Home
Madden 12 News Post

Madden NFL 12 Title Update #2 details are coming soon, according to the Madden Twitter feed.

Game: Madden NFL 12Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 44 - View All
Madden NFL 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 201 SteboSSK @ 10/06/11 10:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by poopoop
No it isn't.

When details about a patch come out for a video game the last thing you hear is "why didn't they say anything earlier." Why would someone be mad that they EA didn't make an announcement about a future patch details announcement.

I don't really care either way but let's not be ridiculous.
Obviously u werent on the NCAA boards then...lets not be ridiculous sir and assume things

# 202 BobbyColtrane @ 10/06/11 10:36 PM
What does "soon" mean?

# 203 roadman @ 10/06/11 11:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WinstonWolf
What does "soon" mean?
Tomorrow..

# 204 KBLover @ 10/07/11 12:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by poopoop
No it isn't.

When details about a patch come out for a video game the last thing you hear is "why didn't they say anything earlier." Why would someone be mad that they EA didn't make an announcement about a future patch details announcement.

I don't really care either way but let's not be ridiculous.

Funny because on the SC2 boards, it's like "why isn't Blizzard saying anything about this or that."

Is not as ridiculous as you think, imo.

# 205 Ueauvan @ 10/07/11 07:45 AM
i cant see how they can complain about being hit on twitter when they choose to use it, cant have it both ways

there are things wrong in the game, some seriously game changing, some game experience shattering. they said there will be a patch, they cant leave it several weeks to say what they are fixing and they cant leave it to december

if they thing people are happy playing 32 team offline franchise because its the only way to not have screwed up rosters they are demented

# 206 Technified @ 10/07/11 11:59 AM
But isn't this the same stuff that happens every year? Game gets released, there are obviously major holes in the game, people want a patch, EA announces details on a patch "coming soon" which doesn't come until December.

Also Imo the phrase "coming soon" is over used on different sites whether it's cellphone sites or this site. "coming soon" can mean anywhere from today to early next year.

# 207 roadman @ 10/07/11 12:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Technified
But isn't this the same stuff that happens every year? Game gets released, there are obviously major holes in the game, people want a patch, EA announces details on a patch "coming soon" which doesn't come until December.

Also Imo the phrase "coming soon" is over used on different sites whether it's cellphone sites or this site. "coming soon" can mean anywhere from today to early next year.
You do have a point, but "coming soon" was referenced twice in the last two weeks. Two weeks ago Thursday on a podcast and once last week in Twitter. Steve referenced a tweet this week on Twitter that details will be here on Friday.

That's the trail it's followed at this time. So, if the info stays on the same path, the latest this patch would be released is late Oct to early November, not December in the example above.

# 208 PantherBeast_OS @ 10/07/11 12:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Technified

They done said on twitter that the patch2 info is coming friday which is today. It should be out sometime this afternoon unless something goes wrong at the last min and they have to wait until next week. But it should be out this afternoon sometime.

# 209 Technified @ 10/07/11 12:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
You do have a point, but "coming soon" was referenced twice in the last two weeks. Two weeks ago Thursday on a podcast and once last week in Twitter. Steve referenced a tweet this week on Twitter that details will be here on Friday.

That's the trail it's followed at this time. So, if the info stays on the same path, the latest this patch would be released is late Oct to early November, not December in the example above.
Well that definitely would be a whole lot better than to have to wait until December for the patch lol. Im actually enjoying the game but it does have some issues that is annoying.

# 210 qwikphaze01 @ 10/07/11 12:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpkpkp
Rut-roh...

The bad

-UDFA invasion due to poor CPU cut logic not fixed.
-Super LB's not fixed.
-Injury severity not fixed. Crowded IR lists on CPU teams will still caused franchises to freeze.
-Does not address lack of pressure from LE's/RE's.. nor does it address finesse moves being useless.
-Not much gameplay tuning

The good

-Fixed commentary and PA announcers! Yay no more calling guys only by their jersey #'s!
-It says they fixed many common crashes/freezes. Lets hope so.
-Fixed player roles being lost by editing
-Fixed (supposedly) the rain in franchise mode. (I CANT beleive they wont just allow us to edit weather on franchise mode... UGG)
-Fixed some online exploits.
-They fixed the field for PS3 users! (Im a 360 user, but Im glad they fixed this for Playstation people)
i don't see how the shoulder pad issue wasn't resolved for import and madden generated players including udfa. i understand the field issue looked bad but, how was that a bigger issue than all the weird looking players that affected all teams every game. honestly i like alot of the things that they fixed, i still can't play franchise until player models are fixed. very dissapointed! i haven't played this game since the 2nd week it was released due to the issues and i don't know if i will even after this patch. i hope he just forgot to mention it.

