Home
NBA 2K12 News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Here are some of the notables.

Rose - 92
Stephen Jackson - 83
Noah - 82
KG - 83
Pierce - 82
R. Allen - 80
B. Griffin - 85
R. Gay - 86
Z. Randolph - 83
Joe Johnson - 84
J. Smith - 84
Horford - 80
Wade - 96
Bron - 98
Bosh - 80
C. Paul 93
Millsap - 80
A. Jefferson - 81
T. Evans 80
Melo - 91
Amare - 88
Billups - 79
Kobe - 94
Gasol -86
D. Howard - 93
Dirk - 85
Butler - 81
D. Williams 90
W. Chandler - 80
Granger - 81
Prince - 77
RIP - 76
Barbosa - 71
K. Martin - 79
K. Lowry - 76
Scola - 77
T. Parker - 80
Manu - 85
Duncan - 84
Nash - 84
G. Hill - 80
A. Brooks - 75
Westbrook - 88
Durant - 92
Beasley - 78
K. Love - 81
Felton - 75
G. Wallace - 83
L. Aldridge - 83
B. Roy - 78
S. Curry - 80
Ellis - 83
D. Lee - 79
John Wall - 82

Game: NBA 2K12Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 102 - View All
NBA 2K12 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 RedSceptile @ 09/27/11 09:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jovan69
Mr. Choke should be 94, Rose 93, Kobe and Wade 95?
Kobe should be rated lower for being swept by the Mavericks then if that's the case.

# 82 KB2009Champ @ 09/27/11 09:14 AM
Some ratings look right, others are ridiculous.

I really wish the guy had posted the ratings with the numbers instead of the letters.

# 83 naot2010 @ 09/27/11 09:23 AM
Ratings need to be adjusted so we stop seeing players putting up crazy numbers in simulated associations. Stats need to be more realistic

# 84 stillfeelme @ 09/27/11 09:37 AM
This thread only proves who has an idea of what ratings mean and who doesn't in 2k12. Comparing overalls between players is foolish. I am kind of surprised because some on here have been playing the game for more than a year. Each player has their strengths and weaknesses and you can only see it by looking at the detailed attributes of skills not overall smh. If you can't play to the strengths of your team and player you will get exposed this year.

# 85 thebesteva_22 @ 09/27/11 09:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coachimclutch504
Look little kids your overall rating is a combine of attributes SMH not jus shooting and dunking LISTEN dirk, i bet plays like a unstopable man on offense... My point is overall consist of ball handling, speed, vertical (jumping), def awr, etc all of these attributes are factors when you talking about overall's and Dirk is below avg. and some of these Categories
The thread title is Player Ratings revealed, not player attributes revaled. This is all we have to go off of the overall rating which they give us in the 1st post. You act as if the give us everyones atttributes 3pt. Close Shot ect.

# 86 fatleg3 @ 09/27/11 09:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by a_maz_ing
interesting that Jameer Nelson, Gilbert, and Turk rate as B/B- defenders while Richardson is only a C+...seems like, as always, they are too generous with alot of pp;'s D, Starting with those 3.
As a magic fan i will say the 2k over rated gilbert last year and they have again over rated him. Yea i know about his skill set and what he can do but he showed none of that last year with orl. But in 2k11 I would bring him off the bench and i was a beast with him. His mid range jumper was so wet. I could easily score 25 points a game with him if I wanted to, and last year he simply did not play to that level. Yea I know overalls are not such a big factor but Gilberts individual ratings that make up his overall is to high for him right now until he can show that he still is agent zero.

# 87 iceberg0982 @ 09/27/11 09:52 AM
These overal player ratings dont mean much. I focus on important attributes. Clutch, speed, inside, mid range, 3, dunk, post off, shoot in traffic, pass, off and def awareness.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

# 88 deztructi0n @ 09/27/11 09:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebesteva_22
The thread title is Player Ratings revealed, not player attributes revaled. This is all we have to go off of the overall rating which they give us in the 1st post. You act as if the give us everyones atttributes 3pt. Close Shot ect.
Exactly. Which is why everyone should shut the **** up until we get all applicable information concerning ratings, and stop bashing 2K based solely on overall ratings. Some of you are worse than an impulsive 3 year old...

