Home
Pro Evolution Soccer 2012 News Post

Konami has released the details for the upcoming PES 2012 patch.

As a result of continuous feedback from our users we’ve once again worked on certain improvements to the performance of goalkeepers, this time stopping balls from long-distance shots.

We’ve also added the option to search for opponents based on their pass support settings, which will replace Friendly Match or Player Match (depending on version) in Quick Match mode. The Speed Star skill card will also be adjusted to improve realism.

We have also been able to identify some minor issues which occur on very specific occasions. Our commitment is to continue to deliver the best football experience to all our fans, so the next patch will also fix the following:
  • Issues with one or more players given a red card in a match, but 11 players available after loading formation
  • In the myPES application, we have corrected the situation where a draw result is given after win/lose on the penalties
  • Occasionally meaningless numbers were appearing when accessing the Community menu from the Community Card list
  • Formation data in the Formation settings on the Game Plan screen can only be saved from the P1 controller
  • Game data can be saved/loaded for both sides if you exit the Data Management menu while your opponent is saving/loading the game data and then enter the Data Management menu again on the Game Plan screen
  • Also, some situations where the game was hanging out or freezing have been solved. Included those on the Online, Become a Legend and Edition modes, and while selecting some Game Plan combinations.

Source - PES 2012 Gets Another Update (Konami)

Game: Pro Evolution Soccer 2012Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 4 - View All
Pro Evolution Soccer 2012 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 aloncho11 @ 12/06/11 08:59 PM
Nice! Thanks for the news.

# 2 Altimus @ 12/07/11 02:06 AM
Disappointing patch news.

The fact that they failed to mention free kick accuracy for the AI is disappointing. I know they mention long shot fixes for keepers but that isn't the problem IMO. The problem is how everyone is Ronaldo on free kicks.

I was also hoping for slight adjustments to shooting and fixing the defensive AI at times. Odd occurrences happen where defender will just get locked up. Example, Villa strike the woodwork and Bosingwa just doesn't know what to do. The ball falls right next to him and he just stands there and watches it. When I switch to him I couldn't move him. The end result is Bent running to the ball and putting it in the back of the net.

Some minor Master League fixes would have done wonders as well. I know they won't come but they should. International games last year was nice but this game it is horrible. They put games on a Thursday and then you have a huge league game on a Saturday? Really? Plus I'm tired of the moaning and complaining system. Everyone is Carlos Tevez.

# 3 Altimus @ 12/15/11 12:51 PM
Looks like the patch has been released.

Sent from my HTC EVO

# 4 Altimus @ 12/16/11 01:21 AM
Played three games post patch and can't tell much of a difference. It might seem like the defense plays smarter for your AI teammates but it's difficult to tell for sure.

# 5 LingeringRegime @ 12/16/11 04:19 AM
I noticed that the GK's do react a little better. Playing defense is still an adventure.

# 6 jesmith29 @ 12/16/11 08:19 PM
I had a dream that patch 1.03 actually got rid of the AI assuming controll of your player and taking him on 30 yards sprints after a ball.

I than woke up.

# 7 spit_bubble @ 12/17/11 02:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesmith29
I had a dream that patch 1.03 actually got rid of the AI assuming controll of your player and taking him on 30 yards sprints after a ball...
R1 + R2 = FTW!

# 8 jesmith29 @ 12/17/11 03:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spit_bubble
R1 + R2 = FTW!
I know that. My point has always been it should not have to be like that. The player I controll should never be taken over by the AI unless I choose it. Why they got rid of L1 from last year is beyond me. L1 gave contoll to the AI in 2011 PES.

# 9 spit_bubble @ 12/18/11 12:14 AM
Just got a bunch of games in, and keepers are noticeably better on shots from distance.

The more I play this game, the more it creeps up my list of favorite sports video games I've ever played. Yeah it's got a few peculiarities, but they are minor and don't show up all that often. The variety of play, the difference in players and teams, the very solid AI, and new defensive controls... All very very well done.

Currently playing through BAL as Ribery and getting some lovely play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesmith29
I know that. My point has always been it should not have to be like that. The player I controll should never be taken over by the AI unless I choose it. Why they got rid of L1 from last year is beyond me. L1 gave contoll to the AI in 2011 PES.
?

In BAL?

L1 still equals auto move. Maybe you have it turned off? I know when I started this new BAL with Ribery the default had auto move set to off.

Regardless, not that hard to press R1 and R2 to cancel the animation. PES has pretty much always required a lot animation canceling.

# 10 jesmith29 @ 12/23/11 08:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spit_bubble
In BAL?

L1 still equals auto move. Maybe you have it turned off? I know when I started this new BAL with Ribery the default had auto move set to off.

Regardless, not that hard to press R1 and R2 to cancel the animation. PES has pretty much always required a lot animation canceling.
You're right! I did have auto move set to off. I thought it meant something else. Never thought they would change how it worked from 2011. With Auto Move set to on, it seems like the AI taking controll isn't as pronounced. I personally don't like having to hit R1+R2 to cancel. You basically have to hold R1R2 constantly while in the box to make sure your player doesn't go on mad dashes. Just my .02.

Thanks for the tip SB.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.