Home
WWE '12 News Post

IGN has posted some WWE '12 story mode details.

Quote:
The story mode is split into three acts, each focusing on a different superstar who occupies a different "role" within the company. For example the first act features Sheamus, who occupies the role of a villain. Playing as the so-called Celtic Warrior, you'll crush the good guys and generally wreck havoc on the WWE until you reach the second arc focusing on a "hero" superstar, Triple H. What's most remarkable about these arcs is how THQ transitions between the two. Your run with Sheamus will literally be interrupted as Triple H ambushes him, getting revenge after an injury at the hands of the bad guy months earlier. Playing through the second arc will lead you to the most customizable portion of the single-player storyline - the third and final act allows you to select or create a custom superstar, who will run through an "outsider" storyline.

Game: WWE '12Hype Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 26 - View All
WWE '12 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 DJ @ 10/20/11 07:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeGamer
The first time we played it, the opening with Sheamus has 2 scenes that everyone in the room jumped up and down about.

I mean, truly e-pic stuff.

Loved that it's all one giant 18 month story instead of 5 mini-stories. Lots of ups and downs in the 18 months, and it takes about 10 hours or so to complete.
Wow. Wasn't expecting this much depth. Black Friday or Cyber Monday purchase for me.

# 42 LivingLegend @ 10/20/11 07:44 PM
Already got my two copies pre-ordered, this is just great news. Huge improvement over the 5 seperate stories.

# 43 BRxSKINSx @ 10/20/11 08:06 PM
I can't wait to play this game....

# 44 BRxSKINSx @ 10/21/11 08:49 AM
with the huge let down of the 2k dlc, THIS is a much needed breath of fresh air.....

# 45 BRxSKINSx @ 10/22/11 01:08 AM
Can this be the year I get back into wrestling games.....?

# 46 SoxFan01605 @ 10/22/11 02:33 AM
Like someone already said, Universe is where it's at for me. I'll definitely give this a look though.

Really still waiting for an in-depth and branching story mode, but this at least sounds better than the quicker ones they've been doing of late. I'm a Sheamus mark, so his angle should be fun for me and I can live with "Jacob Cass" as a name if the story is good. Not a fan of the HHH portion (unless HBK magically makes a significant appearance), but oh well...they can't please everyone.

# 47 Jukeman @ 10/22/11 10:28 AM
I'm trying to hold back from excitement because if the gameplay is poor again (AI, etc) I would be let down once again..

Yea they said the AI has improved but honestly they say that every year..

Plz be true this year!

Sent from my HumancentiPad using Tapatalk

# 48 BRxSKINSx @ 10/22/11 02:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by truintellectplaya
To the makers of this game. Wake me up when you decide to add online GM where I can go and make my own leagues where my friends can join and we fight for belts, make our own pay per views, etc. How hard can it be? Just take create a wrestler, add create a belt, add league name, add create a show, atleast 32 players with your own federation name where you can have tournaments to decide the champs then go from there. You can put it online and boost your sales. People swear online is where its at, I guess this company has yet to get the memo.
Oh yea...That's a good one...

# 49 Rawdeal28 @ 10/23/11 01:27 AM
can u pick a a current wrestler for the 3rd part of the storyline instead of creating one?

i HATE creating wrestlers.

# 50 BDKiiing @ 10/23/11 11:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawdeal28
can u pick a a current wrestler for the 3rd part of the storyline instead of creating one?

i HATE creating wrestlers.
nope, just Jacob Cass

# 51 dochalladay32 @ 10/24/11 09:57 AM
Just the list of wrestlers has my interest. I haven't gotten a wrestling game in years and I got SVR 2010 used when I got my PS3 last year. Definitely seems worth it. Hopefully it plays well. SVR 2010 gameplay wasn't too bad. The wrestlers I can play as are great, but if it doesn't play well, I will feel like it is $60 down the drain because this seems awful close to a day one purchase for me.

« Previous 123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.