Home
NASCAR Unleashed News Post

In 2000, EA released a simple NASCAR themed arcade racer named NASCAR Rumble on the original Playstation. While it was anything but a simulation, that didn’t stop it from becoming a cult favorite in the racing genre. Firebrand games and Activision are hoping lightening strikes twice, with the release of NASCAR Unleashed. This is not a sequel in any way to the previously mentioned title, but it definitely has the same feel and look. The car models resemble that of an early 70s muscle car, rather than a stock car. The racing takes place anywhere from certain licensed NASCAR tracks, to a city setting, the woods and just about anywhere else you could think of. NASCAR Unleashed absolutely pushes the boundaries of its licensing, and that’s exactly what they set out to do.

Read More - NASCAR Unleashed Developer Interview

Game: NASCAR UnleashedHype Score: 5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: 3DS / PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 2 - View All
NASCAR Unleashed Videos
Member Comments
# 1 dcal @ 10/31/11 02:00 PM
Not a big Nascar fan but this looks fun. Going to give it a shot

# 2 bluengold34_OS @ 10/31/11 02:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcal
Not a big Nascar fan but this looks fun. Going to give it a shot
It is a lot of fun. I have had the title since last Thursday, and the game plays out exactly how one thinks it would. Obviously this is an arcade racer, and it doesn't pretend to be anything else. For those of you worrying this title is only the kiddies......There have been races where I have finished in the bottom 3(20 cars in each race) before on the higher levels.

If anyone has any questions about the gameplay, or anything else....shoot away.

# 3 dcal @ 10/31/11 04:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
It is a lot of fun. I have had the title since last Thursday, and the game plays out exactly how one thinks it would. Obviously this is an arcade racer, and it doesn't pretend to be anything else. For those of you worrying this title is only the kiddies......There have been races where I have finished in the bottom 3(20 cars in each race) before on the higher levels.

If anyone has any questions about the gameplay, or anything else....shoot away.
Cool! Thanks for the feedback. Sounds like the fun factor is there. A little arcade action is needed to balance out the sim stuff anyway. Odd question, is there an instant replay system to watch crashes and if so does it have a free roam replay camera? Thanks!

# 4 bluengold34_OS @ 10/31/11 04:28 PM
I do not believe there is a replay system....at least not one that I have found(only checked once). What it does for certain jumps and sequences it goes into slow motion camera and uses different vantage points.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcal
Cool! Thanks for the feedback. Sounds like the fun factor is there. A little arcade action is needed to balance out the sim stuff anyway. Odd question, is there an instant replay system to watch crashes and if so does it have a free roam replay camera? Thanks!

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express

# 5 JMD @ 11/03/11 07:10 AM
I was all set to buy this game until I read this:
"NASCAR Unleashed doesn’t offer online racing"

To bad, why a developer would not have online play in a game in 2011 in confusing to say the least. Now instead of buying this game new, I'll end up getting it for $5.00 6 months after it's release.

# 6 GrandMaster B @ 11/04/11 04:36 PM
no multi-player = failure

# 7 Yrogergj24 @ 11/05/11 10:37 PM
Would you recommend this to a fun-loving NASCAR fan bluengold?

# 8 bluengold34_OS @ 11/07/11 09:07 AM
Sure would.....as the game is a lot of fun, and quite challenging at times. As long as you understand that this isn't trying to be a simulation. If you're looking for a different type of arcade racer.....NASCAR Unleashed offers a nice challenge, with a certain replay factor attached to it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yrogergj24
Would you recommend this to a fun-loving NASCAR fan bluengold?

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.