Home
NBA 2K12 News Post

Check out the latest NBA 2K12 Developer Insight with Producer Ben Bishop, as he talks about the upcoming Legends Showcase DLC, which will release on November 29th for both PS3 and 360.

Quote:
Ben Bishop here, one of the producers for NBA 2K12. I’m going to get into some of the details regarding our latest addition to the game, the Legends Showcase DLC. This is a project we’ve been pretty excited about for quite some time. First off, I think it’s important to note that this is something we’ve had in the works from the early stages of NBA 2K12’s development cycle. We felt like with all the great things we were doing with Legend players in NBA’s Greatest mode, there was still room for more. We really liked the idea of the NBA’s Greatest teams helping to end the debate about the greatest team of all-time. But that left open a pretty big follow-up question: who is the greatest player of all-time? And with that, the Legends Showcase was born.

This is not Blacktop mode revisited or some simple mode that we yanked off the disc at the last minute. The amount of content we added, from art and presentation to animations and AI, required several months of dedicated time from the team and there’s simply no way it could have been included in NBA 2K12. Legends Showcase really is a full-on unique product that offers a completely different experience from what you get in the main game.

Game: NBA 2K12Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 102 - View All
NBA 2K12 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 VDusen04 @ 11/28/11 12:30 PM
I've heard rumors the new legends have been found on the disc, though all with black arms. Is there any truth to this? As in, might they be able to be hexed into the actual game?

# 62 ManiacMatt1782 @ 11/28/11 12:58 PM
Quote:
And finally, don’t forget that with the Legends Showcase, you will open up a new option in the Online portion of the main game called Classic Quick Match. This gives you a chance to play online with all of the NBA’s Greatest teams in a standard simulation setting. This is completely outside of the Times Square, cell-shaded DLC environment and with only these all-time teams to choose from, it will hopefully help maintain an even playing field. Additionally, you’ll also have full roster control over all those NBA’s Greatest teams so you can bring them into Association mode, or edit, trade, and release players, you can do all that too.
The first part is making me buy it most likely, and if the last part includes online association, then I am happier than a pig in ****! Sadly I have this funny feeling that they won't be included for OA.

# 63 sunsaz @ 11/28/11 02:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
I've heard rumors the new legends have been found on the disc, though all with black arms. Is there any truth to this? As in, might they be able to be hexed into the actual game?
The cyberface CAP makers in the Rosters forum have been making them along with the rookies for some time now. Although my big question is will the black arms be fixed upon the DLC's arrival? I inquired about them re-hexing the players to test this theory, but I haven't heard anything yet.

# 64 Canquain @ 11/28/11 02:57 PM
Hey does anyone know if with the DLC we will be able to use My Players online?

# 65 cdub71323 @ 11/28/11 06:23 PM
Why would you have all of these legends yet not be able to put them onto actual rosters?

Definitely won't be getting my money until they make this possible. Really not that hard to patch something like this, but with so many people complaining about this, you would think they would already address it.

Badly dropped the ball on this DLC

# 66 VDusen04 @ 11/28/11 08:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsaz
The cyberface CAP makers in the Rosters forum have been making them along with the rookies for some time now. Although my big question is will the black arms be fixed upon the DLC's arrival? I inquired about them re-hexing the players to test this theory, but I haven't heard anything yet.
Apologies for being daft, but what exactly do you mean the CAP makers in the Rosters forum have been able to make them? As in, they've found the likes of Rick Barry, Dan Majerle, and Bob Cousy on the disc and they're uploading them to 2K Share, except they're coming with black arms?

# 67 lsalas76 @ 11/28/11 10:25 PM
Does anybody know what time will this be available tomorrow? I'm indifferent about this DLC but really only getting it to be able to play with legend teams online and for the ability to do roster edits which we really shouldn't have had to pay for but oh well I would rather pay for it than not have these features at all.

# 68 lsalas76 @ 11/28/11 10:28 PM
Quote:
Apologies for being daft, but what exactly do you mean the CAP makers in the Rosters forum have been make them? As in, they've found the likes of Rick Barry, Dan Majerle, and Bob Cousy on the disc and they're uploading them to 2K Share, except they're coming with black arms?
yep thats correct but I'm not sure if they have found ALL the new legends (from the DLC that is coming out tomorrow)yet. Many have been found already though.

# 69 VDusen04 @ 11/28/11 10:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsalas76
yep thats correct but I'm not sure if they have found ALL the new legends (from the DLC that is coming out tomorrow)yet. Many have been found already though.
Awesome, thanks. Like you, I was also wondering when the DLC would be released. Is there a typical release time window for DLCs?

# 70 sportjames23 @ 11/28/11 11:00 PM
Quote:
This is true. Downloaded Chambers, KJ and Majerle, and all had touched up faces (meaning not the same faces from previous 2K games) and black arms. So yeah, the Legends are on the disc. Hopefully with the release of the DLC, the black arm problem will go away.

# 71 Thenbaeveryday @ 11/28/11 11:42 PM
What time is it coming out? Like exact time? Im gonna be posting up footage immediately

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheNbaEveryday

# 72 sportjames23 @ 11/28/11 11:48 PM
Usually, DLCs for Xbox Live are released around 5 or 6am ET. DLCs for PSN usually around 5pm ET.

# 73 OGKing @ 11/28/11 11:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsalas76

It's a hack, they didn't find them, they just hacked em in somehow.

# 74 hokupguy @ 11/29/11 12:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OGKing
It's a hack, they didn't find them, they just hacked em in somehow.
what? its not hack there on the is disc already, you just change one player code for another. But they all have black arms and with out the DLC they still will. ITs not pc man only on the pc you can say or don something like that.

# 75 sportjames23 @ 11/29/11 01:06 AM
hokup, has it been confirmed that the black arm problem will go away with the release of the DLC (for those that buy it)?

# 76 infam0us @ 11/29/11 01:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportjames23
hokup, has it been confirmed that the black arm problem will go away with the release of the DLC (for those that buy it)?
It should this is probably what they will do with the rookies minus this being a DLC.

# 77 hokupguy @ 11/29/11 01:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportjames23
it should , if not there will be some pissed off people tomorrow. This DLC will work like the update they did for 2k11 cavs court. It will make you download new art which will replace the black arms. The Time sq arena in roster file if you look at it in hex. But if you swap it out with another arena nothing is there.

We should be good. I will get 1st thing in morning, and my be late to work. i will post what i know as soon as i know it in the hex editiing thread.

# 78 hokupguy @ 11/29/11 01:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by infam0us
It should this is probably what they will do with the rookies minus this being a DLC.
you are correct, and they also stated awhile back that they will have dynamic player updates during the season like if dirk shave his head then you have a shaved head dirk. that how there adding many of the new nike id shoes

# 79 sportjames23 @ 11/29/11 01:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hokupguy
it should , if not there will be some pissed off people tomorrow. This DLC will work like the update they did for 2k11 cavs court. It will make you download new art which will replace the black arms. The Time sq arena in roster file if you look at it in hex. But if you swap it out with another arena nothing is there.

We should be good. I will get 1st thing in morning, and my be late to work. i will post what i know as soon as i know it in the hex editiing thread.

# 80 Thenbaeveryday @ 11/29/11 03:13 AM
where is it? its already 2 am

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.