Home
NBA 2K12 News Post

The NBA 2K12 patch 1.04 will arrive within the next 24 hours, for 360 and PlayStation 3 consoles.

Below are the full details for NBA 2K12 Patch v1.04 with NBA 2K12 iOS patch notes, at the bottom.

• Fixed an issue that would cause large-user Team-Up games to hang at halftime if all users watched the halftime show in-full.
  • Addressed an issue that would lead to a disconnect in subsequent games when one or more users modified their playbook for the current game.
  • A number of Association: Online optimizations were made to greatly minimize disconnects.
  • Additionally, general optimization improvements were made in order to improve the overall online experience.
GENERAL
  • The ‘Back to Back to Back’ and ‘My All-Star’ trophies/achievements should now unlock under the proper conditions.
  • Previously unlocked NBA’s Greatest games and ‘Gift with Purchase’ Kings/Warriors teams will now remain unlocked after playing and exiting the Association/My Player game modes.
  • Fixed an issue where the roster would become corrupt when attempting to enter the ‘Legends Showcase’ with unsaved roster changes.
  • Fixed a rare issue that would cause the game to hang when attempting to skip the pre-game presentation in Season and Playoff modes.
  • Corrected an issue where players could become duplicated after editing a Created Team.
  • “PIPPEN” dunk package has been updated so that it can be re-assigned to Pippen when switched off of him.
  • Addressed issue where Created Players are assigned Cold Zones for all shot locations. This change applies for all generated players in Association/My Player modes as well.
  • The Adidas Zig Pro Future and ZigEncore shoes should now have the correct shoe image associated with them.
GAMEPLAY
  • Increased the velocity of lob passes into the post so they are less vulnerable to tips and steals.
  • Reduced steal success when the defender attempts a steal from behind the ballhandler.
  • Tuned player lunges on steal attempts such that they don’t cover an unrealistic amount of ground.
  • Tuned AI passes from the wing down into the post. The AI is now smarter during this situation, specifically where the perimeter defender is sagging off the ballhandler in anticipation of this pass.
  • Corrected an issue where during online gameplay, a shot ball would ‘re-launch’ even after it had been blocked.
  • Tuned AI playcalling during late-game situations so that they initiate plays faster.
  • Fixed an issue where the CPU ballhandler would take too long to pass (or in some cases, not pass the ball at all) when running a play in My Player.
  • Addressed an issue where the user would inadvertently commit an intentional foul with a defender when attempting to contest a shot with his hands up.
  • Tuned animation selection that would cause a player to lose forward momentum when attempting a Swat Block.
  • Addressed a specific case where attempting a pass fake would cause the pass to be thrown.
  • 8-second violations will no longer be called when the ball is poked loose and enters the backcourt.
  • Training Camp: Triple Threat drill score requirements lowered in order to make it a little easier to complete the drill.
  • Legends Showcase: Fixed a hang that would occur when the AI would recover a loose ball by diving for the ball and then sitting idle with it.
  • Legends Showcase: Addressed a case where players who did not meet the requirements were able to throw a flashy pass.
MY PLAYER
  • Corrected an issue where the game would hang after winning the NBA Finals in My Player mode.
  • Trading logic has been greatly improved in this mode. In particular, your team’s GM will no longer overhaul the roster once you join the team.
  • Your team’s GM will now do a better job of acquiring one of your recommended players when he comes to you asking for potential trade targets. Be careful what you ask for!
  • Fixed an issue where both teams in a game would be using the wrong playbooks on occasion.
  • A few select season-long milestones (e.g. Shoot 85% or better from the free throw line) should now properly unlock when the prerequisite conditions are met.
  • The camera should now properly follow the action in your Signature Shoe Commercial.
THE ASSOCIATION
  • A number of trade logic improvements have been made for this experience (these apply to Association: Online as well).
  • Addressed the CPU lineup building / player role allocation such that players no longer become unnecessarily upset with the direction of their respective teams.
  • New coaching staff is now generated when you get many years into the mode. This will result in sufficiently skilled coaches available to be hired.
__________________________________________________ ________

NBA2K12 iOS Patch Notes
__________________________________________________ ________

