Home
NBA 2K12 News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

The NBA 2K12 Legends Showcase DLC is available now for 360 users. The DLC should be available for PS3, later this afternoon. For details about the DLC, click here.

Queue it up right here, if you're on 360 (800 Points)

Play a few games, test some things out and let us know what you are seeing.

2K Sports Announces NBA® 2K12 Legends Showcase Add-on Content Now Available

Adds hours of play with more than 300 basketball legends and all-new gameplay modes

New York, NY – November 29, 2011 – 2K Sports announced today that Legends Showcase, the downloadable add-on content for NBA® 2K12, is now available for $9.99 via PlayStation® Network for the PlayStation® 3 computer entertainment system and for 800 Microsoft Points via Xbox LIVE® Marketplace for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft.

“2K Sports is committed to supporting NBA 2K12 by providing fans with exciting and engaging downloadable content,” said Greg Thomas, president of product development for 2K Sports. “We’re proud to present Legends Showcase as the first add-on package for the franchise. The new modes and legends will provide NBA fans with even more content to satisfy their professional basketball hunger.”

Legends Showcase creates a truly unique basketball experience for all fans, featuring a new, cell-shaded art style set in New York City’s iconic Times Square. It will enhance NBA 2K12 by providing a never-seen-before gaming experience, giving fans an all-new way to end the debate over who is the greatest basketball player of all time.

Legends Showcase allows gamers to select from more than 300 of the NBA’s all-time greatest players, including Michael Jordan, Larry Bird, Magic Johnson and Dr. J, and compete in authentic pick-up games from 1-on-1 up to 5-on-5. Legends Showcase also features mini-games, such as 21 and H-O-R-S-E, along with other new features like the 2-on-2 Teammate Challenge and 3-on-3 Era Challenge. Gamers can also unlock current NBA players to create unique match-ups between legends and current stars. Finally, for the ultimate challenge, gamers can bring their My Player into the mix and battle the legends of the NBA to see how they stack up against the best ever.

Legends Showcase also includes Classic Quick Match, a new mode that allows gamers to play online with the “NBA’s Greatest” teams in a regular simulation setting.

NBA 2K12 is now available at leading video game retailers nationwide for the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 system, PlayStation® 2 computer entertainment system, Wii, PSP® (PlayStation® Portable) system and Windows PC. Legends Showcase* is add-on content for NBA 2K12 and now available to be downloaded via PlayStation® Network or Xbox LIVE.

*Add-on content. Requires NBA 2K12 to play.

NBA 2K12 is rated E for Everyone by the ESRB. For more information on 2K Sports, visit www.2KSports.com. For more information on NBA 2K12, visit http://www.facebook.com/NBA2K.

Game: NBA 2K12Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 102 - View All
NBA 2K12 Videos
Member Comments
# 221 LoSoisNiCEx414 @ 12/04/11 01:00 PM
Ok, I havent been on here in a while, but I have the DLC. And I love it! But for only 1 reason. The ability to play rank matches online with the classic teams. As far as the cell shaded modes. Its boring to me. Its just blacktop with cartoonish players. So in my opinion if your not a rank match type of guy then this might not be for you.

# 222 VDusen04 @ 12/04/11 02:32 PM
The achievement for winning a three-on-three game by hitting only three pointers is proving to be very difficult for an unforeseen reason: teammates tip-dunk way too well. It feels as though I must hit 5-6 threes in a row in order to cross this achievement off, for it seems the one time I miss a shot, it's being tip-dunked automatically, ruining the "three" streak.

# 223 stlpimpmonsta @ 12/05/11 02:02 AM
Love Classic Rank but it said wach people clearly not knowing how to play with these teams.

One guy used the 86-87 lakers while i use the 88-89 pistons and all he did was shoot hook shots with Magic all game and constantly missed them.

Another player(name was xHighFly3rx) used the 98 Lakers and cheesed all day but luckily i hit 2 3s with Jaren Jackson to force OT and won then but i couldnt upload the replays cause he quit once he knew he was going to lose.

Also i gotta say it was nice beating both 95-96 bulls and 94-95 Magic with the Rockets.The first one i dominated Luc Longley with Hakeem, the other i pretty much took Shaq and Penny out of the game with my D(Nick Anderson did hit some bs shot though).

# 224 Jaybird10000 @ 12/05/11 10:40 AM
Ok I am thinking about buying the dlc for ps3 , but I would like to know if there are a lot of glitches or if it messes up you rosters. Also will it erase the pre order 01-02 kings and 90-91 warriors. One more question can you edit all the original legendary teams nowand make like a super great laker or Celtic or any other team?

