Home
NHL 12 News Post

While tweaks to your lineup and strategies can subtly improve your chances at NHL 12, nothing quite beats having a mastery of what to do while actuallyplaying the game. No set style or attack pattern is going to be effective against everybody, but there certainly are key concepts to apply and pitfalls to avoid when taking on NHL 12's reasonably challenging AI, as well as the wide spectrum of online competitors.

Read More - NHL 12: On-Ice Strategies

Game: NHL 12Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 26 - View All
NHL 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 dannyheck @ 10/19/11 01:39 PM
Nice article.

# 2 stormbringer666 @ 10/19/11 01:59 PM
Interesting read, I do agree the most with the dump & chase low usage.

# 3 Aceito @ 10/19/11 11:27 PM
Thank's for the article. Very helpful.

# 4 Orange @ 10/20/11 06:13 PM
Thanks for the article MMChrisS, it was a good read. I love these kind of reads.

# 5 synjin @ 10/20/11 11:35 PM
I dump and chase all the time vs. CPU and humans online. You just have to make sure the opposite winger is wide and still skating up ice with you, and that he hasn't come to a stop on the blue line while waiting for you to get up ice. This way he has a head of steam and will pretty much always beat the defender to the puck as it rings around the boards. Also, it's best if you let it fly right as you are crossing the red line, since many defenders will have pulled up or slowed down in order to play you at their blue line should you try to carry it in. Do this and not only will your opposite winger (who will be getting the puck) have a full head of steam, but the defenders will be facing the wrong way and likely stopped or at least moving laterally.

Instead of ringing it around the boards, you can also shoot it diagonally across the ice in front of the goal(hold down R2, aim up left with the LStick, and slap shot it with the RStick). The ricochet will usually send it right to your winger. Basically a bank pass, and sometimes you can get a quick break on goal for a 1v1 vs. the goalie. This doesn't work nearly as often as sending it around the boards, but do it 2-3 times a game and you'll get at least really good 1 scoring chance out of it.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.