Home
Forza Motorsport 4 News Post

Today is the day! Post your Forza Motorsport 4 impressions here.

Game: Forza Motorsport 4Reader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: Xbox 360Votes for game: 16 - View All
Forza Motorsport 4 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 lnin0 @ 10/14/11 04:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercurial23
What's the online like? Fun game modes? Do you need to unlock nice cars offline to use them online? I'm considering getting it but I don't want to be a huge disadvantage if I want to jump straight into some online stuff.
Online has always been Forza's strength. The game offers something for everyone from the hard core to the casual to the drifters. You can jump in pre-configured hoppers (vote driven) or public/private races (host driven) along with a new feature called Rivals.

Rivals is not on online race but is a really fantastic addition worth mentioning. It is more of a super advance leaderboard system for a bunch of custom events. It pits you against your nearest friend's ghost (or nearest player if you don't have a friend who has done the event). You put your best time or drift score up against them and the game keeps everyone up to date with an in-game message center.

This year the online field is expanded to 16 cars which is just insane. You can also have up to 11 ai drivers as part of your 16 car field. There is a slew of host options for online races in host controlled rooms. You can setup everything from a multiclass race to a game of cat&mouse. Not only does the host have a ton of race options but they can also restrict just about any other assist or car setting as well.

Online you can choose from cars in your garage, your clubs garage or any stock car from the game. In many races a tuned car from your garage is going to be a slight advantage just because it can be as close to the class cut off as possible. That is not to say you cannot be competitive in a stock car but it is best to take the stock cars that are at the upper end of each class. You can also enter races where stock is a forced option so everyone is on equal terms.

Have a look about half way down this page and you can find some details about Monthly Rivals and the Turn10 Race Hoppers: http://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/wir_10-7/

# 62 TheDutchDad @ 10/14/11 04:31 PM
Thanks for the response. That's what I was looking for. I just want to be able to have some fun online in some fun game modes along with racing. I hear there is a "soccer' mode or something. Cat and Mouse is was always fun too.

# 63 Tomba @ 10/14/11 10:41 PM
Oh MY Gosh this games brilliant

So for fun i decided to just gun at a rail and see the damage. Im in Spain and theres pit crew there just standing and when i do this they react like "what this guys doin"?"Brilliant...This game has great moments in it where youd least expect them

# 64 CX1329 @ 10/14/11 10:49 PM
I'm enjoying the variety in AI opponents. Some like to race clean and others will outright attempt to ram you off the track, and whereas some will just let you pass them, others will defend their position more aggressively.

Personally, I always strive to race as cleanly as possible, but I'm not afraid to get rough with AI drivers who play dirty.

# 65 Romain El 82 @ 10/15/11 02:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WinstonWolf
I love the game.

My only complaint is I wish they more of the late model muscle cars like the new 5.0 Mustang, the new Boss Mustang, the 6.4L Challenger & Charger, and the Camaro ZL1.

Since I'm nearly the last person on Earth that likes American cars I'm probably the only person that feels that way.
Me too bud, me too!

# 66 bkfount @ 10/15/11 11:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KSUowls

Minor annoyances:
-When you upgrade your driver level and receive a new gift car, it does not tell you anything about the car other than what class it is in, if it is mid-engine or not and if it is AWD/RWD/FWD...I really wish it gave you tech specs at this screen as well as how much each car would cost to buy.
yeah, people have already made lists of the reward cars and how much each costs. It's important info if you're going for some achievements, since some of the reward cars are worth millions. Level 30 gives you a choice of a $9 million dollar Ferarri or $5 million dollar shelby, which would be great to know.

# 67 SinisterAlex @ 10/15/11 04:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by goh
That dude in autovista is just hateful.
That's good ol' Jeremy Clarkson for ya

# 68 spicy @ 10/16/11 05:37 AM
New user here, big time racer though. Not much I can say that hasn't been said already though.

If you think it's easy, wait til you hit level 35 and up. Rossi ends up returning, worse than before.

Also, for anyone wondering about the ms speed wheel. It is a great mix of a wheel and regular controller. I would almost say it is just a 360 controller with the ps3 sixaxis tech built in, shaped like a u. Response in great, advanced settings for it, for sensitivity and dead zones is great, and the feel of the controller is amazing. Put the steering to simulation, and climb into a high hp rwd car, and have fun trying to keep her straight. It's a damn great controller option of the price.

