Home
Madden 12 News Post

Madden NFL 12 Title Update #2 details are coming soon, according to the Madden Twitter feed.

Game: Madden NFL 12Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 44 - View All
Madden NFL 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 speedy9386 @ 09/29/11 10:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BFish06
Like someone said earlier, they really need to fix rain in the franchise and COMMENTARY. NBA 2K team has already figured out how to fix commentary through patches, but of course, they actually put maximum effort into their games. EA clearly isn't trying anymore. I'm sick of hearing my Titans called the "New York Titans" during the coin toss and hearing "Touchdown Washington" when I score with CJ. Also, I'm sick of them calling Kenny Britt a QB.

Like I said, EA doesn't even try anymore. Pathetic dev team.
Amen!!!!!!

# 102 T5063 @ 09/29/11 11:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamehead
I suppose I'm in the minority here, but an announcement like this is pointless unless some tangible information is provided. Otherwise, it's nothing more than hype to whip up the masses.

I like this year's Madden, but I guess I'm one of the few that's tired of the marketing hype.
I was just going to say something very similar. This is just 'an anouncement of an anouncement' and this whole thing has just turned into another 'wish list' thread.

Everyone already knows what the issues are!

Give us a release date and/or a list of things getting fixed.

Its been two days since they tossed us this crumb and *crickets* ever since.

# 103 Senator Palmer @ 09/29/11 11:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by T5063
I was just going to say something very similar. This is just 'an anouncement of an anouncement' and this whole thing has just turned into another 'wish list' thread.

Everyone already knows what the issues are!

Give us a release date and/or a list of things getting fixed.

Its been two days since they tossed us this crumb and *crickets* ever since.
This leads me to another thought. I never understood the concept of an announcement about an announcement. Why not just tell us when you've got something locked down? It's like Brett Favre calling a press conference to tell everyone that he'll have a decision soon.

# 104 llcmac @ 09/29/11 11:58 AM
Too late for me. I waited as long as I can, but with NHL, Fifa and NBA taking up my time I am going to Goozex this sucker for a Early Release token.

Even with a patch, I could see myself playing it fr another 2 weeks and hating myself for it. There are so many better games to sink time into, yes I love football over everything else, but this game......after every multiple hour session I always have that "I took the hot chick home and woke up with a walrus" feeling.

# 105 mars85042 @ 09/29/11 12:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls321974
Can't figure out yet why so many people still buy Madden...
Madden football is like a rich guy that buys every possible lottery ticket combination for millions & then turns them in & makes a huge profit, is that really winning?? The published game is not their best effort; they haven’t even decided if they want to be simulation or arcade, at the end of the day I always hope for a great simulation football game but every year I get maddened!!!

# 106 PantherBeast_OS @ 09/29/11 12:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Palmer
This leads me to another thought. I never understood the concept of an announcement about an announcement. Why not just tell us when you've got something locked down? It's like Brett Favre calling a press conference to tell everyone that he'll have a decision soon.
Haha please don't shoot the messenger here. I'm just letting people know what is going on. I'm with you on the announcement part of it. This was twitted 2 days ago. Saying soon. So far nothing else from the Madden crew. I wish they would push the info along.

# 107 T5063 @ 09/29/11 12:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend Killer
Haha please don't shoot the messenger here. I'm just letting people know what is going on. I'm with you on the announcement part of it. This was twitted 2 days ago. Saying soon. So far nothing else from the Madden crew. I wish they would push the info along.
I was reffering to the Tweet, not your OP

I read the tweet before this thread was started and was expecting some more news in a few hours or maybe the next day. At least a list of the issues getting fixed so I know whether I'll need to restart my franchise or not.

I'd love to know what 'soon' means to them... A few hours, a week, November?

"Soon" is what you tell a kid when he asks "are we there yet?"

# 108 EccentricMeat @ 09/29/11 01:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by T5063
I was reffering to the Tweet, not your OP

I read the tweet before this thread was started and was expecting some more news in a few hours or maybe the next day. At least a list of the issues getting fixed so I know whether I'll need to restart my franchise or not.

I'd love to know what 'soon' means to them... A few hours, a week, November?

"Soon" is what you tell a kid when he asks "are we there yet?"
What's wrong with an announcement of an announcement?

I've seen multiple posts on this forum saying "Oh, EA isn't doing a patch for this game" and "I've heard there won't be a patch until December", and "EA sucks, why can't they just come out and tell us if there will be a patch".

So, EA cleared up all of those things. They showed that they are listening, they showed that they are making changes, so we should all just sit back, relax, and let them work instead of everyone going crazy about what NEEDS to be fixed.

