Home
NCAA Football 12 News Post

Operation Sports users are known all over the web for the slider sets they make every year for sports games. In this piece, we're gonna focus on some of the best slider sets available for NCAA Football 12.

Read More - Top Five NCAA Football 12 Slider Sets

Game: NCAA Football 12Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 104 - View All
NCAA Football 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Herky @ 10/19/11 11:07 AM
KingV2k3 did a slider set based off Oraeon1224's set that is very good. It's a hybrid of several sets on Operation Sports that I would recommend to anybody.

mkharsh's set was the best until Patch #2 killed Varsity level. He's a great slider guy like stated.

DJ's set is pretty solid as well which is based off SECElites AA sliders.

King's sliders are the ones I am rolling with in my dynasty.

# 2 DJ @ 10/19/11 11:51 AM
I was snubbed! J/K. There's definitely a lot of quality slider sets out there for NCAA 12. Thanks for the support, Herky.

I'd like to see an article like this for Madden, as I've had a hard time dialing in those sliders. I'd do my own, but I haven't had time to play the game enough to get any testing done.

# 3 OGKing @ 10/19/11 01:20 PM
Nice to see S.O.S Sliders at #4, they're really good. Good Job Buddy!

# 4 JohnDoe8865 @ 10/19/11 03:05 PM
I really tried not to snub anyone within the limited article space. If I had the space to write about the Top 20 slider sets, I still would've left a great slider set out somewhere. The depth and quality of sliders on OS is unrivaled anywhere on the 'net.

# 5 DJ @ 10/19/11 03:49 PM
Matthew, as you know, lists are always subjective. I was kidding about my set not being mentioned. Heck, it's not even an original set, as I just basically took SEC AA set and tweaked it once he made the move to Heisman.

I agree that there are a lot of nice options out there for gamers on this site in regards to sliders. They can certainly help add longevity to the games we play.

# 6 ngw411 @ 10/26/11 06:56 PM
http://www.4shared.com/account/home****p?startPage=1&sId=CN3Gkg3XNRyxW7mP#dir=122819101
Alabama Custom Stadium sounds

# 7 ngw411 @ 10/26/11 07:03 PM
http://www.4shared.com/account/dir/k4F70Vz7/_online.html#dir=122819101

# 8 imhim312 @ 10/27/11 10:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
i use SECElites AA sliders and since i started using them my games have become so much more realistic. Unfortunately the other day my PS3 stopped being able to read my NCAA Football disc for some reason so i can't even play the game. Every other game works fine on my ps3 but one night NCAA Football worked, the next day it didnt and hasn't since, weird.
You most likely have a corrupt ncaa file erase that file and and you should be good to go

# 9 soulless pupil @ 05/23/12 10:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
i use SECElites AA sliders and since i started using them my games have become so much more realistic. Unfortunately the other day my PS3 stopped being able to read my NCAA Football disc for some reason so i can't even play the game. Every other game works fine on my ps3 but one night NCAA Football worked, the next day it didnt and hasn't since, weird.
check the inner ring on the disk. There will probably be a crack there. For the last 6 years EA has been using disks that crack from the inside with NCAA. I believe it's their way of increasing sales, once the disk breaks they think someone will go and buy a new one. I've found that not using the case that NCAA comes in helps, but you will still get some cracking to a degree. I haven't found this to happen with any other games I play or own - Only NCAA, and it happens every year.

# 10 cparrish @ 05/23/12 01:26 PM
I was an avid SECElite AA slider user but I recently made the move over to Strategy Over Skillz All-American Sliders by NDAlum. Both sliders are amazing and both guys really did a great job taking the time come up with these. I just found NDAlum's sliders worked a little better with my rosters.

# 11 carnalnirvana @ 05/25/12 02:18 PM
slider makers need to start using camera phones if they dont have recording equipment and put up some vids of games....

i am starting to see that sliders are subjective to play style.

# 12 Playmakers @ 05/25/12 07:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carnalnirvana
slider makers need to start using camera phones if they dont have recording equipment and put up some vids of games....

I think the company should give us a choice between Arcade play and Simulation Style play. No more of this Varsity, AA and Heisman Mode which doesn't really fix the problem out of the box.

I'm pretty sure they can develope some football settings out of the box that take into consideration a SIM Mode effect to gameplay.

It doesn't have to be perfect settings but something that lets the USER know that they can get SIM Results out of the box based on programming by EA that takes into team and player ratings.

# 13 JerzeyReign @ 05/25/12 08:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carnalnirvana

I have a Hauppage and normally record gameplay of my sets with every type of offense and every type of matchups.

I did a set for '12 but the first patch killed them and I had to worry about keeping my league together rather than lab.

I'm not one of those 'I put it here because it felt right' people -- I put it there because I just spent 2 hours looking at that one thing (something most slider makers do) But anyway, good job to those guys who stuck with '12 and labbed -- more patient man than I, thats for sure.

# 14 rudyjuly2 @ 05/26/12 05:09 AM
No slider set could save the problems in NCAA 12 for me. Tuning file sets were completely under-utilized by EA last year too which might have been able to solve some basic problems like super leaping LB.

I think EA really needs to add a 5th difficulty level between AA and Heisman. There are quite a few people on OS that find AA too easy and Heisman too hard so there are a lot of slider sets that try to find the sweet spot in the middle. Why not create that middle for us so the tweaking isn't so much?

