enough playing time, which helps even more.

# 6 Krebstar @ 09/26/11 03:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaturalSelected
It is there, along with form. Additionally, players complain about too much or not enough playing time, which helps even more.
Agreed. Fatigue and players asking for playing time are great to help force rotations.

# 7 kelvinmak @ 09/26/11 04:31 PM
Yikes, just seen the weirdest transfer yet:

On deadline day, Barcelona bought Reina without offloading Valdes, while Liverpool didn't replace him at all. At least Doni is rated a 76, so they're not totally crap back there.

Again, I think on the whole the transfers are pretty okay, but you do have to deal with some major headscratchers like this once in a while.

EDIT: Okay, I just saw that Reina forced a move for Liverpool-- which isn't TOTALLY out of the realm of reality, as there were rumors of him leaving last season. But still, it's pretty baffling to think Liverpool wouldn't have bought somebody, or that Barcelona would be the team to snap him up, with Valdes already in their squad.

# 8 southernbelle @ 09/27/11 04:37 AM
no disrespect to kelvin mak, but assume he does not live in the UK. deadline day (both windows) is absolutely huge here. its when the last minute deals get done in one day, after inertia for months. huge thing and really adds to european football experience.

# 9 Sabredj @ 09/27/11 10:50 AM
For someone who just started playing FIFA last year, how does my live season work and how does the DLC breakdown? That's the season mode I think would interest me most.

# 10 laijka @ 09/27/11 12:01 PM
Quote:
Look, I’m a fan of Junior Hoilett and Owen Hargeaves, and I think Canada is making good strides towards having a better program, but it’s just not very realistic that I can find four players that can potentially be an 80 plus -- pretty much world class -- player in any given year.
Realistic, no. But from a gameplay point of view it makes perfect sense. But finding four in one country in one year, I agree, it seems a bit much.

Also, haven't really played FIFA since '10 so, is the Player mode still only 4 seasons long?

# 11 NaturalSelected @ 09/27/11 12:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by laijka
Also, haven't really played FIFA since '10 so, is the Player mode still only 4 seasons long?
Player mode is essentially this:

1. Carbon copy of career mode
2. Can't control transfers
3. Player lock camera

As an avid FIFA fan, stick with either CM proper/Player+manager or all of the great online modes. Player career mode is an afterthought.

# 12 coach422001 @ 09/27/11 07:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernbelle
no disrespect to kelvin mak, but assume he does not live in the UK. deadline day (both windows) is absolutely huge here. its when the last minute deals get done in one day, after inertia for months. huge thing and really adds to european football experience.
Well, he does say it is a nice touch to the game and gives us his impression of what that sub-mode is for this edition and we haven't had this before in the Fifa games. He's commenting on the game not the frenzy that is real life deadline day.

# 13 BRxSKINSx @ 09/28/11 09:14 AM
I've never been a FIFA guy....nuthin against the game...just never had the time with 2k and the Call of Duty games...BUT with a few days b4 2k drops, I'm giving FIFA a chance...it looks and feels great....I just don't know the soccer, excuse me futbol rules and strategies....u know what I mean...

# 14 birsealmighty @ 09/30/11 04:28 AM
Thank you for this honest review. You have just saved me £40. I buy this game for the 'Be a Player Mode'. You have just answered below that next to nothing has changed here. So the content of my wallet will not be changing either. I agree with the posting above that this game should only come out every two years. But then again for the past five or six years, I've only bought this every two years anyway. I cannot stand Ultimate Team and I don't really enjoy playing the ordinary game within FIFA. I do however gives loads of my time to be a player. Well I guess I'll just have to wait until the end of September 2012 now. EA take note - like minded people (like me) are reading this and are waiting on your changes. It really is scandalous that you have not changed be a player, especially when loads and loads of fans requested changes.

Player Mode

Player Mode, on the other hand, is really starting to feel stale. Perhaps that’s because it is virtually unchanged from FIFA 11.

The best thing about it is the revamped, slower nature of the on-field gameplay, is that the wingers and strikers aren’t the only ones to have all the fun. Now your created center midfielder can try to unlock defenses, or your centerback can try to defend with Tactical Defending.

'Otherwise, it’s essentially manager mode with player lock on, without the ability to transfer players. There is, unfortunately, very little interactions with your teammates or managers, so the mode gives you nothing to do except to play game after game. Without a doubt, this is definitely the weakest part of the game.'

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.