Home
NCAA Football 12 News Post

NCAA Football 12 title update #4 details have been revealed and will be available on November 8th.

Hey Everyone, Ben Haumiller here with the announcement that Title Update #4 is targeted to be available on Tuesday, November 8th. Here are the details on what's included in Title Update #4:

Online Desync fix

We've fixed a desync that was occurring when performing pre-play adjustments from the 3-4 Under defensive formation.

Road to Glory

We've fixed an issue with the playcalling AI where running plays were called too often in situations where a passing play should be called. This was most noticeable when trailing late in a game with a running back RTG character.

Online Dynasty – Transfer Failed

There are a few different issues that are causing Transfer Failed notifications in Online Dynasties. The majority of people ran into this error when attempting to upload data (i.e. game result, recruiting info, etc.). The fix for this issue involved more than we could do on the server side alone, and that fix is included in this Title Update. There will also be a server deployment necessary to complete the fix for these Transfer Failed issues. At this time, it looks like that server deployment will happen shortly after the Title Update is available. Once we know the exact date of the deployment we will be sure to pass the info along.

As for the remaining Transfer Failed issues, we are continuing to investigate server side fixes for these issues.

This concludes what will be included in Title Update #4. Due to additional gameplay risk involved to fix issues related to prospect tendencies in Dynasty mode, we’ve decided to forego addressing via a Title Update. To provide a little background on the tendencies issue, there are some portions of the game that convert a value to get the correct tendency, while other portions do not make this conversion. We were able to fix the tendency issue in the portions of the game that do the conversions through the Title Update, however fixing the other instances would require modification of database data, stored procedures, and code. Rather than risk the potential for this fix to cause other major data issues in Dynasty mode, the decision has been made to apply the proper fix in NCAA Football 13. Thank you for all of your support throughout the year.

Game: NCAA Football 12Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 104 - View All
NCAA Football 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 161 TheVinylHippo @ 11/05/11 06:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apostle
Two things from me:

I understand why people are upset. There's a lot wrong with this game. Some of the issues are baffling considering they are the same issues that have plagued this series in the past. Sim gamers have every reason to be upset.

I am not upset. Again, I see the issues. I experience them; they frustrate me as well. I'm still playing this game, though. I'm still enjoying it. I think as I've gotten older my available time for gaming has dwindled, I've chosen to not let a game get to me. If I feel I made a mistake in buying a game, I try and trade it in and get something for it. I don't trust patches, I don't trust hype (NCAA is the only game I've bought every year because I've always enjoyed it).

You know what my biggest gripe with the game is? The same gripe that I had on release day - Washington's home uniforms were wrong and the color of the end zones at Husky Stadium were the wrong color. That's truly the biggest thing that bothers me.

I used to really hate the sim stats, and the tendency bug would have drove me insane a few short years ago... But, when I just play the game without trying to replicate pieces of real life, I have a blast. The game is my escape from reality, so if my results with the game are a bit unrealistic, that's OK.

That surprises me, but my perception has changed.

I've got my money's worth from NCAA 12 - just as I've gotten my money's worth every year from this game.

Maybe my expectations are low... Well, they're really not because I want the same things that most everyone else wants, but I still find myself turning on my 360 and having a blast with this game.

That's enough for me I guess.
Maybe you'd be upset if you're account got locked out of Online Dynasty completely and you get "Transfer Failed" constantly, when that game mode is the one you play the most on the game. Considering I am in that category, I am extremely upset.

# 162 Fuzion5303 @ 11/06/11 12:55 AM
so looks like ncaa football 13 is ncaa football 12.5

# 163 eskimos44 @ 11/06/11 01:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apostle
Two things from me:

I understand why people are upset. There's a lot wrong with this game. Some of the issues are baffling considering they are the same issues that have plagued this series in the past. Sim gamers have every reason to be upset.

