Home
NFL Blitz News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

If you can't view the embedded video, click here.

EGMNOW has posted their NFL Blitz hands-on preview.

Quote:
Speaking of menus, this definitely ain’t your daddy’s Blitz, because this new version includes countless game modes beyond your standard exhibition—and the biggest change probably starts with the customization features. We all like to play with our favorite teams, but we’re also probably painfully aware that many of them have at least one—if not several—deficiencies at key skill positions. Now, by earning Blitz Bucks via playing online or in Blitz Gauntlet mode (more on that in a bit), you can buy packs of football cards that feature cheerleader loading screens, cheats for classic features like Big Head mode, power-ups for online versus (again, more on that shortly), or actual players. Once you get a card of a player you’re looking for, you can go buy them and add them to a customized roster. Want Megatron—spectacular Detroit Lions wideout Calvin Johnson, for those of you not up on your football nicknames—to play in Chicago? Want punishing Bears linebacker Brian Urlacher to play on the Bengals? Or how about Colts QB Peyton Manning (pre-neck injury) to play for the Giants instead of brother Eli? You can carry this roster customization through every other mode, which really helps even the odds against some of your tougher opponents—or when taking on the Gauntlet.

Have any interest?

Game: NFL BlitzReader Score: 5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 6 - View All
NFL Blitz Videos
Member Comments
# 1 jyoung @ 10/18/11 04:43 PM
Blitz 2001 is still sitting in my Dreamcast.

The legend will never die!

I'm glad to see the gameplay looks mostly intact from the original games and they've ignored the PS2 abominations.

# 2 bkfount @ 10/18/11 05:17 PM
interesting, since the NFL killed the franchise when they started to care about their violent image.

EA should have learned their lesson with NBA Jam and made this a downloadable XBLA/PSN title from day one though.

# 3 bluengold34_OS @ 10/18/11 05:20 PM
Well...going to try and keep an open mind about this title, but my level of excitement is about a 2 out of 10.

# 4 The Yurpman @ 10/18/11 05:30 PM
Looks more realistic then Madden, nice.

# 5 Tomba @ 10/18/11 05:56 PM
Please please make it stop...However grass is more true to life thats a plus and i see a better camera angle to but paying full price for this is just wrong

# 6 mestevo @ 10/18/11 06:03 PM
Looks like a no-brainer nostalgic purchase at $15.

# 7 MrChainsaw @ 10/18/11 09:16 PM
I could cry right now I'm so happy.

# 8 aimiami @ 10/18/11 09:52 PM
So pumped! this brings back good memories

# 9 dickey1331 @ 10/19/11 12:34 AM
Nice. Brings back memories playing Blitz with my Dad.

# 10 wildinkc @ 10/19/11 01:58 PM
haha nice. For 15 bucks I am probably going to buy it. I miss sports games like this with the cheesy arcade features. I am glad they are slowly coming back.

# 11 maddenps2 @ 10/21/11 11:13 AM
Would be awesome to see exaggerated Physics based tackle system...but that most likely won't happen.

# 12 bucs2nine @ 10/21/11 11:31 AM
So will this have season mode off-line? forgive me if that's been answered.

# 13 dophin26 @ 10/24/11 10:02 AM
This will be a buy for me. Nothing better than a couple beers, some friends and a quick bunch of games like Blitz.

# 14 Rickster101 @ 10/25/11 06:33 PM
Now this looks like something I could have some real fun with ,a must buy.

The Boss....Lead Man
Rickster101

# 15 ClevelandinDistress @ 10/25/11 11:02 PM
If there was ever a game to have the euphoria engine. This would be it!!!

# 16 mestevo @ 10/25/11 11:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClevelandinDistress
If there was ever a game to have the euphoria engine. This would be it!!!
Exaggerated animations > cost of another license + trying to wedge euphoria into another football title.

For a budget title at least.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

# 17 maddenps2 @ 10/25/11 11:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
Exaggerated animations > cost of another license + trying to wedge euphoria into another football title.

For a budget title at least.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
Yea you wouldn't want EA going out of there way to make a football game standout.

# 18 mestevo @ 10/26/11 12:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddenps2
Yea you wouldn't want EA going out of there way to make a football game standout.
Yeah because that's what I said

What about the preview makes this not look like a Blitz title? Backbreaker stood out for all the wrong reasons, Euphoria needs a lot more work than they put into Backbreaker to get it to work on a football title and not be ridiculous.

# 19 maddenps2 @ 10/26/11 02:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
Yeah because that's what I said

What about the preview makes this not look like a Blitz title? Backbreaker stood out for all the wrong reasons, Euphoria needs a lot more work than they put into Backbreaker to get it to work on a football title and not be ridiculous.
Nfl blitz is all about being rediculous, and imo motion capture looks a lot more unrealistic than pre-animated motion capture. Backbreaker stood out because of all the right reasons. A modified euphoria engine for blitz would be amazing imo.

# 20 dophin26 @ 10/26/11 09:16 AM
There were some crazy tackle results from the euphoria engine. Seems like the collision effect could be exaggerated quite a bit for Blitz. Then again, I was happy with what used to be in the game. Nothing like picking up your friend's QB and slamming him into the ground to make your statement.

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.