Home
NBA 2K12 News Post

In my last article, I listed out the ten greatest teams that I’d like to see added to NBA 2K12's Greatest Mode. While I was doing my research for the article, I said to myself “Wouldn’t it be fun to play with some of the worst NBA teams of all-time?” It would be a challenge to try to pull off monumental upsets against the all-time great teams, or to rebuild a laughingstock into a contender in Association mode. At the very least, it would allow for the Clippers to have an entry in the Greatest mode. Here are my suggestions for the best of the worst:

Read More - NBA 2K12: What About the Worst of the Worst?

Game: NBA 2K12Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 102 - View All
NBA 2K12 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 almostbobsaget @ 11/01/11 05:39 PM
http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/CHI/2000.html

99-2000 Chicago Bulls get my vote. Though the 1999 lockout season was just as bad, the Bulls this year were consistently ranked in the bottom 5% of the league averages (28th in ppg) and the 2nd worst record in the NBA (beating out the Clippers).

It also didn't help when Will Perdue had the highest paid contract that year.

# 2 SouthBeach @ 11/01/11 05:50 PM
2010-2011 Cleveland Cavaliers - I don't care what anyone says to me. One man was removed initially and they went from 60+ wins to just under 20 wins the following season.

2006-2007 Miami Heat - The same can be said for this Miami Heat team. With Wade's injury eliminating him from a bunch of games, I could have gone to a local high school and picked up a squad of 10 to play them and kept the game competitive.

# 3 porkys8077 @ 11/01/11 06:12 PM
2010 Cavaliers.

# 4 RedSceptile @ 11/01/11 06:37 PM
Man the 09-10 Nets were so bad that I remember when they won there 9th and 10th game the announcers were going freaking bonkers like they just won the NBA Championship.

# 5 VDusen04 @ 11/01/11 06:55 PM
From time to time I've entertained the prospect of using the worst teams ever. And when roster creators re-make entire seasons, I often think "Man, now I can play any team, even the worst ones!" But then, truly, the worst ones are so filled with mediocrity that I lose interest. I thought there would be novelty in running with a team starring Bryant Reeves, Blue Edwards and Greg Anthony, but the effect has been limited in my regard. Maybe it'd help if real players were used (instead of created players) and real jerseys/courts, but I'm not so certain my feelings would be much different.

With all that said, that '03 Cavs team actually has some appealing players. They may have been horrible but Ricky "Get Buckets" Davis was entertaining anyway. He was a fantastic dunker.

# 6 Clusterfudge @ 11/01/11 07:04 PM
2004-2005 Hawks comes to mind

# 7 Gramps91 @ 11/01/11 07:08 PM
09-10 Nets and 04-05 Lakers

# 8 RedSceptile @ 11/01/11 07:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eaterofworlds888
09-10 Nets and 04-05 Lakers
ummm the 04-05 Lakers finished 34-48...I hardly see how that constitutes a worst of the worst moniker...

# 9 poloelite @ 11/01/11 07:43 PM
The 2010 Cavs lost MORE THAN ONE PLAYER that caused their downfall. They lost both centers (Shaq and Z), their best bench guard (Delonte), Mo Williams, Jemario Moon, their coach Mike Brown and their GM Danny Ferry. That's 5 Key Starters/Rotation guys other than Lebron, your GM and coach. Not to mention Andy was hurt all year. If the Cavs would've suited up everyone but Lebron and kept their GM and Coach, 40 wins easily.

# 10 JohnDoe8865 @ 11/01/11 08:07 PM
I LOVE this idea.

# 11 bronco4434 @ 11/01/11 08:37 PM
What about the 1992-93 Mavericks?? The logo was great but the team was not!!!

# 12 SouthBeach @ 11/01/11 08:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by poloelite
The 2010 Cavs lost MORE THAN ONE PLAYER that caused their downfall. They lost both centers (Shaq and Z), their best bench guard (Delonte), Mo Williams, Jemario Moon, their coach Mike Brown and their GM Danny Ferry. That's 5 Key Starters/Rotation guys other than Lebron, your GM and coach. Not to mention Andy was hurt all year. If the Cavs would've suited up everyone but Lebron and kept their GM and Coach, 40 wins easily.

# 13 plumplylumpkin @ 11/01/11 08:58 PM
09-10 nets. 10 - 72

# 14 _-King-_ @ 11/01/11 09:26 PM
I'd love for the 2002-03 Cavs team to be in the game. That's more or less my favorite team ever.

# 15 btiberi @ 11/01/11 10:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaySmooov
They didn't "lose" Mo Williams and Jamario Moon, they traded them to the Clippers for Baron Davis. Baron Davis, IMO is better than Mo Williams and is arguably one of the best PGs in the game when he's all-in. That's just been Davis' issue, he can be a top 5-10 PG one week or 3, and be bad the next. Just inconsistent.

As for Jamario Moon and Delonte West, they were just replaceable bench guys. I mean, They're essentially the same guys as Samardo Samuels, Christian Eyenga, and Manny Harris.

The Cavs need to get rid of guys like Boobie "I practice with Channing Frye in the offseason" Gibson. Seriously, that guy just chucks up threes with no regard for shooting percentage.
Delonte West is definitely not on the same level as Samardo Samuels, Christian Eyenga, and Manny Harris. He's an above average defender, pretty consistent shooter from mid-range and streaky shooter from three. Plus, good teams actually want him, which you probably couldn't say about Samuels, Eyenga, and Harris.

# 16 sunsaz @ 11/01/11 10:32 PM
No love for the '96 Raptors? ANYTHING to get the dino jerseys in the game!

# 17 rangerrick012 @ 11/01/11 10:45 PM
The Cavs weren't worst of all time bad, they still had good wins over the Lakers and Celtics if I remember correctly.

Just looked at their schedule, they did manage to beat a few playoff teams - Celtics, Lakers, Sixers (x2), Grizzlies, Knicks (x3), and the mighty Heat. Record-wise they weren't even the worse team last year (T'Wolves), though they might have the weaker roster. But the fact that they didn't even finish w the worse record in a season pretty much kills any argument for them as the worse team of all time IMO.

# 18 richmo @ 11/01/11 11:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthBeach
So you're saying a guy who took Boobie Gibson and Sasha Pavlovic as starters in the backcourt to the Finals couldn't get 40 wins with Anderson Varejao (one of the best defensive bigs in the NBA), Antawn Jamison and Baron Davis?

# 19 wallofhate @ 11/01/11 11:57 PM
Question is how much would you have to pay players to be a part of the "worst" teams of all times

# 20 SouthBeach @ 11/02/11 12:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by richmo
So you're saying a guy who took Boobie Gibson and Sasha Pavlovic as starters in the backcourt to the Finals couldn't get 40 wins with Anderson Varejao (one of the best defensive bigs in the NBA), Antawn Jamison and Baron Davis?
No.

If you read it, you'd see that I was saying Cleveland would not get 40 wins with their current squad without LeBron.

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.