Home
NBA 2K12 News Post

If you can't view the embedded video, click here.

CP3, Wade, LeBron, Melo, and Blake Griffin

vs.

Rose, Kobe, Rudy Gay, Dirk, and STAT

Game: NBA 2K12Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 102 - View All
NBA 2K12 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 NINJAK2 @ 09/29/11 03:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthBeach

NBA 2K12 Blacktop video

CP3, Wade, LeBron, Melo, and Blake Griffin

vs.

Rose, Kobe, Rudy Gay, Dirk, and STAT
Thanks for posting. I like the crowd ambiance(sp?) on the playground but they really should have gave the crowd some animations. It really looks lame with the crowd cheering but the crowd looking like they got lobotomized

# 2 SouthBeach @ 09/29/11 03:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NINJAK2
Thanks for posting. I like the crowd ambiance(sp?) on the playground but they really should have gave the crowd some animations. It really looks lame with the crowd cheering but the crowd looking like they got lobotomized
Hahahaha, I agree.

I wonder if it'll feel like Rucker Park if you hit a game winner. Hmm.

I guess I'll find out this weekend or next week some time.

# 3 NowAndLaterCARZ @ 09/29/11 03:31 AM
pretty cool video. but now i'm convinced they didn't get rid of crew if they kept blacktop. DLC dont let me down

# 4 SpSoloSr @ 09/29/11 05:13 AM
Definitely a vast improvement over last years installment. That whole "midnight-helicopter" atmosphere was not cuttin it. Also agree that the crowd needed some animations, but all in all, I won't be complaining.

Does anyone know if 2K has maintained the "And-1" moves from their past games? I always loved trying to make guys fall with that and it was an aspect of Blacktop that I thought kept it unique...

# 5 Noof @ 09/29/11 06:27 AM
It would be pretty cool if we had the option to play with the shortened 3 point line. Can we do that or is it just for show?

# 6 1WEiRDguy @ 09/29/11 08:36 AM
soooo...no crew???

# 7 coop15 @ 09/29/11 08:39 AM
Is There Going to be a crew mode if not that could mess up purchase

# 8 NoTiCe_O @ 09/29/11 09:43 AM
Are there MyPlayer Pick up games, I care about Crew games but... Is there still MyPlayer Pick-Up games??

2k i know you wouldn't add all this stuff to the game and then take out Crew and Pick up Games, the thing that kept me playing the game for the most part.

# 9 Paul Pierce_OS @ 09/29/11 09:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoTiCe_O
Are there MyPlayer Pick up games, I care about Crew games but... Is there still MyPlayer Pick-Up games??

2k i know you wouldn't add all this stuff to the game and then take out Crew and Pick up Games, the thing that kept me playing the game for the most part.

# 10 jeebs9 @ 09/29/11 09:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpSoloSr
Definitely a vast improvement over last years installment. That whole "midnight-helicopter" atmosphere was not cuttin it. Also agree that the crowd needed some animations, but all in all, I won't be complaining.

Does anyone know if 2K has maintained the "And-1" moves from their past games? I always loved trying to make guys fall with that and it was an aspect of Blacktop that I thought kept it unique...
Yea one of my favorite things they took out last year. But one of the worst things they had last year was the spot light. It was so stupid.

But I love playing 21 with a group of friends. I remember back in the day we use to play up to 6 people on the court. That was really fun!

# 11 jaosming @ 09/29/11 10:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpSoloSr

Unfortunately, it looks like its only 5v5 and its only that Rucker court. The crowd noise is "neutral" but the animations only root for the home team.

I say its only 5v5 cause he just selected Blacktop and it jumped right to that select player screen, no 1v1, 2v2, 3v3,4v4, 21 or 3pt/DC options on disc it seems. Looks like all of that is going to be exclusive to that Legend Showdown DLC that's set in Times Square.

This stinks, cause Blacktop is (was?) my favorite mode for the 1v1/2v2/3v3 games. I just hope that DLC makes it to the PC version.

# 12 jeebs9 @ 09/29/11 10:17 AM
Wait you can't go less then 5 on 5.... That was one of my favorite things to do in black top mode.

# 13 DurtySoufReppin @ 09/29/11 10:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
Yea one of my favorite things they took out last year. But one of the worst things they had last year was the spot light. It was so stupid.

But I love playing 21 with a group of friends. I remember back in the day we use to play up to 6 people on the court. That was really fun!
Only 6? We play almost 15 people sometimes lol

# 14 Kbjunior @ 09/29/11 10:24 AM
Is there more arenas to chose from or is there just one in blacktop..hopefully they have more

# 15 m1ke_nyc @ 09/29/11 10:39 AM
blacktop looks cool finally

# 16 RedmanR @ 09/29/11 10:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
Wait you can't go less then 5 on 5.... That was one of my favorite things to do in black top mode.
Not being able to select different courts or only play 5 on 5 in Black Top Mode is somewhat of a blow to me. It's not a game killer nor. . . am I too fond of the atmosphere in this video. Everyone standing throughout entire game, lackluster crowd noise doesn't seem to be corresponding with on court actions

It was much better with people posted up outside the fence but that's my opinion

# 17 spankdatazz22 @ 09/29/11 11:15 AM
Blacktop mode a lot more potential imo but is mostly under-utilized/overlooked. It's almost a separate game within the game and adds a ton of value to the overall package

# 18 Vni @ 09/29/11 11:20 AM
Game looks so good in motion.

Always felt like the blacktop mode was tottally abandonned by the game developpers and looked 5 years older than the game itself.

# 19 thekida @ 09/29/11 11:26 AM
Why he didn't pick KD, i do not know. He must have forgot he dropped 66 a few weeks ago.

# 20 J-H!zZl3 @ 09/29/11 11:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellow86
Love it, hope we can make it rain too
I remember the good ol' street games in NBA 2k1, 2k2, 2k3, etc. when you could choose parks like the Rucker, the Cage, Venice Beach, etc. and could change the weather. Those were the games when Iverson could do the under the legs dunk in street games..lol.

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.