# 15 Playmakers @ 05/29/12 03:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pk556
I guess I just dont get it ? I run an online dynasty and have tried several slider sets , a couple of them were in this top 5 . I just dont see how its real when I can take a c rated team (such as ohio) and thrash an A rated team ( such as alabama) . How is that real ? The only set that keeps you from doing that is Jarrod21s black heisman set . To me that set is the most realistic .
How can it be realistic when the game doesn't even factor in team ratings or player ratings on that level because everything goes out the window.

By making the game harder to win on heisman level (EA CODING)
doesn't necessary means it's more realistic.

The way i see it is some guys may want ratings to determine more outcomes or atleast factor in more. Other guys might want to simply just have the game be harder regardless of ratings.

Realism is based on the individual's preference IMO!

# 16 NDAlum @ 05/29/12 06:56 PM
I record my games!

# 17 Jarodd21 @ 05/30/12 12:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pk556
I guess I just dont get it ? I run an online dynasty and have tried several slider sets , a couple of them were in this top 5 . I just dont see how its real when I can take a c rated team (such as ohio) and thrash an A rated team ( such as alabama) . How is that real ? The only set that keeps you from doing that is Jarrod21s black heisman set . To me that set is the most realistic .

Exactly.. I don't know how that makes All-American realistic when any experience gamer can blast top rated teams with low rated teams on that level(Playing straight up with no cheesy tactics). I can't see how anybody can say that ratings matter on that level.. You can pretty much do that on default heisman too once you get use to it.. Most people who still say that ratings don't matter on Heisman are going off how Heisman was in years past. If they would have actually gave Heisman a chance this year they would have realized that level played alot smoother this year then it has in years past instead of assuming it's the same..

# 18 Playmakers @ 05/30/12 02:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarodd21
Exactly.. I don't know how that makes All-American realistic when any experience gamer can blast top rated teams with low rated teams on that level(Playing straight up with no cheesy tactics). I can't see how anybody can say that ratings matter on that level.. You can pretty much do that on default heisman too once you get use to it.. Most people who still say that ratings don't matter on Heisman are going off how Heisman was in years past. If they would have actually gave Heisman a chance this year they would have realized that level played alot smoother this year then it has in years past instead of assuming it's the same..
No one is assuming anything.

There's a reason why Kickers on Heisman level consistently try to kick FG's from 50+ yards because EA has that level programmed for the CPU to try and win at all cost.

I'm not going to get into the Heisman vs AA debate on these forums anymore.

I think we all know fully well that in Madden and NCAA Football which levels are designed to simply get the CPU to go into beast mode and which levels are designed to give you a more organic feel to gameplay even though it might not not offer the best CPU challenge.

I've not once heard or read from EA that Heisman level factors in ratings more than any other level. I have though read where All-America level allegedly does just that in the game.

But i personally could care less for either one of those levels because I'm more interested in seeing a 70 accuarcy rated QB actually throwing like a 70 accuary rated QB and that only happens for me personally on an entirely different level of gameplay.

I guess me and you will have to agree to disagree as always when it comes to this subject.

Peace!

# 19 Jarodd21 @ 05/30/12 07:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
No one is assuming anything.

There's a reason why Kickers on Heisman level consistently try to kick FG's from 50+ yards because EA has that level programmed for the CPU to try and win at all cost.

I'm not going to get into the Heisman vs AA debate on these forums anymore.

I think we all know fully well that in Madden and NCAA Football which levels are designed to simply get the CPU to go into beast mode and which levels are designed to give you a more organic feel to gameplay even though it might not not offer the best CPU challenge.

I've not once heard or read from EA that Heisman level factors in ratings more than any other level. I have though read where All-America level allegedly does just that in the game.

But i personally could care less for either one of those levels because I'm more interested in seeing a 70 accuarcy rated QB actually throwing like a 70 accuary rated QB and that only happens for me personally on an entirely different level of gameplay.

I guess me and you will have to agree to disagree as always when it comes to this subject.

Peace!
I see these kind of QBs play horrible all the time even with the sliders very high. IMO they made low rated teams play horrible regardless of where you have the sliders as long as you are calling the right defensive schemes..

The only thing I agree with you on is the kicking issue on Heisman but you right we definitely need to agree to disagree on the Heisman vs AA thing because I will never see eye to eye with anyone who thinks AA is the realistic level the game should be played.. Blowing the CPU out with low rated teams will never be realistic IMO..

# 20 Armor and Sword @ 05/30/12 10:00 AM
It all depends what your looking to get out of the game. If you want challenge against the CPU Heisman is where your going to go. It is hard and the CPU will win at all costs.

If you want a good game, organic animations and feel and a feeling of ratings mattering you go Varsiety or AA sliders. I have tried Heisman and found the game too tough for me.....everyones playing skill is different.

It is totally subjective and the best thing to do is fool around with different bases and tweak from there. What drives me crazy is when some posters go into slider threads and start getting hostile at the OP.....then go tweak your own set.

It is a community effort. It is time and energy and all the OP is doing is sharing their custom settings. They may or may not work for you. If they don't move on.

Use the slider makers set's as a base to start your own custom tweaking to get what you want out of the game. In the end.....if your not having fun....it's your fault (or the game for that matter)....not the slider set LOL!!!

I look forward to helping out with NCAA and Madden 13 this year (granted I end up keeping the games within the first month of release...hope I do because that will mean they are very good). I have high hopes with the all new pass trajectory system and next week we find out if we will get some type of RTP engine or tuning enhancment to tackling and player movement.

« Previous123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.