# 89 Spydermaan @ 09/27/11 09:58 AM
Lol u guys are hilarious. Ok I also think MELO shud be rated 100 lmao smh. Just a bunch of angry fans on here. I'm good with overall ratings tho. LBJ choke or not is by far the best athlete in the game and rember the most expensive attribute of bball is speed and who can argue with the speed or LBJ, wade, rose and Paul so I'm cool with rose rated better than MELO but not durant, they are basically the same player with MELO having better rebounding and post skills to top KD. I'm also glad that 2k won't be prisoner of the moment like some other sites are and they would change some of this depending on the players play. Like last year Korver was dubbed as being a great shooter n all some bull**** but after a bad performance halfway thru the season he was dropped from 81 to a 67 i think. And don't gimme that rose plays better defense than MELO bull****. The reason for the Bulls success is not D Rose, heck he wasn't efficient anyways, the star of the Buuls is their Coach Thib and his defense. Just like the Celtics. I personally think MELO has better 1 on 1 on ball defense, while rose is a good offball or help or team defender. Shut up people u don't know what u talking about. U guys should be smarter to know that there are different types of defense on ball where u lockdown, hands up, play tight, sag off **** like that and there is off ball team defense where u have playing screens, help d weakside, pressure passing lanes, switching and so on. Melissa is ghost at the former while Rose is good at the latter cos of coach Thib. Go look at Rose's stats bs elite point gaurds and look at MELO stats bs elite small forwards. Look at when MELO played LBJ in the Miami game on that last block Amare had on LBj, it was because MELO was quick with his feet and his hands up forcing LBJ to weak hand and enabling STAT to get the block and look at when he blocked Granger to avoid the game wining shot against the pacers and gimme something from Rose. It's the team ppl, Rose don't play no better d than MELO. Shut up and stop listening to Espn. On that note Tim Teebow should play btw. Thanks 2k for an exciting game, can't wait and if u don't want u can go back to EA sports. 2k gives a **** but only if u do too. Sorry for the mistakes I'm sure ur English teacher can help u decipher them.

# 90 jeebs9 @ 09/27/11 10:01 AM
Aren't these ratings the last rating from 2k11?

# 91 RedSceptile @ 09/27/11 10:02 AM
TL;DR

I'm sorry dude but you ever heard of paragraphs?

# 92 jeebs9 @ 09/27/11 10:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillfeelme
This thread only proves who has an idea of what ratings mean and who doesn't in 2k12. Comparing overalls between players is foolish. I am kind of surprised because some on here have been playing the game for more than a year. Each player has their strengths and weaknesses and you can only see it by looking at the detailed attributes of skills not overall smh. If you can't play to the strengths of your team and player you will get exposed this year.

QTF

I don't see why people get sucked into this every single year.

# 93 BRxSKINSx @ 09/27/11 10:11 AM
i really dont care how they have players rated.....as long as the players DO WHAT THEY DO WELL....

# 94 RB10 @ 09/27/11 10:42 AM
Rubio a 67.....I heard it was confirmed he was in the game, but this is just a double confirmation for me!