Graphics
  • Added dynamic lighting on players (iPhone 4S and iPad 2).
  • Improved lighting effects around the arena and on the crowd (iPhone 4S and iPad 2).
  • Improved player heads during replay and cut scenes.
  • Added more variety to the coach heads.
  • Increased number of bench players seen on the court during gameplay.
  • Fixed various graphical bugs throughout gameplay.
iCloud
  • Added iCloud support for saving Settings, Season, and Playoffs.
One-Finger Controls
  • Players on your team will begin to advance the ball automatically after a rebound
  • Players on your team will be more likely to drive, pump fake, post-up, and perform other actions.
  • Fast breaks are improved and will occur more frequently.
  • Better responsiveness in general.
Roster Updates
  • Added support for roster updates. A full roster update will be coming soon!
Other
  • Made lower Rookie and Pro difficulty levels slightly easier.
  • Fixed some commentary bugs.
  • Added a few player portraits that were missing.

Source - NBA 2K12 Game Update Patch v1.04 -- Patch Notes

Game: NBA 2K12Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 102 - View All
NBA 2K12 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 theenemy @ 12/13/11 06:45 PM
I hope it turns out they did a lousy job writing the patch notes! we shall see

# 42 Mos1ted @ 12/13/11 06:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerrick012
What a novel concept.
LOL, I want to show my fellow OS'ers that despite my constant complaining, I still can be reasonable.

# 43 The 24th Letter @ 12/13/11 06:47 PM
I'm the biggest stop whining, wait and see, optimistic dude in the world....but this year has turned me into what I hate....

It's not an attitude change, it's this game, lol

These guys have just stopped GAF. I just expect more. I will "wait and see" though

# 44 blues rocker @ 12/13/11 06:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10

GAMEPLAY
  • Increased the velocity of lob passes into the post so they are less vulnerable to tips and steals.
  • Reduced steal success when the defender attempts a steal from behind the ballhandler.
  • Tuned player lunges on steal attempts such that they don’t cover an unrealistic amount of ground.
  • Tuned AI passes from the wing down into the post. The AI is now smarter during this situation, specifically where the perimeter defender is sagging off the ballhandler in anticipation of this pass.
  • Corrected an issue where during online gameplay, a shot ball would ‘re-launch’ even after it had been blocked.
  • Tuned AI playcalling during late-game situations so that they initiate plays faster.
  • Fixed an issue where the CPU ballhandler would take too long to pass (or in some cases, not pass the ball at all) when running a play in My Player.
  • Addressed an issue where the user would inadvertently commit an intentional foul with a defender when attempting to contest a shot with his hands up.
  • Tuned animation selection that would cause a player to lose forward momentum when attempting a Swat Block.
  • Addressed a specific case where attempting a pass fake would cause the pass to be thrown.
  • 8-second violations will no longer be called when the ball is poked loose and enters the backcourt.
  • Training Camp: Triple Threat drill score requirements lowered in order to make it a little easier to complete the drill.
  • Legends Showcase: Fixed a hang that would occur when the AI would recover a loose ball by diving for the ball and then sitting idle with it.
  • Legends Showcase: Addressed a case where players who did not meet the requirements were able to throw a flashy pass.

oh well...guess i'll have to wait till next year for the good stuff.

# 45 ronyell @ 12/13/11 06:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanbarkley
yep, they don't even hit on the brand of those models...

dont worry about colorways... you'll be fixing those lol... hit on XBL big week for us

# 46 qnzballa5 @ 12/13/11 06:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxBuck Nutsxx
Maybe because no where in those patch notes does it say they have fixed the MAJOR ISSUES with the gameplay everyone was looking for to be fixed in this "big patch".

It's annoying when I'm Antawn Jamison and I go up for a lay up inside and somehow get blocked by Rajon Rondo? That's just ridiculous..

100% agree.. Also no shot feedbac online really 2k?? Wait hol on still cant change jerseys online??? Still able to spin dunk at will.. Pfft thats all i have to say about 2k12 Online...