I have a ms wireless wheel, as well as a playseat with a fanatec wheel, and gotta say, it's my favorite of them all. Only down sides are it takes regular batteries only (2 AA), it doesn't have a plug for a wired headset, so u can only use wireless headsets, and it's missing RB and LB buttons.

I will check this thread often if others have questions, so feel free to ask. I really think if you are a forza fan, a car fan, or a racing game fan you should give the speed wheel a few hours of your time.

# 69 burnwood @ 10/16/11 01:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spicy
I have a ms wireless wheel, as well as a playseat with a fanatec wheel, and gotta say, it's my favorite of them all. Only down sides are it takes regular batteries only (2 AA), it doesn't have a plug for a wired headset, so u can only use wireless headsets, and it's missing RB and LB buttons.
I'm assuming you are talking about the Fanatec wheel. If so, buy rechargeables.

# 70 jenglund @ 10/16/11 11:43 PM
It's an evolution from Forza 3, but what a fun evolution. I'm only at level 7 or something, but I bought the Olds 442 since my dad is big into cars and is currently restoring one and have been using that in the early races.

I showed him the game and raced the Olds for him and he was like "Wow, that looks like the dash..." and asked him if the engine sound was accurate, and he said, "Yeah, that's pretty much how it sounds."

What I love is how well they seemed to model the power of the car. You can't just floor it coming out of a turn or that back end will come around. But it was really easy to race some of the less powerful cars.

I think this will be a racing game that I actually get close to finishing.

# 71 spicy @ 10/17/11 12:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by burnwood
I'm assuming you are talking about the Fanatec wheel. If so, buy rechargeables.
I was talking about the Speed Wheel. but yes, of course i know to buy rechargeables. for both wheels. lol.

# 72 burnwood @ 10/17/11 02:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by goh
I hate this storefront thing. Can't get tuning help no more. "Go buy it!" Can't because I'm not paying for XBL Gold. Any sites with tuning settings?
I used this for Forza 3. http://forzatune.com/
It's almost done for FM4.

# 73 mattsb84 @ 10/17/11 01:56 PM
For those of you transferring your Forza 3 account to Forza 4;

What are the benefits? From what I've read it's based on level and which cars you have in your garage, not completion of the game, is that correct? For those who transferred level 50 accounts over, what did you get?

# 74 lnin0 @ 10/17/11 07:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattsb84
For those of you transferring your Forza 3 account to Forza 4;

What are the benefits? From what I've read it's based on level and which cars you have in your garage, not completion of the game, is that correct? For those who transferred level 50 accounts over, what did you get?
list can be found here.

http://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/underthehood2/

# 75 Klocker @ 10/18/11 02:02 PM
so beyond the obvious shortcomings (no LB/RB) and low rumble, what is the consensus on the MS Speed Wheel? Better control than controller? Tiring to hold? etc

thanks!

# 76 jyoung @ 10/18/11 04:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyros
First sim racing game. I got my Chevy affinity level up to four, went and bought an Impala, and then proceed to max out all the upgrades including slap a turbo charger on there. Now all I do is sit there and listen to the engine idle. I love the sound of power.
Wanna' be a baller
shot caller, 20-inch blades
on the Impala

# 77 jyoung @ 10/18/11 04:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
What is the maximum number of cars that can be in an offline race? And if you play 2 player is there any AI cars racing against you.

Thanks.
2-player split-screen is supported.

If you do split-screen, you can only add 2 more AI racers to the track.

# 78 lnin0 @ 10/18/11 06:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by goh
Was everyone forced into an A class Chevy trackday for race 3 in the masters division? It was the only option no matter how many cars I switched to.
usually I have 3 choices and can kind of manipulate them but I think that race was only a choice of two - Chevy or Dodge. No way to change it.

# 79 CM Hooe @ 10/19/11 07:55 PM
So I just bought a car on the auction house but did not receive a car.

Granted, I only spent 7k, but it's the principle of the matter, I should have an 08 Viper in my garage now.

# 80 Cyros @ 10/19/11 08:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHooe
So I just bought a car on the auction house but did not receive a car.

Granted, I only spent 7k, but it's the principle of the matter, I should have an 08 Viper in my garage now.
You have to finalize the auction.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.