Home
NCAA Football 12 News Post

In the NCAA series, not all poorly rated teams are created equal. In an article from last month, I talked about some teams that are set up well for a building or rebuilding project. These are not those teams. Instead, the teams on this list feature an often shocking lack of talent and a tremendous uphill battle for relevance ahead. Looking for a challenge? Take one of these teams for a spin.

Read More - Five Toughest Programs for Dynasty Mode in NCAA Football 12

Game: NCAA Football 12Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 104 - View All
NCAA Football 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 BenGerman @ 11/08/11 11:34 AM
Nice article. I've been thinking about going back to NCAA for a little while for a Dynasty fix.

# 2 KingV2k3 @ 11/08/11 11:40 AM
Another nice read, with some great dynasty suggestions, MMCS...

I usually don't drop below the LA Tech / SMU / Wyoming level in my rebuild projects, but I'm sure at some point, I'll revisit this article and try on a mega stinker...

Confused about the luv for the Kibbie Dome tho...

I've read similar before, but when I played against Idaho there, it just seemed like a really under lit, tiny Superdome...

???

# 3 Redskinsfan26 @ 11/08/11 11:53 AM
Like you said, Eastern Michigan is absolutely horrible. Won 2 games my first year, then 4 the next year. Boise State offered me a OC job so of course I took it

# 4 wazzucoug02 @ 11/08/11 12:22 PM
I've read similar before, but when I played against Idaho there, it just seemed like a really under lit, tiny Superdome...

It's even worse than that in real life.

# 5 OGKing @ 11/08/11 01:57 PM
Some other teams that are tough to rebuild IMO are: Wyoming, CMU, and Colorado State

# 6 hoopla32 @ 11/08/11 02:08 PM
I love articles like these. I'm kind of surprised Kent State was on the list and not Akron, though, who I think starts year one ranked either 119 or 120 in the preseason poll. I think their overall rating is on par with Eastern Michigan.

I'm actually in year four of a Kent State dynasty. It was a little rough in the beginning but not that bad overall. I've got them up to a three star prestige, now, and won the MAC in year three.

# 7 Jadakiss88 @ 11/08/11 04:35 PM
UAB is by far the hardest team to build up...no running game, defense no existent, can't recruit anybody over a 2 star due to the fact you have Troy in the Sunbelt, Bama, and Auburn in the SEC. You can't upgrade the stadium and Legion Field is trash in real life. And they love to play tough SEC teams every year. I managed to throw for 400 yds on Florida with them but after that I couldn't move the ball.

# 8 cowboys9731 @ 11/08/11 05:35 PM
Great article. I started a dynasty with Washington State and it is great. I got lucky and got a 4* WR and 4*RB. I really focused on recruiting the first year and it paid off. The schedule is tough, but can be done.

# 9 YeOldTonk @ 11/08/11 06:06 PM
I have to agree with the Washington State mention. Started a dynasty with them and its quite brutal. Great challenge though!

# 10 ridemooses @ 11/08/11 06:53 PM
Good stuff. Last year I played Western Kentucky and they were by far the worst team in D1 but apparently this year they turned it around. I made a decision to only get Madden this year but after reading this article, even with the patch issues, I'm a little saddened that I didn't get NCAA. Building from the basement up is always fun!

# 11 WazzuRC @ 11/08/11 08:16 PM
Marcus Richmond isn't the SS. It's Deone Buchanon.

# 12 bomccready @ 11/08/11 08:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WazzuRC
Marcus Richmond isn't the SS. It's Deone Buchanon.
Thanks, Wazzu - good catch. I wrote this article using the Fairdale Kings named rosters rather than looking up the schools' rosters online. I see that Richmond is no longer on the team and Deone Bucannon is the new #20 for the Cougars - my mistake, and something to note for anyone that's using that set of named rosters!

# 13 bomccready @ 11/08/11 08:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingV2k3
Another nice read, with some great dynasty suggestions, MMCS...

I usually don't drop below the LA Tech / SMU / Wyoming level in my rebuild projects, but I'm sure at some point, I'll revisit this article and try on a mega stinker...

Confused about the luv for the Kibbie Dome tho...

???
You basically nailed what I like about the Kibbie Dome. This game features a ton of giant round stadiums that are indistinguishable from one another. The Kibbie Dome, though, is unique, for better or for worse. It feels nothing like an FBS-caliber facility, and I think that's part of the charm!

# 14 OGKing @ 11/08/11 09:08 PM
The "WAC" conference sign doesn't even change in the kibble dome when you switch conferences with Idaho, that's what turns me off about them.

# 15 TDenverFan @ 11/08/11 09:40 PM
I personally dislike the Kibbie Dome. Way too small. I like larger stadiums, so when I become a powerhouse I can have a decent home turf advantage.

Last year I used SDSU (Qualcomm, 70k ish) and this year Western Michigan (32kish). I also built a D- overall TB team with the Generik 50k stadium.

# 16 terpsfan1978 @ 11/09/11 09:04 AM
I rebuilt Akron and won the national championship in year 4. I play heisman default sliders. I had to move the team to the big ten year 4 because I got the go daddy bowl every time in the MAC even though I went 11-1 each year.

Basically to compensate for talent I just recruited Corner backs with high speed, agililty, and acceleration and put them in as WR and RB.

I play a 5-2 pinch defense. Works great unless there is a screen pass or spread offense. Gotta make sure to have secondary play soft and get that inside LB to blitz the QB.

# 17 Riderfan @ 11/10/11 01:33 AM
Currently in year 3 of my Buffalo Bulls OD. Now there's a depressing roster. But this season I managed a 10-2 record, made even more notable that one of the wins was a huge upset vs. Michigan! (Two losses were vs. NIU and Ole Miss) One of the keys to the team was a 3* QB I recruited in year 1. His name was Donnie Ferguson (the pic was even a redhead!) and he was a 6'3" 263 lbs. QB with decent speed and good throwing power. I gotta admit I only put him on my board because the stocky Irishman amused me. Well, when I see his stats, he's the sleeper of the draft. 81 OVR as a true freshman, he's become the lynchpin of the Buffalo offense right now. Hard to bring down, fast enough to snare a few yards and tough enough to run over corners. And while he's not the most accurate arm, there's plenty of power behind it. And I've got him for 3 more years!

# 18 Lhawk @ 11/10/11 04:53 AM
I started off with kent st. at oc went to a bowl game my first two years then left for nc state. now I'm head coach at Syracuse. Last year I played 15 years with North texas truned them in to a 5 star team could never get in the championship game

# 19 Kcordloh @ 11/10/11 05:08 PM
If it's a true sim style dynasty where wins are hard to get, New Mexico in the new MWC has been insanely hard for me to get wins with (losses to AF, BSU, TCU, SDSU, Arkansas, Texas Tech, and Wyoming). 5-7

Year #2 was worse, with losses to Texas, Texas Tech, BSU, Nevada, Hawaii, Wyoming, Fresno State, and Air Force. (4-8)

Year #3 was better, with a few 2/3* recruits the year before, I managed to finish 6-6, missed going bowling though. Lost to TCU, BYU, Texas, BSU, Nevada, Fresno State.

# 20 ngw411 @ 11/23/11 08:24 PM
http://www.4shared.com/account/dir/k4F70Vz7/_online.html?rnd=41#dir=122818927 STADIUM SOUND

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.