# 211 T5063 @ 10/07/11 12:43 PM
Quote:
-Fixed commentary and PA announcers! Yay no more calling guys only by their jersey #'s!
I hope thats what that means. Theres dozens of players being called by their number including tonnes of starters. "Fixed several issues with commentary and PA" sound very vague, I wish we had more details on what exactly these issues were but my fingers are crossed that the number calling was one of the issues.

What about the play clock runoff time in franchise...still stuck at 20 sec.

# 212 qwikphaze01 @ 10/07/11 12:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giants4Natic
How is imported shoulder pads killing a franchise mode and take precedent over PS3 field issues.?
olinemen and defensive linemen come in looking like punters, shoulder pads are too large regardless if you lower the attribute under edit player. (some cases they come out spikey) although i can play a season in franchise, when the draft comes around is when we start seeing all the weird player models. not every game had horrible looking field. i understand people don't want to see the field the way it is, yet the player models are as bad and noticable in every game.

# 213 ABR173rd @ 10/07/11 12:46 PM
Patch covered some major issues I had with the game. It seemed that they weren't really that focused at all on the major issue's with franchise like UDFA, CPU logic in general when it came to drafting and signing FA. The issues with user tackles not being recorded and pancake blocks seem to be irrelevant again this year.

I will say I am very interested in the updated PS3 graphics and the commentary as to how far they actually went to fix it. I also don't know why they fixed the issue with editing players and how it affects player roles, yet they didn't allow us to be able to edit the physical attributes of players? They also didn't address the issue with CPU passing % in franchise mode.

# 214 qwikphaze01 @ 10/07/11 12:46 PM
Quote:
I thought this was fixed by a patch to NCAA?

And further I thought this did not effect the standard Madden Generated classes...

In effect I thought this was fixed for both imported draft classes and madden draft classes. Is that not true?
no it wasn't fixed, the only work around that anyone had was for create a player, if we go through a certain procedure. the draft classes whether they are import or generated you still see the issue, plus udfa have the issue.

# 215 TomBo24 @ 10/07/11 01:00 PM
UDFA issue is an absolute Franchise mode killer. How is this not addressed?

# 216 qwikphaze01 @ 10/07/11 01:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giants4Natic
But not everybody plays franchise and not everybody imports rosters from NCAA

The field issue was horrible in many stadiums and that is far more important to all
it wasn't limited to ncaa draft classes, it affected generated classes as well as udfa's. this was the year for offline franchise. along with player models, the draft logic, re-signing, cutting players logic is still an issue that is being ignored.

# 217 qwikphaze01 @ 10/07/11 01:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomBo24
UDFA issue is an absolute Franchise mode killer. How is this not addressed?
i agree, who really wants to control all 32 teams if they don't have too. it takes too much time to go through each team and resign players, cut, draft, put players on ir to free up roster spaces. franchise should of gotten more attention in general.

# 218 LivingLegend @ 10/07/11 01:49 PM
I can't believe the UDFA/Sign logic issues weren't fixed, guess I'll be trading Madden in now.

# 219 LivingLegend @ 10/07/11 01:54 PM
Quote:
I agree, they SHOULD have patched this.

But lets not get crazy here.

You can edit all the UDFA's to be either Kickers or Punters each pre-season. This causes the CPU's AI to cut those guys.

It takes about 30-45 minutes.
We shouldn't have to spend an extra hour sorting out a mess because EA didn't patch a major issue with the AI's logic.

It's our job to play the game, not fix a broken mess before we can actually play it.

# 220 whitetiger763 @ 10/07/11 02:24 PM
I appreciate the hard work the Dev team did to get this out, with that being said, there are several issues that were not addressed. Honestly most of this patch is dealing with online and cosmetic fixes. Now maybe it's just not possible to fix a lot of what is wrong with the game play without rebuilding it from scratch. Rest assured I won't be buying it in the future.

I will add one note here, it doesn't appear the offline franchise issue with cpu games not simming has been fixed. This game is unplayable with that issue being there.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.