Home
NCAA Football 12 News Post

NCAA Football 12 title update #4 details have been revealed and will be available on November 8th.

Hey Everyone, Ben Haumiller here with the announcement that Title Update #4 is targeted to be available on Tuesday, November 8th. Here are the details on what's included in Title Update #4:

Online Desync fix

We've fixed a desync that was occurring when performing pre-play adjustments from the 3-4 Under defensive formation.

Road to Glory

We've fixed an issue with the playcalling AI where running plays were called too often in situations where a passing play should be called. This was most noticeable when trailing late in a game with a running back RTG character.

Online Dynasty – Transfer Failed

There are a few different issues that are causing Transfer Failed notifications in Online Dynasties. The majority of people ran into this error when attempting to upload data (i.e. game result, recruiting info, etc.). The fix for this issue involved more than we could do on the server side alone, and that fix is included in this Title Update. There will also be a server deployment necessary to complete the fix for these Transfer Failed issues. At this time, it looks like that server deployment will happen shortly after the Title Update is available. Once we know the exact date of the deployment we will be sure to pass the info along.

As for the remaining Transfer Failed issues, we are continuing to investigate server side fixes for these issues.

This concludes what will be included in Title Update #4. Due to additional gameplay risk involved to fix issues related to prospect tendencies in Dynasty mode, we’ve decided to forego addressing via a Title Update. To provide a little background on the tendencies issue, there are some portions of the game that convert a value to get the correct tendency, while other portions do not make this conversion. We were able to fix the tendency issue in the portions of the game that do the conversions through the Title Update, however fixing the other instances would require modification of database data, stored procedures, and code. Rather than risk the potential for this fix to cause other major data issues in Dynasty mode, the decision has been made to apply the proper fix in NCAA Football 13. Thank you for all of your support throughout the year.

Game: NCAA Football 12Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 104 - View All
NCAA Football 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 redsfan4life @ 10/31/11 06:07 PM
I'm done. Madden's way better this year, trading this in for a real game tomorrow.

# 62 spit_bubble @ 10/31/11 06:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmacgreg37
...Due to additional gameplay risk involved to fix issues related to prospect tendencies in Dynasty mode, we’ve decided to forego addressing via a Title Update. To provide a little background on the tendencies issue, there are some portions of the game that convert a value to get the correct tendency, while other portions do not make this conversion. We were able to fix the tendency issue in the portions of the game that do the conversions through the Title Update, however fixing the other instances would require modification of database data, stored procedures, and code. Rather than risk the potential for this fix to cause other major data issues in Dynasty mode, the decision has been made to apply the proper fix in NCAA Football 13. Thank you for all of your support throughout the year.
On the one hand it's refreshing for them to come out and state it like it is.

On the other hand this sucks.

# 63 BlastX21 @ 10/31/11 06:44 PM
No gameplay fixes.

# 64 TheTodd84 @ 10/31/11 06:48 PM
To Keyser Soze who thinks the same thing will happen again next year... I really haven't seen this much uproar and discontent with an NCAA game this generation. After 11, there were still plenty of naysayers, but at least it was playable and with the tuner packs and patches, it was much improved.

But this kind of discontent? And this many hardcore college football fans abandoning the only CFB game in town and trading it in is a really bad sign. I doubt you will see a lot of people in here buying the game on launch day. This was the last straw for a lot of people, including me. Until I hear about a brand new engine or how change of direction matters and improved line and wr/db interaction play and no more warping or suction, then NCAA 13 might as well not even come out. I'm serious. And I am not alone on this sentiment.

I have never seen the discontent this bad. My only hope is that these people, FOR ONCE, don't buy into the hype and live up to their word.

# 65 TheTodd84 @ 10/31/11 06:49 PM
and to whoever called him Ben Hamburger, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH, that's fantastic.

# 66 NINJAK2 @ 10/31/11 07:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatriotJames
Still waiting for my money back, this game is a joke.
LOL..You will be waiting until the devil has to rock a North Face jacket laced with fleece interior in hell before that happens....Tendency glitch(their earlier patch did not help with Teambuilder ball clubs that were edited on EA website) and the Medusa made statues on option plays in certain defensive sets are my biggest issues. Really stinks because I like NCAA...

# 67 ngw411 @ 10/31/11 07:10 PM
http://www.4shared.com/account/home****p?startPage=1#dir=124745009 Bama intro Music

# 68 fcboiler87 @ 10/31/11 07:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by slingblade73
EA just lost a life long customer. I am not kidding.
Same here. So much promise. Even more disappointment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by booker21
hahaha i love the part that we will fix it for ncaa 2013 hahahha.
It just epitomizes what we are dealing with. But yes, it's hilarious.

