Home
Madden 12 News Post

Madden NFL 12 title update #2 is available now for the PS3. Please post your impressions here.

If you still haven't seen the Madden NFL 12 title update #2 details, click here.

Game: Madden NFL 12Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 44 - View All
Madden NFL 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 181 mrsaito @ 10/19/11 05:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkra0512
Nothing new to report, but I played the Chiefs at home with my Bills and there was no rain. Before the patch, it always rained. My next item to look for in this patch is better looking fields at Ralph Wilson Stadium. The parts of the field that are shaded had the black splotches...hopefully, that is cleaned up in this patch.
The Ralph field looks good now. I'm almost afraid to ask but is there a *realistic* amount of rain now? All I've heard so far are reports of no rain.

# 182 LionsFanNJ @ 10/19/11 05:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCNNJ
Why should we have to do that? EA is a joke! Millions scratch up $60 to be treated like crap! They sit on their rear-ends and don't care because they know millions will buy Madden regardless! We have to wait for patches from these "geniuses"? They don't have any pressure! When will the NFL remove the exclusive rights from ea?
Never. your football video gaming is at an end. Later.

# 183 LionsFanNJ @ 10/19/11 05:59 PM
After playing a few games the crowd noise was really noticeable and accurate to what's happening on the field. My first pre season game with the Lions and I broke one with Best and the crowd was going nuts as he broke into the open.

I think that's what they meant when the audio was tuned. Also, loving the fields now that the graphical issues are gone.

# 184 moose616 @ 10/19/11 07:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsaito
The Ralph field looks good now. I'm almost afraid to ask but is there a *realistic* amount of rain now? All I've heard so far are reports of no rain.
They still haven't fixed the endzones at the Ralph. Still not blue.

# 185 Armor and Sword @ 10/19/11 09:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LionsFanNJ
Never. your football video gaming is at an end. Later.

I got a nice chuckle from your response.

# 186 sixonenine @ 10/19/11 09:52 PM
Very disappointing that the shoulder pad glitch wasn't fixed...why even put that option in the game if it doesn't work? Am I missing something?...that's the only reason I buy both games, I contributed $120 to the madness! Sorry guys...

# 187 bigsmallwood @ 10/19/11 10:45 PM
The special teams blocking is still bad, the replays are still blocked by play call screen and the commentary is still horrendous...

The things that were supposed to be "patched" are not changing the dynamic of the gameplay/presentations...still no immersion

# 188 Foo4Everlong @ 10/19/11 11:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ross6655
yeah, when it takes to the game settings after you select the teams, switch 'game presentation' to breast cancer awareness should work.
Unfortunately, it's not there. I realize u can use BCAM mode in Franchise and during online games but I am looking to play this mode in Exhibition. If anyone has an answer to get it to work offline in Exhibition it would be greatly appreciated, otherwise I guess I need to start a Franchise. The modes available right now in Exhibition Mode are Super Bowl and Holidays and that's it. Last year after the second patch update EA included Breast Cancer Awareness Month as an extra mode in Exhibition. I am surprised they didn't add it with the recent patch. Oh well, again any help would be great! Thanks. Later

# 189 Blazer81 @ 10/20/11 01:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABR173rd
The pads issue I can understand, the new addition of being able to edit players, yet we can't edit height, weight, color ect, I can understand being mad about that to. Using an imported draft class and being upset because a white guy ends up being black I don't understand how you can blame EA for that.

The premise was they would give us randomized draft classes and ensure all draft classes now have real life player photos. They made this addition so eight seasons into the game the majority of players don't have blank player portraits. This was also an addition the community has been asking for.

EA can't help that your imported draft class happened to end up with a black players picture instead of a white guys. If you want to go even further, even it was a white guys picture the guy still wouldn't look like Andrew Luck. Then you would be complaining that all the players you import from NCAA don't look exactly like they do in real life...... Aside from that with college players already having issues over player likeness, can you imagine what would happen if the imported draft class portraits came close to resembling the actual players?
Great point- (applauding)

# 190 IDaCoolGuy @ 10/20/11 04:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman5607
The Bucs helmets look nearly black. haha
Is this true for everyone? Can a few others confirm or deny? I'm at work and can't check. Thanks guys.

# 191 A Brisk Breeze @ 10/20/11 06:28 PM
Hey people. I'm actually love this game this year, I do have my own gripes, but the one thing that has bothered me the most has been the god awful commentary "Mark Herzlich" being called "Mark Ingram", and the NON-Stop Rain in every franchise game I've played. I've recently downloaded the patch, and still have rain in every franchise game I play with the Giants, I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem? or know what I can do if anything to fix this? I do like the fact that they fixed the field issue.

# 192 sheed2000 @ 10/20/11 07:13 PM
Is there any way that i can get the update without being connected online.. i'm currently deployed in afghan right now and cannot connect my ps3 to the internet.. i was able to get the updated roster from a previous thread on the site. thanks in advance.

# 193 rudyjuly2 @ 10/21/11 06:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by billsmafia13
Somewhere in this thread there is a link where you can download the update.
I don't think that is possible. Patches need to be installed through the game and a direct link to the internet on your console.

# 194 mrsaito @ 10/21/11 11:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by moose616
They still haven't fixed the endzones at the Ralph. Still not blue.
Agreed but they finally got the sun angle right. Until this year the light/shadows came from what would be the north side of Ralph Wilson stadium. Now it's the south (although it wasn't part of this patch).

# 195 Super_Saxy @ 10/21/11 03:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by T5063
Can anyone confirm if these names get called instead of numbers by Gus/Chris:

RB LaGarret Blount - Buccaneers
QB Tim Tebow - Broncos
WR Calvin Johnson Jr. - Lions
WR Wes Welker - Patriots
RB Green-Ellis - Patriots
RB Woodhead - Patriots
QB Mallet - Patriots.
Can anyone comment on this?

# 196 brahmagoul @ 10/21/11 07:54 PM
I've definitely heard Gus Johnson refer to "Timmy" Tebow in my existing franchise (post patch) today.

# 197 strife1013 @ 10/22/11 12:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super_Saxy
Can anyone comment on this?
I'll let you know about the Patriots, I will start playing with them tomorrow.

# 198 cgalligan @ 10/22/11 05:50 AM
For some reason it seems extrememly hard to stop the run now...

I know there weren't any changes to gameplay, but, I can't stop the run to save my life now...

# 199 docolla @ 10/22/11 09:48 AM
I agree, something changed in the run game after the patch. I thinks it's kinda nice though.

# 200 raneman85 @ 10/22/11 12:56 PM
I know this wasn't alleged to be addressed in the patch, but for the first time REs in two games got 2 and 3 sacks while I controlled other defensive players. I still have yet to be sacked by a RE... Started 4 Pittsburgh franchises to test rain. In preseason home game vs Philly and week 1 in Baltimore all 4 franchise games had rain. So maybe certain games are rain programmed. Definitely is less rain in games.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.