Home
NBA 2K12 News Post

The NBA 2K12 patch 1.04 will arrive within the next 24 hours, for 360 and PlayStation 3 consoles.

Below are the full details for NBA 2K12 Patch v1.04 with NBA 2K12 iOS patch notes, at the bottom.

• Fixed an issue that would cause large-user Team-Up games to hang at halftime if all users watched the halftime show in-full.
  • Addressed an issue that would lead to a disconnect in subsequent games when one or more users modified their playbook for the current game.
  • A number of Association: Online optimizations were made to greatly minimize disconnects.
  • Additionally, general optimization improvements were made in order to improve the overall online experience.
GENERAL
  • The ‘Back to Back to Back’ and ‘My All-Star’ trophies/achievements should now unlock under the proper conditions.
  • Previously unlocked NBA’s Greatest games and ‘Gift with Purchase’ Kings/Warriors teams will now remain unlocked after playing and exiting the Association/My Player game modes.
  • Fixed an issue where the roster would become corrupt when attempting to enter the ‘Legends Showcase’ with unsaved roster changes.
  • Fixed a rare issue that would cause the game to hang when attempting to skip the pre-game presentation in Season and Playoff modes.
  • Corrected an issue where players could become duplicated after editing a Created Team.
  • “PIPPEN” dunk package has been updated so that it can be re-assigned to Pippen when switched off of him.
  • Addressed issue where Created Players are assigned Cold Zones for all shot locations. This change applies for all generated players in Association/My Player modes as well.
  • The Adidas Zig Pro Future and ZigEncore shoes should now have the correct shoe image associated with them.
GAMEPLAY
  • Increased the velocity of lob passes into the post so they are less vulnerable to tips and steals.
  • Reduced steal success when the defender attempts a steal from behind the ballhandler.
  • Tuned player lunges on steal attempts such that they don’t cover an unrealistic amount of ground.
  • Tuned AI passes from the wing down into the post. The AI is now smarter during this situation, specifically where the perimeter defender is sagging off the ballhandler in anticipation of this pass.
  • Corrected an issue where during online gameplay, a shot ball would ‘re-launch’ even after it had been blocked.
  • Tuned AI playcalling during late-game situations so that they initiate plays faster.
  • Fixed an issue where the CPU ballhandler would take too long to pass (or in some cases, not pass the ball at all) when running a play in My Player.
  • Addressed an issue where the user would inadvertently commit an intentional foul with a defender when attempting to contest a shot with his hands up.
  • Tuned animation selection that would cause a player to lose forward momentum when attempting a Swat Block.
  • Addressed a specific case where attempting a pass fake would cause the pass to be thrown.
  • 8-second violations will no longer be called when the ball is poked loose and enters the backcourt.
  • Training Camp: Triple Threat drill score requirements lowered in order to make it a little easier to complete the drill.
  • Legends Showcase: Fixed a hang that would occur when the AI would recover a loose ball by diving for the ball and then sitting idle with it.
  • Legends Showcase: Addressed a case where players who did not meet the requirements were able to throw a flashy pass.
MY PLAYER
  • Corrected an issue where the game would hang after winning the NBA Finals in My Player mode.
  • Trading logic has been greatly improved in this mode. In particular, your team’s GM will no longer overhaul the roster once you join the team.
  • Your team’s GM will now do a better job of acquiring one of your recommended players when he comes to you asking for potential trade targets. Be careful what you ask for!
  • Fixed an issue where both teams in a game would be using the wrong playbooks on occasion.
  • A few select season-long milestones (e.g. Shoot 85% or better from the free throw line) should now properly unlock when the prerequisite conditions are met.
  • The camera should now properly follow the action in your Signature Shoe Commercial.
THE ASSOCIATION
  • A number of trade logic improvements have been made for this experience (these apply to Association: Online as well).
  • Addressed the CPU lineup building / player role allocation such that players no longer become unnecessarily upset with the direction of their respective teams.
  • New coaching staff is now generated when you get many years into the mode. This will result in sufficiently skilled coaches available to be hired.
__________________________________________________ ________