# 47 illicit305 @ 12/13/11 06:53 PM
LD2K please respond to if they fixed the offline association stats bug , i never even taken the time to register to this to post on here , but i seriously need to know ive been loyal to 2k for years now i really think the least i can have is the correct stats in my association ....

# 48 LionsFanNJ @ 12/13/11 06:55 PM
Yeah I'm starting to not believe trhe europeans in the other threads that said defense is better. They didn't do anything to defense and passing so I'm calling them all liars.

The damn head fakes in the paint and non commital I-can-stop-any-play-you-think-of-on-the-fastbreak-by-myself cpu defense hasn't seen any adjustments. Well then.

We'll see what happens when the patch drops. I'm never this pessimistic either but its just how it is.

# 49 L. BuЯNa @ 12/13/11 06:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
[*]The Adidas Zig Pro Future and ZigEncore shoes should now have the correct shoe image associated with them.
I hope they fix the Air Jordan XIII aswell.

# 50 Kurupt_XxX @ 12/13/11 06:56 PM
still cant turn on shot feedback online?

# 51 Goffs @ 12/13/11 06:56 PM
eh you guys are overreacting...maybe wait and play the patch first before going nuclear? we don't know if 2k did some under the hood stuff....there have been some positive feedback from the European players...

# 52 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 12/13/11 06:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by illicit305
LD2K please respond to if they fixed the offline association stats bug , i never even taken the time to register to this to post on here , but i seriously need to know ive been loyal to 2k for years now i really think the least i can have is the correct stats in my association ....
I guess I don't have to say welcome to the forum then lol

# 53 Rasco11 @ 12/13/11 06:57 PM
There's a big difference between complaining and noting our respective frustrations and concerns in a civil manner as compared to what is largely spread throughout much of this 2k lobby. Far too many putting the "win" in "whining" if you ask me. Crying for injustice when there is none.

# 54 qnzballa5 @ 12/13/11 07:02 PM
There will always be users on this site who will always give 2k a pass n say that they can do no wrong n jus wait lmao.. I saw the patch notes n it is terrible im sorry.. I thought they was going to go all out.. I mean really no change jerseys?? We had that since dreamcast lmaooooooooooooo.. No shot feedback online how easy it that??? Crazy blocks by pg's in the paint to centers etc??? The crazy speed issue?? Yet these r complaints right??? Give me a dam break..

# 55 blues rocker @ 12/13/11 07:08 PM
so....pretty much none of the problems i had with the gameplay were addressed....wow. talk about a lot of hype with no payoff.

i guess 2k spoiled us last year....2k11's patch addressed virtually every gameplay issue - last year the patch transformed 2k11 from a good game into a great game...this year it looks like they only fixed minor/buggy issues but did nothing to noticeably change the gameplay...

granted i know nothing about making video games, so maybe it was impossible for them to fix the major issues in a patch...but last year's patch really changed the game...this one....not so much.

# 56 youALREADYknow @ 12/13/11 07:12 PM
Gotta say that I would have been fine with this a month ago, but after such a long wait this is a bit disappointing.

The passing improvements should help the flow of the game a lot if done correctly.

The lunging steal animation being tweaked was clearly a positive change that users had no control over.

Trade logic improvements are always a good thing.

We're getting a few good changes but there's a lot left to fix in future patches.

# 57 Bdubb @ 12/13/11 07:12 PM
Steals, speed, and passing velocity were my biggest gripes with the game. Looks like two of them were addressed by the patch notes. Speed seems untouched it kills my fastbreaks when Rondo gets outran and blocked by Joel Anthony. This not being addressed is not a game killer for me like some people think, i'll still enjoy NBA 2k12 for what it is a video game.

# 58 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 12/13/11 07:14 PM
well... I guess custom roser and slider makers can take it from here.

# 59 oaba09 @ 12/13/11 07:16 PM
Question:
For the association changes, do I need to restart my association mode in order for the changes to take effect? I already invested a significant amount of time in my association mode so it would suck if I have to restart all over again(I'm already in season 5).

Thanks to anyone who'll answer.

# 60 RedSceptile @ 12/13/11 07:16 PM
I'll wait to play with this patch before I begin bitching I know I'm such a rebel!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.