I am not upset. Again, I see the issues. I experience them; they frustrate me as well. I'm still playing this game, though. I'm still enjoying it. I think as I've gotten older my available time for gaming has dwindled, I've chosen to not let a game get to me. If I feel I made a mistake in buying a game, I try and trade it in and get something for it. I don't trust patches, I don't trust hype (NCAA is the only game I've bought every year because I've always enjoyed it).

You know what my biggest gripe with the game is? The same gripe that I had on release day - Washington's home uniforms were wrong and the color of the end zones at Husky Stadium were the wrong color. That's truly the biggest thing that bothers me.

I used to really hate the sim stats, and the tendency bug would have drove me insane a few short years ago... But, when I just play the game without trying to replicate pieces of real life, I have a blast. The game is my escape from reality, so if my results with the game are a bit unrealistic, that's OK.

That surprises me, but my perception has changed.

I've got my money's worth from NCAA 12 - just as I've gotten my money's worth every year from this game.

Maybe my expectations are low... Well, they're really not because I want the same things that most everyone else wants, but I still find myself turning on my 360 and having a blast with this game.

That's enough for me I guess.
Preach it brother.

I also enjoy this game a lot. But I also have little time to play it. We have gotten the Transfer Failed screen in our OD, but only once. After that is fixed, this game will hit a sweet spot for me. I truly say thanks EA.

# 164 Wesman @ 11/06/11 01:52 AM
I traded the game in due to the tendancy bug lik 4 days ago.. after watching college ball on tv tonight, I feel like an idiot because I've already arranged to pick it up again from a guy on craigslist....

Guess there are more redeeming qualities to the game than a MAJOR (and it bis major) snaffu with the incoming freshman. I personally can't wait to pick it up tomorrow. (Offline player only here)

I guess it should be noted, that I decided to pick it up used this year simply to deny ea the revenue. So I have it, and someone paid for it, but EA didn't get a dime of my money...
Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk

# 165 Wesman @ 11/06/11 01:55 AM
" I wish they'd tone down the LB's jumping up and swatting passes. You NEVER see this crap happen in real games, but it's common to see 5 or so of these animations in this game... frustrating."

I said that too... but I gotta admit, sometimes I see it (sometimes...) and I think to myself, "if that happened to me in the game, id be pissed!"

# 166 BruceAlmighty @ 11/06/11 10:10 AM
This thread's first post has to be the funniest thing I've ever read. So, in lamen's terms, they fixed a road to glory bug, a pissy desync bug, and DIDN'T even touch the most glaring issues with the game that make it almost unplayable.

I wish I could say I'm surprised, but I'm not. Tiburon has to be the worst game development studio in the entire business. Releasing a half finished game, breaking it worse with patches, and then forgoing FIXING it just to make ANOTHER game that your fans will have to spend ANOTHER $60 on is the most unethical, immoral, bull**** thing I've ever seen in the video game industry.

Blatant disregard for your consumers, just to focus on another version that they'll be forced to buy, is troubling. If the company had any moral fiber about them they'd refund people's games this year. That's what happens in any other business field when you sell people something that doesn't work.

# 167 Got2Words4ya @ 11/06/11 11:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesman
" I wish they'd tone down the LB's jumping up and swatting passes. You NEVER see this crap happen in real games, but it's common to see 5 or so of these animations in this game... frustrating."

I said that too... but I gotta admit, sometimes I see it (sometimes...) and I think to myself, "if that happened to me in the game, id be pissed!"

Its so funny how you guys complain of these so called "super linebackers", it honestly makes me wonder if any of you ever watch a game of pro or college ever. Watch patrick willis highlights, ray lewis, urlacher, those guys are picking the ball out of the air. Does that make them super linebackers too? Or are they cheesing the game irl. So funny.

# 168 Catamount53 @ 11/06/11 11:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Got2Words4ya
Its so funny how you guys complain of these so called "super linebackers", it honestly makes me wonder if any of you ever watch a game of pro or college ever. Watch patrick willis highlights, ray lewis, urlacher, those guys are picking the ball out of the air. Does that make them super linebackers too? Or are they cheesing the game irl. So funny.
Yea lets compare NMSU's LB with some of the best LBs in the NFL.