NBA2K12 iOS Patch Notes
__________________________________________________ ________

Graphics
  • Added dynamic lighting on players (iPhone 4S and iPad 2).
  • Improved lighting effects around the arena and on the crowd (iPhone 4S and iPad 2).
  • Improved player heads during replay and cut scenes.
  • Added more variety to the coach heads.
  • Increased number of bench players seen on the court during gameplay.
  • Fixed various graphical bugs throughout gameplay.
iCloud
  • Added iCloud support for saving Settings, Season, and Playoffs.
One-Finger Controls
  • Players on your team will begin to advance the ball automatically after a rebound
  • Players on your team will be more likely to drive, pump fake, post-up, and perform other actions.
  • Fast breaks are improved and will occur more frequently.
  • Better responsiveness in general.
Roster Updates
  • Added support for roster updates. A full roster update will be coming soon!
Other
  • Made lower Rookie and Pro difficulty levels slightly easier.
  • Fixed some commentary bugs.
  • Added a few player portraits that were missing.

Source - NBA 2K12 Game Update Patch v1.04 -- Patch Notes

Game: NBA 2K12Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 102 - View All
NBA 2K12 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 ClevelandinDistress @ 12/13/11 08:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cream and crimson
WOW....what you just said is like listening to Mozart conduct a beautiful masterpiece. You hit the nail on the head on all areas and aspects of this game. It all goes back to don't forget where you came from. Although I say 2k11 is the best basketball game ever. 2k12 is up there in my top 3 behind college hoops 2k8. Cleve well said brotha
Thanks my man. Appreciate it. I agree as a whole NBA 2k11 was better. But the gameplay I gotta give it to NBA 2k12 cause they did improve on the formula.

# 122 revelationxd @ 12/13/11 08:42 PM
Regarding this "Your team’s GM will now do a better job of acquiring one of your recommended players when he comes to you asking for potential trade targets."

Has anyone in Nba 2k12 my player mode been approached by a gm asking for potential trade targets? Im in my 2nd season and my team chemistry is 90% and i have never got the option to be asked who the team should go after... Just curious.

# 123 babythug23 @ 12/13/11 08:44 PM
I just want to know one thing did they fix the online where everybody is just running to the free throw line and shooting jumpers? They go in way to much

# 124 AllThatAmar @ 12/13/11 08:44 PM
Super lurker here who just signed up. Going to read this thread now -- but anyone know if 2K even knows of this bug ... sometimes in MyPlayer when you attempt to direct pass it does not allow you to pass at all. This happens to me about 10% of the time when trying to inbound the ball. As you can imagine, it's frustrating when you have to inbound the ball with 2.3 seconds left on the clock and a chance to win the NBA championship -- but you can't pass and the ref calls a 5 second violation against your team.

Anyway, I love O/S.

# 125 supermati @ 12/13/11 08:44 PM
No minutes per game fix for Association, are we stuck having every starter playing 34?

Come on 2k, you are better than this.

Don't do what you did in 2K10 with the Shaq shooting three pointers bug you never fixed.

# 126 theenemy @ 12/13/11 08:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClevelandinDistress
Keep dreaming buddy and look at the big picture. EA not making a videogame had nothing to do with NBA 2k12. This game was a big undertaking trying to top 2k11 and they fumbled a bit. They know this and don't need people to act as if mike beluba needs to get scared by NBA live to get back on track. But nice try.
complete misunderstanding.

it wasn't a 2k vs EA thing - it's a monopoly thing. being the only basketball title thing...

btw, what is Mike's motivation in developing a better game? his love for basketball video game development?
and

"This game was a big undertaking trying to top 2k11"
-how do you know? did you do the development?

"and they fumbled a bit."
-I think they did an amazing job - I think this year's game is better than last year if you ask me (with custom sliders / pro etc) - my complaint is with the default which you have to use online.