# 95 pepp32 @ 09/27/11 10:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spydermaan
Lol u guys are hilarious. Ok I also think MELO shud be rated 100 lmao smh. Just a bunch of angry fans on here. I'm good with overall ratings tho. LBJ choke or not is by far the best athlete in the game and rember the most expensive attribute of bball is speed and who can argue with the speed or LBJ, wade, rose and Paul so I'm cool with rose rated better than MELO but not durant, they are basically the same player with MELO having better rebounding and post skills to top KD. I'm also glad that 2k won't be prisoner of the moment like some other sites are and they would change some of this depending on the players play. Like last year Korver was dubbed as being a great shooter n all some bull**** but after a bad performance halfway thru the season he was dropped from 81 to a 67 i think. And don't gimme that rose plays better defense than MELO bull****. The reason for the Bulls success is not D Rose, heck he wasn't efficient anyways, the star of the Buuls is their Coach Thib and his defense. Just like the Celtics. I personally think MELO has better 1 on 1 on ball defense, while rose is a good offball or help or team defender. Shut up people u don't know what u talking about. U guys should be smarter to know that there are different types of defense on ball where u lockdown, hands up, play tight, sag off **** like that and there is off ball team defense where u have playing screens, help d weakside, pressure passing lanes, switching and so on. Melissa is ghost at the former while Rose is good at the latter cos of coach Thib. Go look at Rose's stats bs elite point gaurds and look at MELO stats bs elite small forwards. Look at when MELO played LBJ in the Miami game on that last block Amare had on LBj, it was because MELO was quick with his feet and his hands up forcing LBJ to weak hand and enabling STAT to get the block and look at when he blocked Granger to avoid the game wining shot against the pacers and gimme something from Rose. It's the team ppl, Rose don't play no better d than MELO. Shut up and stop listening to Espn. On that note Tim Teebow should play btw. Thanks 2k for an exciting game, can't wait and if u don't want u can go back to EA sports. 2k gives a **** but only if u do too. Sorry for the mistakes I'm sure ur English teacher can help u decipher them.
What are you talking about kid? Bulls suffered through a lot of injuries last season and he basically carried them to the best record in the NBA as a point guard at the humble age of 22! Him and KD are two of the best young players we have in are league and even Kevin has Westbrook. Who does Rose have aside from Boozer when he wants play hard? No one thats who,and he did it for dolo!
Dont get me wrong,Melo is a great player, but ub a since he's kind of fell off. He still hit a very high average last season for ppg at 25.6 but it doesnt hold a candle to what Rose was able to accomplish. How many come back victorys did he lead the Bulls to? Better yet how did they fair against one another head to head IN New York for that matter? He went H.A.M on those guys finishing with a spectacular dunk at the end of that game!

I havent blogged on here in a while but when people start throwing out random bs I feel the urge to address it. Rose's stock is clearly on the rise, so is KD's...Lebron is a little high at 98...more like 96..but ok whatever...however..Rose and KD at 92...spot on! Melo at 91...proabaly about right...besides..this games is based on playing to teams strength...using user skill not cheese plays that can't be stopped.

# 96 pepp32 @ 09/27/11 10:47 AM
You tell me another player that averaged 25.0 ppg 7.7 ast. and something like 4.1 rpg during the season and 27 ppg in the playoffs.
Rose was rediculous bro...he clearly should be higher than Melo!

# 97 HeavenlyTouch @ 09/27/11 11:03 AM
Come on, how is Barbosa rated higher than DeMar DeRozan and Bargnani? Is this a joke? DeRozan avged 19 ppg post allstar break and he's coming into his 3rd year.. Bargs avged 21.. there is no way these guys should be rated so low (even lower than Turkoglu for example).. they are both mid 70's players with DeRozan in the high 70's.. that's ridiculous

Most of the American fanbase/media has NO idea about the Raptors.. it's so discouraging.. and it's just reflected in this type of thing.. if you guys saw your sixth man/bench player rated higher than your two best players wouldn't that be a little odd? (Not like we're talking about Manu or Jason Terry here, it's Barbosa afteralll).

# 98 BezO @ 09/27/11 11:07 AM
Ratings threads are always funny. I'm surprised mods still allow these.

Yall know companies only use overall ratings for 3 things, right?

1. To give the casual gamer a way to compare players.
2. To give communities like this something to argue about.
3. To have numbers for some formula we know nothing about, to rank teams.

Regarding 1, most of OS should be above this.
2, we fall for it every time.
3, untill they come up with a better way...

C'mon folks! We know most players are not comparable. About the only time this makes sense is when 2 players have similar skill sets. Kobe vs LeBron maybe, because they are both great, all around players. But Dirk vs LeBron, Noah vs Pierce? At this point, we're getting into personal preference and team needs/chemstry.

I could understand debating individual ratings... why is such & such rated a better rebounder than whatshisface? But this should be the last year for overall rating debate post. And we should scold new comers that don't know any better.

# 99 The 24th Letter @ 09/27/11 11:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRxSKINSx
i really dont care how they have players rated.....as long as the players DO WHAT THEY DO WELL....
bingo.

10 rating complaints.

# 100 Vni @ 09/27/11 11:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie D
Can 2K stop overrating Kobe? His defense is terrible and he has no athleticism anymore. On what planet is he better than Dwight Howard.
Kobe is a better center than Dwight for sure.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.