Home
NCAA Football 12 News Post

Lost in the NCAA Football 12 Title Update #3 announcement, released earlier today, EA Sports and the NCAA Football 12 team have stated they are working on title update #4.

Quote:
We'd also like to announce that the team is currently working on a fourth title update and we will announce details at a later date.

Game: NCAA Football 12Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 104 - View All
NCAA Football 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 BlackBetty15 @ 10/14/11 12:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WipeOut464
That's an odd statement to make without any evidence given in support.

Not to say that it's perfectly representative of the larger consumer base, but NCAA 12's facebook page is also littered with the same kind of comments you see on OS. I imagine NCAA 13's day 1 sales will be a better indication of people's reaction to 12.
lol its true though. As much as I hate to admit it, those of us here at OS are purists when it comes to our baseball games and football games. Ouf of the milliones who own the game only a small fraction gripe about it the way we do which is why stupid things like penalty animations (PI, ball thrown away ect...) never get updated, and important things go untouched or not updated for years.

# 102 Sundown2600 @ 10/14/11 12:46 AM
Guys this game is still really good. The key is finding the right slider set and speed threshold. I've noticed that the lower the speed threshold the less player warping you see. Lower the Pass Coverage slider to under 10 for both CPU and HUM. This will cut down on the AI reaction time, which in turn will cut down on the psychic stuff. I have seen less psychic defense using a combination of low threshold and low Pass Coverage values. I can't understand how guys play on AA and Heisman with Pass Coverage at or above 50. It's insane.

I'm hoping the 4th patch can fix coach progression and the dreaded tendency bug at the very least without breaking something else. If they can fix a few more things in addition to these two I am more than happy. Would love to see them sort out the online transfer failed issue for all my ppl that love OD. Luckily for me I'm not an OD guy. I can see why they would have given up by now.

Oh...I almost forgot to ask...Hey EA. WHERE IS OUR TUNER!!!!!

# 103 Herky @ 10/14/11 09:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown2600
Guys this game is still really good. The key is finding the right slider set and speed threshold. I've noticed that the lower the speed threshold the less player warping you see. Lower the Pass Coverage slider to under 10 for both CPU and HUM. This will cut down on the AI reaction time, which in turn will cut down on the psychic stuff. I have seen less psychic defense using a combination of low threshold and low Pass Coverage values. I can't understand how guys play on AA and Heisman with Pass Coverage at or above 50. It's insane.

I'm hoping the 4th patch can fix coach progression and the dreaded tendency bug at the very least without breaking something else. If they can fix a few more things in addition to these two I am more than happy. Would love to see them sort out the online transfer failed issue for all my ppl that love OD. Luckily for me I'm not an OD guy. I can see why they would have given up by now.

I was thinking the same thing. I don't mind the game overall but we should have another tuner by now. That frustrates me.

# 104 rdubbs40 @ 10/14/11 10:14 AM
I wonder if this patch will also include the update to the EA Sports website (ya know the "ESPN style story thing")

# 105 KingV2k3 @ 10/14/11 02:23 PM
I'd like to see this patch address the inconsistency on both sides of the ball regarding the Option...

The CPU runs it well about 25% of the time, 25% of the time the D defends it well and properly...

The rest of the time SOMEBODY on O and or D is doing something unnatural and really stupid...even with edits, its a hard code mess...

Tuning CPU D logic would be nice too...

Too often they either "know" exactly what you're running or are blitzing inefficiently, leaving the seams wide open...

It can be limited by editing Coach Philosophy, to play a more balanced / less aggressive game, but some of the mismatches against spread offences are also hard code and too easy to exploit...

The old "two controller trick" would solve both issues...

As NDAlum has said, if you assign them custom playbooks based on their base scheme, you can circumvent that, but I'd prefer to not have to do that...

Overall, the above is bordering on nit picky, as Herky and Sundown2600 alluded to in their posts, sliders can weed the majority of the issues that have been beaten to death around here out...

Oh well, we shall see...

# 106 ren6175 @ 10/14/11 04:35 PM
Sorry, my post wasn't very clear. I meant that the number of people that use operation sports and post complaints about NCAA 12 is in the thousands. True I haven't counted all the negative posters, but I can say for certain that this game has sold millions of copies.

