Home
NBA 2K12 News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Here are some of the notables.

Rose - 92
Stephen Jackson - 83
Noah - 82
KG - 83
Pierce - 82
R. Allen - 80
B. Griffin - 85
R. Gay - 86
Z. Randolph - 83
Joe Johnson - 84
J. Smith - 84
Horford - 80
Wade - 96
Bron - 98
Bosh - 80
C. Paul 93
Millsap - 80
A. Jefferson - 81
T. Evans 80
Melo - 91
Amare - 88
Billups - 79
Kobe - 94
Gasol -86
D. Howard - 93
Dirk - 85
Butler - 81
D. Williams 90
W. Chandler - 80
Granger - 81
Prince - 77
RIP - 76
Barbosa - 71
K. Martin - 79
K. Lowry - 76
Scola - 77
T. Parker - 80
Manu - 85
Duncan - 84
Nash - 84
G. Hill - 80
A. Brooks - 75
Westbrook - 88
Durant - 92
Beasley - 78
K. Love - 81
Felton - 75
G. Wallace - 83
L. Aldridge - 83
B. Roy - 78
S. Curry - 80
Ellis - 83
D. Lee - 79
John Wall - 82

Game: NBA 2K12Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 102 - View All
NBA 2K12 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 44drob @ 09/27/11 11:24 AM
ig dirk should of lost the championship to be a ninety eight smh

game is still great tho

# 102 Vni @ 09/27/11 11:25 AM
Kobe didn't get that old in one year, his knee was injured. Am sure he'll come back a way better player this year if there is a season.

# 103 J-H!zZl3 @ 09/27/11 11:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie D
Lawl, Kobe is a taller Hedo Turkoglu at this point of his career.
Taller??????

# 104 RedSceptile @ 09/27/11 11:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vni
Kobe is a better center than Dwight for sure.
Kobe is one of the best Centers ever! How did you not know!?

# 105 pHiLKizer @ 09/27/11 11:27 AM
Don't these numbers change throughout the season in roster updates based on play anyway? No need to trip, a lot of these are pretty accurate based on last NBA season..especially Carlos Boozer(that bum). Dirk should be a little higher considering the Mavs swept the 2 time champs and won the title this year. Lebron is slightly exaggerated, should be a 95. And lastly, Brandon Roy's and Gerald Wallace's rating numbers need to be switched for each other's. Gerald Wallace is not as good as Lamarcus Aldridge(who should be a little higher as well). Btu like I said, these will change during the season...if we have a season. If not, we always have the ability to change them ourselves.

# 106 mlp111 @ 09/27/11 11:28 AM
going to have to do some major roster editing, no way john wall is a 82, should be maybe 74-76, not a big deal, every year i have to adjust 2k ratings, i don't know why i thought it would be different this year!

# 107 mrKfresh @ 09/27/11 11:38 AM
Im still trying to comprehend why "IGNORANT" people are still concerned about overall ratings of players. smh.

Its Not about the overall rating at all. The issue is whether or not the player plays like his real life counterpart. However nitpicking Individual ratings is a different story. Cmon' guys get it together please and cut this nonsense out.

# 108 Jukeman @ 09/27/11 11:43 AM
I'm at the point in my gaming career (lol) where I don't care about OVR ratings..So as long as these list of things are represented, who cares?

-Players play like themselves on the court.

-Players play like themselves in sim games

-Ovr rating work within association mode (progression/regression, Trade/signing logic, player role logic)

They should just hide the OVR rating (and POT) altogether (only viewable during player edit) and just show the individual attributes and the big 3 ratings (Offense, Defense, Rebounding)

The OVR shouldn't be looked at as a ranking..

Now, are some individual ratings going to be underrated? Sure, are some overrated? Most likely but saying player B should be rated this way because player A is rated that way doesn't make sense..

Sent from my HumancentiPad using Tapatalk

# 109 Colts18 @ 09/27/11 11:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pHiLKizer
Don't these numbers change throughout the season in roster updates based on play anyway? .
Yea if we have a season.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
QTF

I don't see why people get sucked into this every single year.
I don't understand either. Maybe 2K does this on purpose. Who knows.

# 110 ccjj1010 @ 09/27/11 11:52 AM
so let me get this straight. Grant Hill is better than B roy? and Durant only a 92. Am I missing something?

# 111 fatleg3 @ 09/27/11 11:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukeman
I'm at the point in my gaming career (lol) where I don't care about OVR ratings..So as long as these list of things are represented, who cares?

-Players play like themselves on the court.