Half the things people see as "must fixes" are actually completely unimportant to me (and probably many others).

# 109 LivingLegend @ 09/29/11 01:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Palmer
Saying "details coming soon" at least lets us know that they are working on fixing issues, not just springing them on us.

Trust me, I've seen developers go in silence for months before fixing the issue. This is better than total silence.

# 110 TomBo24 @ 09/29/11 01:28 PM
Anyone else realize that hot and cold streaks are causing the cpu to make some stupid subs? I have seen a decent amount of games where elite qb's are splitting snaps with their backup just because of this. Is there a way to turn this feature off?

# 111 PLACT15 @ 09/29/11 01:40 PM
Any chance they fix the issue with my imported draft class players being changed into generated rookies? It's REALLY annoying

# 112 ukredskin @ 09/29/11 01:55 PM
Im guessing we will hear something on friday,then it will be anything from one to 3 weeks if waiting for the NCAA patch is anything to go by.
EA love there friday releases,its so they can go home at the weekend feeling better about themselves.
It isnt a dig at the folks who work on these games,just wish they would be a bit quicker at getting things done.
Until then its back to NCAA for me.

# 113 LivingLegend @ 09/29/11 02:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PLACT15
Any chance they fix the issue with my imported draft class players being changed into generated rookies? It's REALLY annoying
If you save your class during the players leaving stage it won't do that. There isn't a way to fix your classes, you're going to have to re-do them.

# 114 PLACT15 @ 09/29/11 02:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LivingLegend
If you save your class during the players leaving stage it won't do that. There isn't a way to fix your classes, you're going to have to re-do them.
For some reason it doesn't prompt me to save after players leaving. It always makes me save right after the season ends

# 115 kwpit79 @ 09/29/11 02:41 PM
I think custom playbooks has crashed my game. I can't make it through games without freezing after tweeking some playbooks. I was 0 for 4 before just giving up. Before tweeking some playbooks I never froze once. But not sure if it's just normal freezing bugs or me manipulating the playbooks (didn't NCAA have a bug in the customs playbooks that affected gameplay/freezes?).

Anyway, hope a patch comes out soon. Madden 11 is a pretty boring option at this point.

# 116 roadman @ 09/29/11 03:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukredskin
Im guessing we will hear something on friday,then it will be anything from one to 3 weeks if waiting for the NCAA patch is anything to go by.
EA love there friday releases,its so they can go home at the weekend feeling better about themselves.
It isnt a dig at the folks who work on these games,just wish they would be a bit quicker at getting things done.
Until then its back to NCAA for me.
I don't wont things rushed either to break something else like no huddle glitch. Once's it's out of EA's hands, more dependent on MS and Sony from that point forward.

# 117 ubernoob @ 09/29/11 07:42 PM
I'm pretty sure I've never seen a bigger group of insane ideas than I have on forums (not just limited to here. Here is more sane than most message boards, minus the select few forums on certain days.)

NBA Games. How many players per team? How much of a roster turnover? How many people on the court at once?

NFL Games. Enough said. It's a different beast. Yes, people will cry and say but NFL2k was, imo, overrated. I traded it in back in the day. "Hold on, let me charge up my special spin move."

Anyways. Yes, there is stuff in madden that needs to be fixed. Let's compare apples to apples though.

# 118 iamwubbie @ 09/29/11 07:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cards77
My custom playbooks work in my franchise. If you haven't touched them how can you state that they aren't working?
My custom playbook works, in the sense that all the plays are there.

But, it's unorganized. A normal playbook is organized by formation, and then you scroll up or down for the set. But for some reason, the custom playbooks have a page for each set, in no discernible order. I tried adding plays, one set at a time, but still a random order.

It's workable, yes. But if you have A LOT of sets, it's hard to find the play you want.

# 119 Actinguy1 @ 09/29/11 08:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PLACT15
For some reason it doesn't prompt me to save after players leaving. It always makes me save right after the season ends
Ooh! I know this one!

1) Do NOT save after the season ends. Say no.

2) Proceed to the "players leaving" stage. Do your business.

3) Advance to whatever stage is IMMEDIATELY AFTER player changes. Doing this will prompt it to ask if you want to save the draft class. If you don't get this prompt, you have done one of the following (wrong) things:

3a) You ignored step 1.

3b) You ignored step 2.

3c) You ignored step 3.

Ignoring step 3 is really easy if you are the kind of player who sims the offseason. You can't skip ahead another week or so. You have to go straight to the first thing after players leaving. After that, you can sim the whole offseason if you want.

Hope that helps!

# 120 PLACT15 @ 09/29/11 09:30 PM
Actinguy1- thanks sir!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.