You are correct that this is all speculation and I don't have evidence. But I would bet that next year the game will again sell millions of copies regardless of whether you and the several thousand operation sports users that don't like the game buy it or not. I mean even if you want to argue my logic and say that there are 10,000 or 50,000 or 100,000 you still won't have much impact on this game's sales or EA.

Finally, I would agree that there are thousands of people that don't use operation sports that don't like the game. Absolutely, you are correct. But my GUESS (only a guess) is that the type of consumer that doesn't know about operation sports or similar websites doesn't care enough about the problems to not buy the game.

Anyway, it is fun to discuss. Like I said, I'm happy with the game. Hopefully someday the game will live up to your expectations, but you might miss out on a lot of fun between now and then.

# 107 knighthawksfan @ 10/14/11 10:29 PM
my online dynasty is broken and i can't advance anymore bring on patch number 4

# 108 Buckeye Country @ 10/14/11 11:10 PM
Sundown 2600 what threshold and slider setting are you using? That is if you don't mind sharing. I am going take your advice and lower the pass coverage settings below 10 to see if I can make the passing game more realistic.... Thanks in advance.

# 109 LionsFanNJ @ 10/14/11 11:18 PM
Hopefully they tune the runners to use their special moves more.

Also sway the pressure points from the DT's to the DE's or at least have the guys with the required ratings act accordingly. Though i'e gone ahead and dropped pass rush in my game to 20 on both sides, buti doubt anyone else wants to do that in their game.

Also please bring back giving the user the ability to "look to the sideline" on the no huddle offense.

also any Tuner would be sweet any day now.

# 110 K0ZZ @ 10/15/11 09:50 AM
Online dynasty wont be fixed by a patch. EA already said it's an issue on their end, not with the game. You don't need the patch for it to be solid. They will say when it's fixed.

# 111 TDenverFan @ 10/15/11 03:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SECElite3
Gosh... I want to play a game so bad but I am afraid of the game freezing and losing an hour of my life. I am pretty bummed.
Freezes are really pretty rare...

# 112 Buckeye Country @ 10/15/11 10:29 PM
Is EA ever going to give us an update?

# 113 BaylorBearBryant @ 10/18/11 04:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye Country
Is EA ever going to give us an update?
Also interested in some news.

# 114 AuburnAlumni @ 10/18/11 08:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SECElite3
Gosh... I want to play a game so bad but I am afraid of the game freezing and losing an hour of my life. I am pretty bummed.
Haven't had any issues. Really having some great games in the Legends League now.

# 115 Buckeye Country @ 10/18/11 10:24 PM
EA throw us a bone here. Give us an update, please.

# 116 KrisDeeze @ 10/18/11 11:14 PM
Is there any particular reason why every dynasty of mine is having a whole lot of transfer fails in the last 48 hours ? The other people in my dynasties can't do anything. Even recruit as soon as they try to exit Transfer Failed. ??? I know this is not a patch issue but is anyone else getting this ? Is there a work around to get the transfer to at least go through even when exiting the dynasty .? (annoying but still the better alternative to never being able to advance. )

# 117 Herky @ 10/19/11 11:27 AM
October 19th and still nothing.

No tuner either.

# 118 OGKing @ 10/19/11 02:12 PM
Patiently waiting. I know EA is busy working on NCAA 13..

# 119 fistofrage @ 10/19/11 02:31 PM
After playing a ton of games the 3 major things that are really holding this game back for me are....

1. AI QB just can never seem to get going. AI passing isn't a threat at all and the QB accuracy slider does little or nothing to help.

2. Fumbles....Where are they? Seen about 4 fumbles in 50+ games.

3. Penalty sliders of no consequence. Human AI team never jumps offsides, no pass interference, etc.

Fix these and whatever dynasty problems there are and the game would be decent.

# 120 talksnmaths @ 10/19/11 03:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown2600

Do you have a slider set that you use to improve the passing experience?? I finally got so frustrated today that I busted my controller office space style. That's gonna set me back, but seriously, I'd do anything to be able to pass in this game.

Thanks

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.