Home
NBA 2K12 News Post

If you can't view the embedded video, click here.

Game: NBA 2K12Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 102 - View All
NBA 2K12 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Rawdeal28 @ 10/18/11 01:26 PM
excellent vid playa!

you the man, Czar!

# 2 Sovartus @ 10/18/11 02:01 PM
Good stuff Czar. I would only add tapping the RT for speed bursts instead of using it to catch up when trying to get to the intersect points so you don't over shoot. Also adding a certain amount of Defensive assist online to account for the lag delay that compliments your defensive stick skills.

# 3 TombSong @ 10/18/11 02:02 PM
Czar, I can't state enough how much these videos are appreciated. Thanks a lot for all the stuff you do for us.

# 4 spankdatazz22 @ 10/18/11 02:07 PM
GREAT stuff Czar. Should be required viewing, def needs to be stickied

# 5 Chairman7w @ 10/18/11 02:08 PM
As always, informative and entertaining. Thanks Czar

# 6 jersez @ 10/18/11 03:48 PM
sticky this please, saw some new things in there.

# 7 Kingofthecouch @ 10/18/11 03:52 PM
Good ish as usual Czar, Thanks for taking the time.

# 8 ffaacc03 @ 10/18/11 04:10 PM
Dont know how you do it but with each new itineration I become more and more impressed ... beyond all the usefull info that is illustrated through the videos, the most important thing that they do, is to show me that it can be done ! ... so, if you can, so shall I too ... yet with practice, lots of practice ... hehe.

Thanks !

# 9 Pared @ 10/18/11 04:27 PM
Great video Czar.

The only problem I seem to have is triggering the contest while recovering. A few issues regarding this:

-The contest doesn't always occur. You can't recover (for example, in the video at 5:25) and get a "real" contest. Seems like you have to be right in front of the player.
-The contest occurs but if you move the RS >ever so slightly< you will "break" the contest and your player will just stand there.
-I commit an intentional foul

I'm trying to chalk these up to user error but I've experimented on wide variety of scenarios and the only thing consistent is the inconsistency.

I'll add this is MOSTLY online... which seems to require a different approach.

# 10 ronglengco @ 10/18/11 04:27 PM
Gas going to the store to buy NBA 2k12...$20
Money handed over to the robotic Gamestop personnel to buy the game...$65
Learning the intricacies of NBA 2k12...PRICELESS!!!

# 11 dmoney219 @ 10/18/11 04:32 PM
Great Vid Czar

# 12 Da_Czar @ 10/18/11 05:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
Great video Czar.

The only problem I seem to have is triggering the contest while recovering. A few issues regarding this:

-The contest doesn't always occur. You can't recover (for example, in the video at 5:25) and get a "real" contest. Seems like you have to be right in front of the player.
-The contest occurs but if you move the RS >ever so slightly< you will "break" the contest and your player will just stand there.

I'm trying to chalk these up to user error but I've experimented on wide variety of scenarios and the only thing consistent is the inconsistency.

I think your 100 percent on that Pared some of the contests on move don't seem to trigger all the time. What i think I have seen though it that even though I can't see visually an animation depending on my floor position the cpu's shot grade seemed to be as low as if the contest played visually. I wonder if it's taking effect but just not showing us ?

That is just a theory based on seeing some unusually low grades based on not seeing the contest but knowing I hit the button. I have seen the same thing when doing an aggressive contest close to the offense.

Regardless it needs to give us the visual cue that what we entered has taken effect. I have reported that to the defense guys and I hope it is something they can turn on in time for a patch. Have no idea if it is that simple.

As a defender we need that consistency

# 13 tcnumba10 @ 10/18/11 05:30 PM
Hey Czar, just wondering what Difficulty Setting are you playing on?

Also, have you noticed the excessive bumping between the defender and the ball-handler? I can use Calderon to guard Rose perfectly since I can bump Rose with my body back out to the perimeter. In real-life it would probably be called a foul if that happened.

I would also like to see more of that snaking/sliding animation where the ball handler slips by the defender's body as he drive past him...

# 14 Vast @ 10/18/11 06:54 PM
Thanks Czar, invaluable information in your vids as usual. I can't wait to show these vids to my boy so he can step his game up!

# 15 youvalss @ 10/18/11 08:30 PM
I learn a lot from these videos. Czar, you should write the next 2K's manual (not the PDF, but the one that comes with the game), or at least have some "Czar Tips" in it.

# 16 ffaacc03 @ 10/18/11 08:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
Great video Czar.

I agree, thus it happens to me on both, offline and online.

To me, it seems that if you contest from an angle and not strictly straight in front of the shooter, the chances of affecting the shot are minimum to none. Even if the angle is slightly. With or without animation.

I also agree that there is some inconsistency to trigger the contest and the hands up animation, even to keep it ... and once in online, the experience gets more frustrating due to the noticeable lag.

Having said that, I need tons of practice.

# 17 Sundown @ 10/18/11 08:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
Regardless it needs to give us the visual cue that what we entered has taken effect. I have reported that to the defense guys and I hope it is something they can turn on in time for a patch. Have no idea if it is that simple.

As a defender we need that consistency
Speaking of inconsistent visual cues on contests, do you know why sometimes players will refuse to commit to a block even after we've pressed Y? I know sometimes it's because it's a late contest, but it doesn't feel right that we can't get a hand up to block/contest just because we're a hair late. If I'm turboing towards a perimeter shooter and mash Y, I better see some sort of flying block attempt regardless of timing or other factors. I don't see the advantage of the AI deciding not to commit when the shot is clearly going up.

Is it just simulating players knowing they're not going to make it in time and saving a little energy? Is it a two-man animation you get sucked into when you're late? Does it animate that way so your player doesn't look ridiculous jumping at a shot that's already past his head? If any of these is the case, I think the tolerance for lateness should be increased so it doesn't feel like the AI is overriding our input for no good reason.

# 18 DJ @ 10/18/11 09:35 PM
Thanks as always for the knowledge, Czar.

# 19 domidomdomz @ 10/18/11 11:17 PM
Great informative vid. Appreciate all your efforts, Czar!

# 20 kolanji @ 10/19/11 12:01 AM
mein these videos keep makeing 2k12 more and more convincving of the best sports game ever i am officially convinced of the greatnest of nba 2k12 VC take a bow......mission accomplished

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.