# 225 stlpimpmonsta @ 12/05/11 10:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaybird10000
Ok I am thinking about buying the dlc for ps3 , but I would like to know if there are a lot of glitches or if it messes up you rosters. Also will it erase the pre order 01-02 kings and 90-91 warriors. One more question can you edit all the original legendary teams nowand make like a super great laker or Celtic or any other team?
it didnt erase my teams and after you beat the modes inside the showcase, yes you can make super teams if you want since you can then move the players freely

# 226 Jaybird10000 @ 12/05/11 10:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stlpimpmonsta
it didnt erase my teams and after you beat the modes inside the showcase, yes you can make super teams if you want since you can then move the players freely
Thanks man, and that includes all of the legends right. From both the original legend teams and the dlc legends?

# 227 Jaybird10000 @ 12/05/11 12:25 PM
I jUst had one more question for anyone, where do you go to purchase the dlc, do you just purchase off your ps3 at the playstation store, and do you know when the patch is going to be available so I can do that on the same day?

# 228 VDusen04 @ 12/05/11 12:29 PM
I just completed the 21 achievement (shutting all three opponents out in 21). The funny thing is that it gives you 21 gamer points, so my inconsequential gamer score will likely forever be a weird odd number now.

In other news, does anyone know what building they're referring to as the "Tall" building in HORSE? I thought the building to the right of the basket would be it. But I've drained a shot from up there and did not receive an achievement. I wonder now if perhaps I quit the game before it acknowledged.

# 229 stlpimpmonsta @ 12/05/11 11:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaybird10000
Thanks man, and that includes all of the legends right. From both the original legend teams and the dlc legends?
just the Greatest's legends unless you got an hex roster from 2k share.

# 230 Jaybird10000 @ 12/06/11 01:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stlpimpmonsta
just the Greatest's legends unless you got an hex roster from 2k share.
Thanks man I have a 2k share, I appreciate you.

# 231 bigball12 @ 12/06/11 02:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
The achievement for winning a three-on-three game by hitting only three pointers is proving to be very difficult for an unforeseen reason: teammates tip-dunk way too well. It feels as though I must hit 5-6 threes in a row in order to cross this achievement off, for it seems the one time I miss a shot, it's being tip-dunked automatically, ruining the "three" streak.
Yeah, I used the 2000's team with Nash, KG & Shaq. The first two tries I made 3 in a row with Nash only to have Shaq tip it in. HAHA. I finally went 6 for 7 with Nash to get the achievement.

# 232 NINJAK2 @ 12/06/11 06:58 PM
Part of me hopes 2k incorporates the failed steal attempt animations from this mode into the main game. Just finished the 2 on 2 teammate mode last night and noticed you get completely screwed and taken out of position on unsuccessful steal attempts..Hope it's like that in online play with the new patch.

# 233 broadrivr @ 12/06/11 07:27 PM
Just bought it today and loving the online classic quick match, was absolutely no lag

# 234 VDusen04 @ 12/06/11 10:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigball12
Yeah, I used the 2000's team with Nash, KG & Shaq. The first two tries I made 3 in a row with Nash only to have Shaq tip it in. HAHA. I finally went 6 for 7 with Nash to get the achievement.
Yep, finally experienced success myself in that regard today, using Jerry West (alongside Oscar Robertson and Bill Russell).

# 235 Jaybird10000 @ 12/10/11 08:20 AM
Just bought the dlc yesterday and I have to say it is pretty badassss, it didn't mess up any of my files and I can move around the legends to current teams, the gameplay itself is ok but I like the association mode, now can start my season.

# 236 ezio @ 12/12/11 08:16 PM
Can you use the additional teams from the DLC offline? or just online?

# 237 iva0812 @ 12/13/11 03:06 AM
Okay so I finished the 2v2 challenge in the Legends Showcase but I haven't been able to use any legends in the Create A Legend Mode. Am I missing something here?

# 238 econoodle @ 12/13/11 02:43 PM
when u move the current players into this DLC, they take on the cell shaded look?

# 239 BBallGuru @ 12/14/11 07:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by econoodle
when u move the current players into this DLC, they take on the cell shaded look?
Yes, every player used in Legends Showcase has the cell shaded look.

# 240 georgiafan @ 04/11/12 04:40 PM
so what new teams is in this DLC?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.