Home
WWE '12 News Post

IGN has posted some WWE '12 story mode details.

Quote:
The story mode is split into three acts, each focusing on a different superstar who occupies a different "role" within the company. For example the first act features Sheamus, who occupies the role of a villain. Playing as the so-called Celtic Warrior, you'll crush the good guys and generally wreck havoc on the WWE until you reach the second arc focusing on a "hero" superstar, Triple H. What's most remarkable about these arcs is how THQ transitions between the two. Your run with Sheamus will literally be interrupted as Triple H ambushes him, getting revenge after an injury at the hands of the bad guy months earlier. Playing through the second arc will lead you to the most customizable portion of the single-player storyline - the third and final act allows you to select or create a custom superstar, who will run through an "outsider" storyline.

Game: WWE '12Hype Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 26 - View All
WWE '12 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 statum71 @ 10/18/11 08:12 PM
I'm looking for Universe 2.0 news. Wasn't it supposed to be today also??

According to this:
http://smacktalks.org/news/article.php?article=4488

# 22 statum71 @ 10/18/11 08:41 PM

# 23 cdub71323 @ 10/18/11 09:37 PM
Definitely lost my 60 bucks with this. Sheamus bugs the hell out of me, HHH is rarely used anymore and always having your name as Jacob Cass just annoys me.

And like the article said, Universe is just too boring for me. If the whole 18 months was with your CAW, I would enjoy that a lot more. Too many things in that article led me more and more away from the game.

Sorry THQ

# 24 statum71 @ 10/19/11 01:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by goh
Well it's 12:30 am wensday in the east. Have at it EG.
For real.

# 25 PantherBeast_OS @ 10/19/11 07:16 AM
Extreme I agree that the 18 month long RTWM is much better then the 5 mini ones. I'm looking forward to going through it and see how it ends. I think the game it turning out to be very good this year compared to years past.

# 26 swiftychampleone @ 10/19/11 10:22 AM
I miss how SD 2 and SYM's story mode was in the older games. I love the direction THQ is taking with the Story Mode now. However, I don't like the limitation of playing with Sheamus and HHH. What was THQ smoking that caused them to think that everyone would want to use these two and have "Jacob Cass" as your CAW's name for the mode.

# 27 ExtremeGamer @ 10/19/11 10:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftychampleone
I miss how SD 2 and SYM's story mode was in the older games. I love the direction THQ is taking with the Story Mode now. However, I don't like the limitation of playing with Sheamus and HHH. What was THQ smoking that caused them to think that everyone would want to use these two and have "Jacob Cass" as your CAW's name for the mode.
You use Sheamus, HHH and Jacob Cass.

The limitation is on voice acting, nothing more. That's why your guy is named Jacob Cass. He goes through NXT and then becomes a superstar, otherwise it would sound goofy the whole time if it's "This guy" or "Mongo" something or other.

Trust me, I'm not a fan of the CAW named part, we expressed that. BTW, CASS is for... Create a SuperStar. LOL

The Sheamus storyline and the Cass ones are absoultely awesome though, you won't mind using them, trust me. We marked out over and over again over the Sheamus story.

# 28 Gramps91 @ 10/19/11 10:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeGamer
You use Sheamus, HHH and Jacob Cass.

The limitation is on voice acting, nothing more. That's why your guy is named Jacob Cass. He goes through NXT and then becomes a superstar, otherwise it would sound goofy the whole time if it's "This guy" or "Mongo" something or other.

Trust me, I'm not a fan of the CAW named part, we expressed that. BTW, CASS is for... Create a SuperStar. LOL

The Sheamus storyline and the Cass ones are absoultely awesome though, you won't mind using them, trust me. We marked out over and over again over the Sheamus story.
Well that sounds awesome. Like I said before I'm not a huge Sheamus fan but if it's that good then I'm looking forward to it.

# 29 ExtremeGamer @ 10/19/11 10:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eaterofworlds888
Well that sounds awesome. Like I said before I'm not a huge Sheamus fan but if it's that good then I'm looking forward to it.
Sheamus does nothing for me, but the story is written so well. It's that damn entertaining.

Wish though they didn't give away it was Sheamus... you have to see the intro to see why. Everyone on OS will love it. LOVE IT

# 30 OSUFan_88 @ 10/19/11 10:58 AM
Sheamus story line?

Sold.

After you beat the Sheamus story line, do you get unlockable costumes? Like, say...

Spoiler

# 31 ExtremeGamer @ 10/19/11 10:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUFan_88
Sheamus story line?

Sold.

After you beat the Sheamus story line, do you get unlockable costumes? Like, say...

Spoiler
LMAO, that would rule.

# 32 The GIGGAS @ 10/19/11 10:59 AM
Quote:
Sheamus story line?

Sold.

Spoiler
So.

Much.

Win.

# 33 JeterFan02 @ 10/19/11 11:19 AM
Quote:
Sheamus story line?

Sold.

Spoiler

AHAHAHAHAAAAA That made my day!

Now when his song hits I'll probably always hear this.

# 34 swiftychampleone @ 10/19/11 11:54 AM
Damn you EG, because I'm old-school and I'm sucker for well-written stories! :-) Hopefully they'll allow more use of your CASS in WWE '13. When the game drops to $30 in 2012, I'll definitely grab it.

My issue with last game is that those repetitive and boring backstage fights to level up your character in SvR 11 for RTWM. Are there alternatives to level up now?

# 35 dourvas @ 10/19/11 12:08 PM
hey bro thanks for taking time to answer us.. i got some questions as well

1.THis is a SOS question : is the AI any better?are the matches actually challenging this time? i know its not about universe but i plead you to answer since this is my main concern(btw did you play on legend diffuculty level?)

2.any nxt modes?

3.anything completely new at universe except tweeked stuff? i know about draft but what else?

thank you

# 36 Aggies7 @ 10/19/11 02:35 PM
Looks good but maybe I am a little behind. Is Nash in the game. It shows him in the IGN movie.

# 37 OGKing @ 10/19/11 03:40 PM
Well, I'm a bit behind because i barley started playing 11', this looks pretty good, I'll pick it up on the first day.

# 38 toine2983 @ 10/19/11 03:41 PM
Came across this WWE '12 RTWM video.

It contains spoilers so watch at your own risk.

I did enjoy it though.

# 39 truintellectplaya @ 10/19/11 07:07 PM
To the makers of this game. Wake me up when you decide to add online GM where I can go and make my own leagues where my friends can join and we fight for belts, make our own pay per views, etc. How hard can it be? Just take create a wrestler, add create a belt, add league name, add create a show, atleast 32 players with your own federation name where you can have tournaments to decide the champs then go from there. You can put it online and boost your sales. People swear online is where its at, I guess this company has yet to get the memo.

# 40 BDKiiing @ 10/19/11 09:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by goh
(Apologies to bdolski but I have to...)

What time is it?

Spoiler
No apology needed, on November 22nd it will be clobbering time on wwe 12

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.