# 169 Scott @ 11/06/11 01:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzion5303
so looks like ncaa football 13 is ncaa football 12.5
Seriously? Quit trollin. There hasn't been a single thing announced about NCAA 13.

# 170 PowerofRed25 @ 11/06/11 03:22 PM
Quote:
Are they picking a ball out of the air that was intended for a WR 25 yards down the field? Are they picking the ball out of the air without having taken a step, yet some how slid 5 yards in one direction? Are they picking a ball out of the air having had their back to it the whole play and then just happening to KNOW it was thrown and where?

(P.S. The answer to these questions is no, always)

# 171 z4ckdabeast @ 11/06/11 04:17 PM
Quote:
it honestly makes me wonder if any of you ever watch a game of pro or college ever. Watch patrick willis highlights, ray lewis, urlacher, those guys are picking the ball out of the air.
Why should every single linebacker in a college football game have the athletic abilities and skill sets of Pro Bowl NFL linebackers?

# 172 bruinkid626 @ 11/06/11 08:43 PM
I have just received a new update on the PS3 (33mb).

# 173 Kingfish @ 11/06/11 09:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catamount53
Yea lets compare NMSU's LB with some of the best LBs in the NFL.
NMSU 4th SCRUB LB no less...how someone can defend this is unbelievable.

The Devs had to use this as a way to make the passing game more difficult. Why not make the passes 'variable' and the quality of a throw based on if the QB is set and with feet planted instead of having every pass spot on perfect from a sprinting HB running to the left, spinning around and making a jumping throw like a LASERBEAM allllllll the way across the field to a WR thats not even looking every time.

Yeah, it would take a little more coding but it would be worth it...

# 174 Cdog923 @ 11/06/11 11:39 PM
I completely forgot that MW3 comes out Nov. 8th. No way this piece of garbage gets touched for at least a month, let alone turned on long enough to download an update.

# 175 mkharsh33 @ 11/07/11 12:15 AM
make more differentiations in the QB ratings, not blowing up defensive ratings, and using animations that happen 5-7 times in a game that you might be lucky to see once (ie. leaping linebackers). The game is just coded all wrong...

# 176 BlastX21 @ 11/07/11 01:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerofRed25
Are they picking a ball out of the air that was intended for a WR 25 yards down the field? Are they picking the ball out of the air without having taken a step, yet some how slid 5 yards in one direction? Are they picking a ball out of the air having had their back to it the whole play and then just happening to KNOW it was thrown and where?

(P.S. The answer to these questions is no, always)
Don't forget 100% swatting accuracy!

# 177 blkrptnt819 @ 11/07/11 09:54 AM
Quote:
You know you name the best LBs in PRO football right? And they may do it 10x a season not 3x a game.

# 178 blkrptnt819 @ 11/07/11 09:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdog923
I completely forgot that MW3 comes out Nov. 8th. No way this piece of garbage gets touched for at least a month, let alone turned on long enough to download an update.
Halo Ann. edition

# 179 Crowned @ 11/07/11 11:43 AM
I just got the transfer failed where everyone can enter the OD on pre-season tasks, except for me the commish. So if this patch doesn't fix it then my OD is lost and we were entering season 4. So crappy EA.

# 180 redbird294 @ 11/07/11 01:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Td1984
This. I'm really upset that EA is still not addressing the issues with the Custom Playbooks.
They didn't touch custom playbooks in this patch......AT ALL?

Sorry, but that's a deal breaker for me. If I'm stuck with buggy playbooks that force me to leave stuff in that I don't want, I'll just leave the disc to keep collecting dust--just as it has been since early September. I might as well put NFL Head Coach 09 back in the PS3. I'll get more fun out of playing that, and the custom playbooks work much better.

Oh well, at least I got The Show and NBA 2K12 to play.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.