"They know this...."
- yet they don't address it because they devote their time to make more money. which is understandable but is part of the complaint.

relax

# 127 erickonasis @ 12/13/11 08:48 PM
Man wtf is this bull**** ?

# 128 Mos1ted @ 12/13/11 08:58 PM
Quote:
It's really disappointing to see how this forum has reacted to this game. I blame it all on how good NBA 2k11 was. For one 2k12 is not a bad game. No where near as bad as people on this forum would make you believe. Sure the game has issues. What game doesn't? But these problems are being way over blown. Sure rebounding could be tweaked it's not perfect. They added in the fast break dribble but the CPU catches up when you don't use it. Little things that don't break the game, but I can understand how you guys could feel annoyed by it.

With the issues in mind, I think the games problems really stand out because of how polished other aspects are. It's a very heavy contract affect.

To let everyone know, I play the game on default pro. And I've been playing since NBA 2k4. I don't do that because I'm scared of the CPU or suck at the game, I do it because I find it enjoyable.

On default pro there's a certain organic affect applied to the CPU making them more human like. You beat the teams you should and sometimes lose to the better teams. I don't get it when people say "cheap AI". I sometimes wish I had a pvr so I could show you the beauty of the CPU on default pro. They make mistakes, don't hit every cutter and don't always end up taking the best shot. Many of the frustrations people feel with the CPU could be resolved if people simply played on pro.

The biggest frustration I have with 2k12 is the overall polish of the product. NBA 2k website still doesn't work. Still getting network errors online. Having freezing issues with association. I attribute this to the big undertaking the 2k staff took in developing this game. Trying to improve on NBA 2k11 is no easy task and they broke things in the process of trying to one up it.

Now, let me state a couple things. There's nothing wrong with the passing. Sure the velocity of the ball could be increased but other than that I have no problems. Alot of the problems other users are having is more related to player movement and holding seals or getting open. Some of the passes I've pulled off have been beautiful and 2k12 is the first year I can say I really shook the d, dished off and didn't have the CPU recover to contest the shot.

There's so much right with NBA 2k12 that people forget about. The shooting has never been better with the amount of moves at our dispursal and the smooth animations. Contact in the paint has been improved with what looks like a collision system at times. Go back and try to play NBA 2k9. Good luck.

To end off, I really appreciate the game the 2k development team gave me. It's the first year I have had fun playing against the CPU. Seeing all of the negative responses on this forum made me realize that these developers are tasked with walking a fine line. There's only so much they can do on a yearly cycle and with the software and tools they are provided. Remember folks, this Is a videogame and if you aren't having fun playing it then why put your self through the pain? You have choices and no one is making you play the game.

I understand the frustration. Y'all are a passionate bunch, but for once look back at the past and see where we've come from and you won't judge the game so harshly.

Cleve out.
You make some good points in this post, but you also make some points that I disagree with. Let me start with the ones that I agree with:

You're right. NBA 2K11 set the bar high, so it's only reasonable for consumers to expect more of the same in 2K12. NBA 2K12 does do a few things right. The strategic elements in the game are the deepest I've ever seen in a sports game. I finally feel like I have ever possible coaching option that I will ever need at my disposal. And I also agree that NBA 2K12 lacks polish relative to 2K11. That's where my agreeing with you ends.

On the other hand, and I'm using some hyperbole here, you are the only person who does not have a problem with the passing. We may disagree about a lot of things here at OS when it comes to 2K12, but I believe everyone agrees that passing needed to be address. 2K themselves even stated that. I'm eager to see how much passing has improved with the patch because passing is one of my favorite aspects of basketball, that and defense.

Second of all, you play on Pro. I'm not implying that there is anything wrong with that, but for a certain number of us, Pro is too easy for us to ever enjoy it. The thing about playing sports games against the A.I. is that you want to feel like you can lose. There was a time when sports games were easy as pie, even on the highest difficulty setting. I applaud 2K for making huge strides in their A.I. over the years to make it more intelligent and more challenging, but I also have to acknowledge the many instances of "cheapness" that occurs, and I'm not alone in these observations by the way. For some of us, we want to see those cheap tactics alleviated through the patch because the A.I. is challenging enough on the higher settings without them. That's what we call a happy medium. The game is difficult enough to provide a challenge but not impossible. As a right now, the game seems impossible on the higher difficulties.

