Home
NBA 2K12 News Post

NBA 2K12 Legendary Teams will be playable online, via DLC.

Greatest stars in NBA history compete in:
  • 2 vs. 2 Teammate Challenge
  • 3 vs. 3 Era Challenge
  • Even 21, H.O.R.S.E. and more
  • You pick the match-ups and rules
  • Play online with the Legendary Teams from NBA's Greatest
  • Import your My Player - can you compete?
  • Set in NYC's iconic Times Square
Thanks SSchevyRidah!

Game: NBA 2K12Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 102 - View All
NBA 2K12 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 cavsfan2 @ 09/28/11 10:33 PM
I dont mind DLC. What bothers me is 2k making me pay extra for something that could have been on the game disc at launch. If you add something in february, fine. But dont make me pay more for no reason.

# 122 Mrcabone @ 09/28/11 11:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Marlowe
If theres no way to have a simple classic team exhibition match equaling the offline experience (a regular game featuring the Pistons v the Bulls for example) then there's no way in hell I'd pay for this. 2 on 2 or 3 on 3 in a streetball type game? No thanks.

Baffles the mind if what I'm assuming is true.
You can use classic teams online in a regular game matchup, according to the screenshot on the first page.

# 123 Yeah...THAT Guy @ 09/28/11 11:21 PM
Is this basically going to work like this:

If you buy the DLC, you get matched up with other people that have bought it.

Or is it a completely separate game mode so you can ONLY choose the classic teams?

# 124 pilonv1 @ 09/28/11 11:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrcabone
You can use classic teams online in a regular game matchup, according to the screenshot on the first page.
It just says "play online", which doesn't necessarily mean proper 5 on 5. It could be just limited to the Showcase game modes, which would be insane if true. No one wants that, they want 5 on 5 classic basketball.

# 125 ffaacc03 @ 09/29/11 10:21 AM
DLC are conceptualized and developed after the game is produced ? ... as much as we would like, things dont work that noble way, they never have btw ... all DLC are worked on within the budget and development calendar of games ... the main purpose of them is to expand the original game value of those whom find it worthy, then again, at a cost.

So, is as simple as a matter of choice: do you find it worthy of (whatever amount, put price here) paying for that extra added value ?

Agreed, we all would prefer not to pay ... but if they ask for a pay in order to have a DLC, they would just be going by the modern standars and would be ultimatelly giving us more of what they have been giving us: "user control" ... as we and only we, are the ones who decide (control) to buy it or not.

Again, doing so will help 2k get in a better financial position (which is a wise business route to take) and that, given their proven record of listening to the community and going all in on the 1 year cycles, can only translate into our benefit.

# 126 afridgetofar @ 09/29/11 10:55 AM
I sincerely hope classic teams are available as options in regular teamplay without DLC.

# 127 green225 @ 09/29/11 11:06 AM
did they say what else is in the dlc package? as in crew, and my player pick up games. if that's in, i'll pay the extra $10 bucks, if not, forget about it. if that's in there this is cool, i'll be using nick anderson, and plan on turning his legacy around.

# 128 royaltyrell516 @ 10/02/11 09:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrooge
so does this mean we can only use them on the blacktop and not in standard hardwood exhibitions? or 5 on 5 unranked team up play?
READ IT YOU GUYS!!! IT SAYS WE CAN PLAYT WITH THE LEGENDARY TEAMS ONLINE! DAT MEANS ON THE HARDWOOD!!!!

# 129 poloelite @ 10/05/11 02:50 PM
Anyone figure out how to access the Legends Showcase DLC yet?

# 130 Tomba @ 10/05/11 03:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by poloelite
Anyone figure out how to access the Legends Showcase DLC yet?

I can't either. i don't get how early releases got this screen but we do not now? wierd

I want MORE teams man Ohh do I want more teams i love this classic match up stuff. just not enough of it IMHO

# 131 ultralow36 @ 10/06/11 03:07 AM
any news on this mode?

# 132 poloelite @ 10/06/11 05:48 PM
I can't find any news on this mode anywhere. Everything I find about it is pre-launch.

# 133 bigball12 @ 10/07/11 06:00 PM
If this DLC restricts the legends for use at Times Square only, I'm not buying this!

# 134 mrclutch @ 10/07/11 06:04 PM
Has anyone heard when this or any other DLC will be out?

# 135 mrclutch @ 10/08/11 11:59 PM
Any word on the ETA on the DLC?

# 136 RajonChrondo @ 10/13/11 05:01 PM
@ref65 now THAT'S lame my friend.

# 137 Paniro @ 10/14/11 01:04 PM
made a thread on 2ksports with a answer from the support team about crew being in the game. the answer was basically no someone posted a link to this screen so i asked support about it and this what i got.

## Please do not write below this line ##
Ticket #4****: my player

Your request (#4****) has been updated.

To review the status of the request and add additional comments, follow the link below:
http://support.2k.com/tickets/4****

You can also add a comment by replying to this email.

Carl G, Oct-14 06:17 (PDT):

That will not be from us as we have nothing confirmed at all for this game.

O*** S*****, Oct-14 05:18 (PDT):

theres a screenshot floating around of a screen from the DLC with the words
import your my player and compete. any details on that is it import to just
play against legends offline or what?
- Show quoted text -

This email is a service from 2K Support

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.