-Players play like themselves in sim games

-Ovr rating work within association mode (progression/regression, Trade/signing logic, player role logic)

They should just hide the OVR rating (and POT) altogether (only viewable during player edit) and just show the individual attributes and the big 3 ratings (Offense, Defense, Rebounding)

Sent from my HumancentiPad using Tapatalk
Exactly. The only time i have problems is like the one i mentioned in my last post. Take Gilbert Arenas for example. I think he is rated a 77. He was like that in 2k11 and in 2k11 i could take him of the bench and put up 25 points anytime with him. His mid range jumper was so wet it was hard to miss with him. Thats was the old agent zero but last yr he played nowhere near that level. But with his rating being the same from 2k11 im sure he will play like he did in 2k11 which makes him over rated at this point in his career

# 112 hoop xyience @ 09/27/11 11:54 AM
As long as LeBron clutch rating is in the low 70's, I could care less about his overall

# 113 Colts18 @ 09/27/11 11:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccjj1010
so let me get this straight. Grant Hill is better than B roy? and Durant only a 92. Am I missing something?
Grant Hill's defense is what puts him over the top.

# 114 skillz7854 @ 09/27/11 12:01 PM
ratings mean nothing

# 115 mutumbo888 @ 09/27/11 12:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2k10Fonzarelli
you shouldn't make a habit of assuming overall rating is the sole determining factor of a player's ability.

You'll notice that if you take someone rated very highly, say Kobe, and lower his Offensive and Defensive awareness to that of your average rookie or young player, his overall rating drops considerably despite the fact that his shooting is all high 70's to low 90's, despite the fact that his athletics and defensive abilities are also quite high.

Or say you have a PF who's amazing in everything except what PF's are supposed to be good at, his overall rating will be lower than someone who is an amazing rebounder and brilliant low post defender. See : Chris Bosh v Dennis Rodman. Q.E.D

In the case of Danillo, a 67 seems about right so long as VC/2k has given him the shooting credit he deserves. Danillo is still a fairly young player who's understanding of the way the NBA game is still developing. Plus, he plays frail, kind of like Bargnani(Sp?) and should be a much better rebounder for someone his size in his position.

Maybe Chandler is slightly overrated, but realise that he's a more fundamentally sound player than most and his understanding of the game is pretty good. Also, the things he is very good at are applicable to the position he plays. Hence the 80 overall.

Overall is almost meaningless, you shouldn't feel like you have to make Danillo a 75+ if 2k has paid attention to his strengths. And if you do so, you'll probably end up making him a better player than he actually is for the sake of him appearing to be Chandler's equal on paper, which he probably isn't.

we all know Kobe is 94 overall LeBron is 98 which Is probably fair once you objectively look at their ability ratings. Kobe will still have better ratings in the area's he's proficient in, in comparison to James. Bron probably has that 4 point edge because the things he's strong in are mathematically applicable to the SF position in NBA 2K12. That doesn't necessarily suggest he's that much better than Kobe, if at all.

PS. please don't turn this into a Bron v Kobe thread....please.
this FTW. same stuff every year.

the more complete the player (aka "overall" skill) the better chance he has at being rated high...even if someone may be a better scorer than him. kinda pointless to get panties in wad over the ovr., it's in the details where the separation between players is found.

# 116 BezO @ 09/27/11 12:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlp111
going to have to do some major roster editing, no way john wall is a 82, should be maybe 74-76, not a big deal, every year i have to adjust 2k ratings, i don't know why i thought it would be different this year!
I'm curious how you can say this without seeing all of his individual stats. What exactly are you going to change to get him down to a 74-76?

And this is my question for everyone complaining about overall ratings. What if you go to edit these players you're complaining about and his individual ratings are solid. What are you going to raise/lower to get them the overall rating you feel is right?

Unless I missed something, we don't even know what the overall ratings formula is. How is anyone complaining about it?

# 117 ccjj1010 @ 09/27/11 12:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts18
Grant Hill's defense is what puts him over the top.
so kevin martin is better too? I understand maybe because he was hurt, but why then would you rate hurt players like caron butler and rudy gay so high? they didnt even play?

# 118 Colts18 @ 09/27/11 12:13 PM
Not sure, but I was just simply letting you know that players that play both sides of the ball will generally be higher. This is something that most can't seem to understand. Instead you are opting to write 2000 dissertations as to why Dirk is Larry Bird Jr. It is funny to sit back and see it though.

# 119 ccjj1010 @ 09/27/11 12:18 PM
2k sometimes gets way too prisoner of the moment. If what I see about dirk is true with a 99 midrange. The same as Michael Jordan... Something is seriously wrong.

# 120 ffaacc03 @ 09/27/11 12:18 PM
The only place where overalls do matter is in association ... and only for trading purposes (thus partially, as potential has a greater effect) and for controlled AI rotation assignments.

Anyways, I hope (once again, like I wish every year, thus not yet conceded) that they assign and scale the players attributes and tendencies right. Also, would love to see an improved and extended version of the most underrated yet more recognizable feature of the 2k brand: roster editability.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.