You also mention taking a look back at the past. I can't speak for others, but I definitely know how far basketball games -- hell, sports games in general -- have come in terms of quality and how close they come to mimicking their real life sport. If a few of us seem a little obnoxious in our frustration, it's because we know that what we're expecting is possible. We're just asking for those expectations to be met.

Imagined that you went to a fine dining restaurant. You ate there last year, so you know the food is good. You spend $60 for what you hope will be the biggest, thickest, juiciest, tastiest steak you ever had in your entire life. Instead, when the steak arrives, it's rare when you ordered well-done, it's cold when you wanted it hot, and you ordered a baked potato, but it's missing. And get this: You can't get a refund. Wouldn't you be upset? Wouldn't you complain? The restaurant, however, is trying to make amends by giving you what you ask for. Now suppose they tried and gave up saying that they won't be able to give you the steak how you wanted today; come back next year. How would that make you feel then?

(And don't say you're a vegetarian LOL)

# 129 NealN42 @ 12/13/11 09:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllThatAmar
Super lurker here who just signed up. Going to read this thread now -- but anyone know if 2K even knows of this bug ... sometimes in MyPlayer when you attempt to direct pass it does not allow you to pass at all. This happens to me about 10% of the time when trying to inbound the ball. As you can imagine, it's frustrating when you have to inbound the ball with 2.3 seconds left on the clock and a chance to win the NBA championship -- but you can't pass and the ref calls a 5 second violation against your team.

Anyway, I love O/S.
Yep, I've had this issue occasionally as well. Normally seems to only happen when I beat the CPU down the court on a fast break (which is rare) and attempt a shot/pass, when all of a sudden the game decides to completely ignore my controller's input until the CPU players are in position on defense. Terribly frustrating like you said, especially in your case where you lose the 'ship because of it, but luckily I have yet to run into that...

# 130 The 24th Letter @ 12/13/11 09:09 PM
Eh, I'm over it....Let's see how it plays..

So this is dropping tommorow morning? Or sometime during the day?

# 131 Nodima @ 12/13/11 09:11 PM
I've played on Superstar difficulty since I started with the series with 2K6, and before Madden jumped to PS3 and became terrible I played Madden/NCAA on All-Pro/American. I'm one of those people who will never believe the upper most difficulty is an accurate representation of sportsmanship, lol. But I could hold my own on this difficulties if I wanted.

NBA2K12 is not so. Pro is definitely the only difficulty level where I feel like the CPU isn't trying to game me under the hood. Sometimes I've had some good games on All-Star but, for the most part, playing Pro on 2K12 feels like playing Superstar on 2K11.

# 132 EddieK76 @ 12/13/11 09:13 PM
Downloading the patch right now 9:13PM EST.

# 133 chris11sg @ 12/13/11 09:14 PM
Look like it dropped for PS3!!!! D/L'ing now....

# 134 Mos1ted @ 12/13/11 09:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris11sg
Look like it dropped for PS3!!!! D/L'ing now....
Off to download if that's the case.

# 135 jclem92 @ 12/13/11 09:17 PM
PS3 folks: Let us know if you can change jerseys online, please.

# 136 ClevelandinDistress @ 12/13/11 09:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mos1ted
You make some good points in this post, but you also make some points that I disagree with. Let me start with the ones that I agree with:

You're right. NBA 2K11 set the bar high, so it's only reasonable for consumers to expect more of the same in 2K12. NBA 2K12 does do a few things right. The strategic elements in the game are the deepest I've ever seen in a sports game. I finally feel like I have ever possible coaching option that I will ever need at my disposal. And I also agree that NBA 2K12 lacks polish relative to 2K11. That's where my agreeing with you ends.

On the other hand, and I'm using some hyperbole here, you are the only person who does not have a problem with the passing. We may disagree about a lot of things here at OS when it comes to 2K12, but I believe everyone agrees that passing needed to be address. 2K themselves even stated that. I'm eager to see how much passing has improved with the patch because passing is one of my favorite aspects of basketball, that and defense.

