Home
NBA 2K12 News Post

Check out the latest NBA 2K12 Developer Insight with Producer Ben Bishop, as he talks about the upcoming Legends Showcase DLC, which will release on November 29th for both PS3 and 360.

Quote:
Ben Bishop here, one of the producers for NBA 2K12. I’m going to get into some of the details regarding our latest addition to the game, the Legends Showcase DLC. This is a project we’ve been pretty excited about for quite some time. First off, I think it’s important to note that this is something we’ve had in the works from the early stages of NBA 2K12’s development cycle. We felt like with all the great things we were doing with Legend players in NBA’s Greatest mode, there was still room for more. We really liked the idea of the NBA’s Greatest teams helping to end the debate about the greatest team of all-time. But that left open a pretty big follow-up question: who is the greatest player of all-time? And with that, the Legends Showcase was born.

This is not Blacktop mode revisited or some simple mode that we yanked off the disc at the last minute. The amount of content we added, from art and presentation to animations and AI, required several months of dedicated time from the team and there’s simply no way it could have been included in NBA 2K12. Legends Showcase really is a full-on unique product that offers a completely different experience from what you get in the main game.

Game: NBA 2K12Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 102 - View All
NBA 2K12 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 sportjames23 @ 11/29/11 03:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thenbaeveryday
where is it? its already 2 am

*points to his old post*

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportjames23
Usually, DLCs for Xbox Live are released around 5 or 6am ET. DLCs for PSN usually around 5pm ET.

# 82 daveberg @ 11/29/11 03:44 AM
Then there's absolutely no point to this DLC if that's the case. Why make the effort to include tons of new legends if you can't use them in the main game. Might as well sold this in stores as a seperate game entirely instead of an add on.

# 83 ManiacMatt1782 @ 11/29/11 08:24 AM
Anyone who bought the DLC, can you use legends in private online associations.

# 84 NickTheQuick31 @ 11/29/11 09:56 PM
read through the thread but couldnt find answers to some of the questions I want answered. Can someone with the DLC tell me if:

Can you edit all players ages?

Do rookies still have black arms, or has the DLC fixed this?

If I have my roster saved to multiple slots, will the DLC corrupt all rosters I have?

Thanks for any feedback.

# 85 Sellaz32 @ 11/29/11 10:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickTheQuick31
read through the thread but couldnt find answers to some of the questions I want answered. Can someone with the DLC tell me if:

If I have my roster saved to multiple slots, will the DLC corrupt all rosters I have?

Thanks for any feedback.
It will NOT corrupt all the roster saves. Only the one that it was on prior to playing DLC. Still can't edit ages. And I don't know about the online question.

# 86 VDusen04 @ 11/29/11 10:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickTheQuick31

Thanks for any feedback.
1. I have the DLC. The birthdays and birthdates of classic players are still darkened and unable to be edited.

2. I don't know anything about the rookie black arms.

3. I also would not want to make any certain statements about file corruption. The roster I had going prior to the DLC was unaffected by the DLC itself. I do not have auto-save on but I don't know if that makes a difference. Other people are experiencing issues so again, I don't really know what's going on there.

Edit: Looks like I was beaten to the punch.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.