# 69 LionsFanNJ @ 10/31/11 07:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheelguy4736
Yea I am with you. The game is a good game. There are some excellent ideas going in to the game but some of the execution just isn't there and some things are just getting left out that should be in the game. Ive enjoyed the game, but I just have been disappointed with the production team and how they have handled this years game as far as patches and communication with the public.
I will say i am disappointed with the QC and how things are handled this year. Granted i wasn't pissed we got no patch notes for the first patch, as no company does that. But whats bothersome is the after effects of the following patches. Overall i think the lack of QC on the new features killed the game (madden had the same problem, IE rain issues due to the lighting, CPB's). Now that they're in there, i hope that the fixes stick for 13 and whatever else crops up are NEW bugs. Either way i'm continuing my dynasty later tonight after some BF3 sessions

# 70 stigs007 @ 10/31/11 07:54 PM
Will not be buying on release next year, and unless 13 is lights out, I won't be buying it period. And not fixing tendencies b/c they're afraid of breaking other parts of the game, here's an idea, hire better developers b/c that's a joke.

Just in case anyone starts a class action, I'm in.

# 71 SoulAssassin @ 10/31/11 08:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
Obviously the roster glitch was just the tip of the iceberg that showed how flawed the coding was for 12. Just had a domino effect that brought NCAA 12 crashing down.

Sad day for a programmer when your code is so bad that you can't even add stuff to it without making it crash even more. Coding is like building a house, you have to have a good foundation to build on.

NCAA 12 coding wasn't good, which is why they can't add anything to it since it is barely hanging on now. Come next year, I don't want to hear anything about HDR lighting, mascots, animals, cars, band sections, 3D grass......none of that fluff stuff.

All I want to hear about is what they FIXED for GAMEPLAY. Talk about nothing but GAMEPLAY.

See I knew it was a bad sign when the 1st thing we heard about NCAA 12 they were asking for band locations pictures back in March. But did people believe me back then ? No...they thought I was over reacting, gameplay will come later and it will be good.

Well folks......end of October and gameplay will be addressed NEXT YEAR.
Haumiller: "Completely bug free!"

I hope someone calls this man out when he says this during the making of NCAA13... which will be filled with all the "HDR lighting, mascots, animals, cars, band sections, 3D grass" b.s. that none of us care about.

# 72 Aranor @ 10/31/11 08:31 PM
How about we get a united call for new leadership. Its clear that the status quo of ncaa football is sub par at best and will continue to get worse under its current management. Maybe even find some programmers that do know something about football than just the video games. Ive never seen so many clipping calls in one game. Ive never seen a game where a qb could just sling the ball out of the pocket into the endzone or stands and not be penalized for it.

# 73 TheShizNo1 @ 10/31/11 08:39 PM
So this patch doesn't address anything gameplay wise?

# 74 Aranor @ 10/31/11 08:41 PM
Nope only unline stuff they screwed up.

# 75 OGKing @ 10/31/11 08:42 PM
GUYS CALM DOWN. Look at the bright side, i mean honestly..

I could care less about what they do, because deep down inside, from the bottom of my heart, i don't care cause,

I have the greatest COLLEGE GAME in the world.

College Hoops 2k8, a real game.

EA needs to look, listen, and learn from the greats.

Take notes EA.

You won't take notes, EA.

Why?

As long as you're bringing in money, you're fine, who cares about them, right?

smh..

I honestly thought this patch was going to address everything. They come out with the details, and it doesn't even address the gameplay, or dynasty mode. Yet, you address little things like RTG? Honestly? Who plays RTG anymore? It's boring and unrealistic. They're is no way that you can even possibly be a 96 overall rated Sophomore, it's just too easy.

Scrap RTG, use the extra space to enhance gameplay, that's all we want, that's all we need.

# 76 dickey1331 @ 10/31/11 08:58 PM
This is a little disappointing.

# 77 lakeytw @ 10/31/11 09:25 PM
This will be the last EA game I will ever need to trade in. Too many bugs, too little support.

# 78 OGKing @ 10/31/11 09:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UofO Ducks
This isn't unexpected from EA. They left everyone who bought ncaa basketball 10 hanging and didn't even provide the people that supported that game with atleast one patch and they are starting to screw us on ncaa football. I know they had a few patches that fixed a few things in dynasty and gameplay but then the other stuff that is causing or is a problem in offline dynasty and beyond they ignore it cuz EA is to freakin LAZY. I really wish everyone would just protest all new EA games in the coming year then maybe that would send EA a message that we aren't taking there sh*t anymore. They need to read these forums and pay attention to the people who buy and play there game year round and add features and everything else we ask for. EA you guys can make good games but you need to give the FANS of your games a VOICE. Stop sucking your thumbs and let your ego go.
EA doesn't make the games, EA is just the publishers.

# 79 wolverinemaniac @ 10/31/11 09:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by slingblade73
EA just lost a life long customer. I am not kidding.
same here, I will not be buying 2013!

# 80 Solidice @ 10/31/11 10:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OGKing
EA doesn't make the games, EA is just the publishers.
I guess it's just a coincidence that the developer for NCAA 12(and all the NCAA series titles before, except '98 since that was before EA bought Tiburon Entertainment) was Electronic Arts Tiburon.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.