Second of all, you play on Pro. I'm not implying that there is anything wrong with that, but for a certain number of us, Pro is too easy for us to ever enjoy it. The thing about playing sports games against the A.I. is that you want to feel like you can lose. There was a time when sports games were easy as pie, even on the highest difficulty setting. I applaud 2K for making huge strides in their A.I. over the years to make it more intelligent and more challenging, but I also have to acknowledge the many instances of "cheapness" that occurs, and I'm not alone in these observations by the way. For some of us, we want to see those cheap tactics alleviated through the patch because the A.I. is challenging enough on the higher settings without them. That's what we call a happy medium. The game is difficult enough to provide a challenge but not impossible. As a right now, the game seems impossible on the higher difficulties.

You also mention taking a look back at the past. I can't speak for others, but I definitely know how far basketball games -- hell, sports games in general -- have come in terms of quality and how close they come to mimicking their real life sport. If a few of us seem a little obnoxious in our frustration, it's because we know that what we're expecting is possible. We're just asking for those expectations to be met.

Imagined that you went to a fine dining restaurant. You ate there last year, so you know the food is good. You spend $60 for what you hope will be the biggest, thickest, juiciest, tastiest steak you ever had in your entire life. Instead, when the steak arrives, it's rare when you ordered well-done, it's cold when you wanted it hot, and you ordered a baked potato, but it's missing. And get this: You can't get a refund. Wouldn't you be upset? Wouldn't you complain? The restaurant, however, is trying to make amends by giving you what you ask for. Now suppose they tried and gave up saying that they won't be able to give you the steak how you wanted today; come back next year. How would that make you feel then?

(And don't say you're a vegetarian LOL)
Regarding the difficulty what exactly makes pro so easy?!!! I play a sim style and feel the game plays very true to life with the ebbs and flow. The only thing that gets different with hall of fame is the CPU hits shots they shouldn't, makes passes they shouldn't, and recovers on defense that's on a super human level. The CPU don't get smarter with higher difficulties. Don't you agree? They just get better artificially. NBA 2k12 is not a combat fighter game. It's not supposed to be hard , killing you if you make one mistake. there's nothing more real or realistic about hall of fame over pro.

Regarding the food analogy I would say 2k12 still delivered the steak and potato, but the server was a bum, and the cutlery never showed up. But when you bit into that steak it was the same delicious steak but you had heartburn 30 minutes after the meal.

# 137 Mos1ted @ 12/13/11 09:17 PM
The patch is now live for US PS3 users. I'm downloading now as I type this. Thorough impressions to come in about an hour or so.

# 138 Stiles @ 12/13/11 09:19 PM
Gameplay seems about the same. Game started with Durant making a fade away 3 pointer 5 feet behind the the line then Westbrook made an impossible dunk on 3 people.

# 139 coolcras7 @ 12/13/11 09:20 PM
downloading now, now let the speculation end and the facts begin

# 140 Mos1ted @ 12/13/11 09:21 PM
Quote:
Regarding the difficulty what exactly makes pro so easy?!!! I play a sim style and feel the game plays very true to life with the ebbs and flow. The only thing that gets different with hall of fame is the CPU hits shots they shouldn't, makes passes they shouldn't, and recovers on defense that's on a super human level. The CPU don't get smarter with higher difficulties. Don't you agree? They just get better artificially. NBA 2k12 is not a combat fighter game. It's not supposed to be hard , killing you if you make one mistake. there's nothing more real or realistic about hall of fame over pro.

Regarding the food analogy I would say 2k12 still delivered the steak and potato, but the server was a bum, and the cutlery never showed up. But when you bit into that steak it was the same delicious steak but you had heartburn 30 minutes after the meal.
I agree. Hall of Fame is impossible and the computer blatantly cheats. But my question to 2K is, why purposely make it that way? Who honestly wants to play a game knowing they will be cheated? If they can't make the A.I. more difficult without adding cheap tactics, why not just have one difficulty level and call it a day?

And Pro is a little more challenging with the 1.03 patch, but at launch, Pro was a piece of cake personally. I could win by 30 with the Timberwolves against the Heat.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.