Home
WWE '12 News Post

IGN has posted some WWE '12 story mode details.

Quote:
The story mode is split into three acts, each focusing on a different superstar who occupies a different "role" within the company. For example the first act features Sheamus, who occupies the role of a villain. Playing as the so-called Celtic Warrior, you'll crush the good guys and generally wreck havoc on the WWE until you reach the second arc focusing on a "hero" superstar, Triple H. What's most remarkable about these arcs is how THQ transitions between the two. Your run with Sheamus will literally be interrupted as Triple H ambushes him, getting revenge after an injury at the hands of the bad guy months earlier. Playing through the second arc will lead you to the most customizable portion of the single-player storyline - the third and final act allows you to select or create a custom superstar, who will run through an "outsider" storyline.

Game: WWE '12Hype Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 26 - View All
WWE '12 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 toine2983 @ 10/18/11 01:44 PM
Looks like WWE 12 is mimicing what Mortal Kombat did with there story mode in RTWM. Hopefully it's as entertaining as Mortal Kombat's was.

I wonder if Extreme Gamer had a chance to play this mode?

# 2 The GIGGAS @ 10/18/11 01:53 PM
OOOoooh, I like the sound of this.

# 3 ExtremeGamer @ 10/18/11 01:58 PM
I have, and I played it for a LOOONG Time, including beating it

Ask away minions!

# 4 The GIGGAS @ 10/18/11 01:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeGamer
I have, and I played it for a LOOONG Time, including beating it

Ask away minions!
Is the story well done?

# 5 ExtremeGamer @ 10/18/11 02:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The GIGGAS
Is the story well done?
Ridicously well done, I only wish that WWE would hire the THQ writers who wrote this. I actually sat down with John (who wrote most of the story) and discussed parts of it.

The "Villian" part has some AWESOME sequences in it, as does the 3rd "Invasion" arc.

# 6 The GIGGAS @ 10/18/11 02:03 PM
Quote:
Ridicously well done, I only wish that WWE would hire the THQ writers who wrote this. I actually sat down with John (who wrote most of the story) and discussed parts of it.

The "Villian" part has some AWESOME sequences in it, as does the 3rd "Invasion" arc.
****, man, that sounds terrific.

# 7 ExtremeGamer @ 10/18/11 02:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The GIGGAS
****, man, that sounds terrific.
The first time we played it, the opening with Sheamus has 2 scenes that everyone in the room jumped up and down about.

I mean, truly e-pic stuff.

Loved that it's all one giant 18 month story instead of 5 mini-stories. Lots of ups and downs in the 18 months, and it takes about 10 hours or so to complete.

# 8 The GIGGAS @ 10/18/11 02:18 PM
Quote:
The first time we played it, the opening with Sheamus has 2 scenes that everyone in the room jumped up and down about.

I mean, truly e-pic stuff.

Loved that it's all one giant 18 month story instead of 5 mini-stories. Lots of ups and downs in the 18 months, and it takes about 10 hours or so to complete.
Just cemented it and preordered.

# 9 sportznut02 @ 10/18/11 02:38 PM
Sorry this is off topic EG do you think THQ will end up making another All Stars or Legends of Wrestlemania game?

# 10 justblaze09 @ 10/18/11 02:51 PM
Clearly I will just wait on a well-done

Spoiler

CAW to knock the mode out

# 11 ExtremeGamer @ 10/18/11 03:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportznut02
Sorry this is off topic EG do you think THQ will end up making another All Stars or Legends of Wrestlemania game?
From what I've been told another All-Stars game is a go. Who knows when.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 12 Molarmite @ 10/18/11 03:35 PM
Are any parts of the story branchable based on whether you win or lose or based on actions you decide to do?

# 13 Dbrentonbuck @ 10/18/11 05:15 PM
That is the real issue with this mode... what if you simply don't like Sheamus or HHH, you are stuck playing as them for 3.5 hours each just to unlock stuff you want. Its a risky move and I am surprised those two were the guys selected. I think it probably had a lot more to do with schedules to do voice over than anything else.

I don't mind playing as Sheamus that much, but I am already dreading playing as HHH who I find an absolute bore. I hate his moveset, I hate his voice, I really hate that he spits water, I hate to even look at him. Yet, I am stuck playing with him.

That seems like a really limited mode. Also, it doesn't sound like there are branching story lines, so there is no reason to ever play this mode more than once.

# 14 Streets @ 10/18/11 06:26 PM
Thanks EG.

RTWM is a "whatever" mode for me. However, I can't wait until you can disclose information about Universe 2.0. That is my bread and butter and the reason I'm looking forward to this game!

# 15 Gramps91 @ 10/18/11 06:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbrentonbuck
That is the real issue with this mode... what if you simply don't like Sheamus or HHH, you are stuck playing as them for 3.5 hours each just to unlock stuff you want. Its a risky move and I am surprised those two were the guys selected. I think it probably had a lot more to do with schedules to do voice over than anything else.

I don't mind playing as Sheamus that much, but I am already dreading playing as HHH who I find an absolute bore. I hate his moveset, I hate his voice, I really hate that he spits water, I hate to even look at him. Yet, I am stuck playing with him.

That seems like a really limited mode. Also, it doesn't sound like there are branching story lines, so there is no reason to ever play this mode more than once.
Yea I'm in the same boat as you man. I don't really like either. I find Sheamus a bore and haven't liked HHH since Evolution days. I do look forward to playing the parts as my CAW but the rest not so much. However, I do LOVE the fact that it's going to be one 18 month story instead of 6 shorter stories like the past few years. I think it will also have quite a few options from the way it sounds to make it have different paths. I still just wish though you could create a character and play the entire 18 months with that one character.

# 16 Jukeman @ 10/18/11 06:36 PM
looks like I'll be playing story for the first time in a long time..

A stable of Wade, Regal, Drew and Sheamas? That was my idea lol

# 17 Gramps91 @ 10/18/11 06:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eaterofworlds888
Yea I'm in the same boat as you man. I don't really like either. I find Sheamus a bore and haven't liked HHH since Evolution days. I do look forward to playing the parts as my CAW but the rest not so much. However, I do LOVE the fact that it's going to be one 18 month story instead of 6 shorter stories like the past few years. I think it will also have quite a few options from the way it sounds to make it have different paths. I still just wish though you could create a character and play the entire 18 months with that one character.
If the story is good though I'll pretty much play through anything with anybody. Just hope it's entertaining

# 18 adembroski @ 10/18/11 07:00 PM
HUGE Sheamus fan myself, hope I don't lost interest after his segment...

NOW... GIMME UNIVERSE INFO! :P

# 19 ExtremeGamer @ 10/18/11 07:31 PM
One bit of info, you can make your CAW look however you want in RTWM, BUT (and I wasn't a big fan of this), he's always named Jacob Cass. It's because of using real voice overs (another thing I expressed I'm not a fan of and would rather have text).

# 20 Jukeman @ 10/18/11 07:49 PM
Welp...

Guess Austin Aries will make his WWE debut with a new name.

Sent from my HumancentiPad using Tapatalk

« Previous123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.