Home
NBA 2K12 News Post

The NBA 2K12 patch 1.04 is now available on the PS3 and 360. Please post your impressions here.

For details on NBA 2K12 patch 1.04, click here.

Game: NBA 2K12Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 102 - View All
NBA 2K12 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 adub88 @ 12/13/11 09:18 PM
just confirmed, the patch is indeed up. I'll post impressions after I watch this Open Court on NBATv, good stuff.

# 2 blues rocker @ 12/13/11 09:18 PM
downloading it now.

# 3 Goffs @ 12/13/11 09:27 PM
Guys use the default sliders with the new patch as I suspect many will be using custom sliders.

# 4 LionsFanNJ @ 12/13/11 09:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
Guys use the default sliders with the new patch as I suspect many will be using custom sliders.
yeah thats the first thing i'm going to do.

# 5 MarvellousOne @ 12/13/11 09:33 PM
I must say just playing for a few minutes the cpu ball movement is much much better and the game seems to play a bit tighter control wise. So far it's a good start have yet to see any ridiculousness but then again I am only a few minutes into the 1st quarter 8 minutes in to be exact.

# 6 Mos1ted @ 12/13/11 09:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
I'm playing a game right now on Pro/Default. Everything on, just like the game shipped at launch. I'm playing as the Raptors (the 30th ranked team) against the Heat (the 1st ranked team). Right away, the improved passing speed is noticeable. I'm so used it to being slow that it will take me a quarter or two to readjust. The controls seemed to be more responsive overall as well. I'll give a more detailed analysis at the half.

P.S. I also wanted to add that turbo seems to be working again. Before, it was nearly impossible to sprint. Picks are finally effective as well. I hope this holds up on the higher difficulty settings.

# 7 chris11sg @ 12/13/11 09:36 PM
Still can't change jerseys online, no shot feedback.

# 8 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 12/13/11 09:38 PM
I'll update a thorough impression later on pro/default then allstar default 7 min quarter. Using 2k's roster update Should be fun.

# 9 coolcras7 @ 12/13/11 09:40 PM
Me Celtics vs CPU Knicks allstar sim, just off the fist quarter passing is better, the CPU is not making contested shots and even missing open, player movement has slowed down, more control, more contact in the paint alot more missed layups and fouls called. Hopefully it continues to play like this 3rd quarter is usually when i give up.

# 10 Mos1ted @ 12/13/11 09:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxBuck Nutsxx
Pro is easy. I just want to know how it plays on All-Star.
I played a few possessions on All-Star/Sim just for you...

This is what 2K12 should have been at launch. Finally, I'm satisfied with this game. I just hope I'm not being too shortsighted in my early impressions. The passing speed does wonders in running an effective offense now. There are still little animation hitches when trying to break upcourt after an outlet pass, but the control responsiveness makes this a little less frustrating.

# 11 MarvellousOne @ 12/13/11 09:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxBuck Nutsxx
Pro is easy. I just want to know how it plays on All-Star.
I am playing on all-star default and it plays much better, help defense is better imo, I have yet to see any of that cpu leaving a man open b.s. they would randomly do pre-patch, as stated before tighter controls, they must have tweaked blocking because there have been no unrealistic blocks in the paint so far. Overall the vibe is a good one. Also I am playing My Player mode just an f.y.i

# 12 xxBuck Nutsxx @ 12/13/11 09:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mos1ted
I played a few possessions on All-Star/Sim just for you...

This is what 2K12 should have been at launch. Finally, I'm satisfied with this game. I just hope I'm not being too shortsighted in my early impressions. The passing speed does wonders in running an effective offense now. There are still little animation hitches when trying to break upcourt after an outlet pass, but the control responsiveness makes this a little less frustrating.
What about blocks, and the AI defense. Am I still going to be unable to go around my man at all times?

# 13 Nodima @ 12/13/11 09:50 PM
Downloaded the patch, default sliders, Pro difficulty, decided to do Cavaliers (CPU) @ Bobcats to see what the rookie commentary if any was like for Kemba and see if awful teams would be awful or not. Mostly just going to do a running commentary, no idea how long this will be.

First thing I noticed, I hadn't really realized how sad things have gotten for Charlotte, but all it took was "Cavaliers and Baron Davis visiting BORIS DIAW and the Charlotte Bobcats" for me to realize, this is a bad, bad team LOL.

So far, this game feels basically like I'm playing 2K11. Some of the longer passes still float but it's definitely a lot crisper than pre-patch, and what's really striking is the dribbling. Kemba Walker is just agile as HELL, it feels like night and day from using somebody like Toney Douglas or Ty Lawson pre-patch. Guy with explosiveness get in and out of their moves QUICK.

Off to do a more focused play now, this running diary is gonna make this game last forever. I like what I'm seeing though...

# 14 ClevelandinDistress @ 12/13/11 09:50 PM
Quote:
I'm playing a game right now on Pro/Default. Everything on, just like the game shipped at launch. I'm playing as the Raptors (the 30th ranked team) against the Heat (the 1st ranked team). Right away, the improved passing speed is noticeable. I'm so used it to being slow that it will take me a quarter or two to readjust. The controls seemed to be more responsive overall as well. I'll give a more detailed analysis at the half.

P.S. I also wanted to add that turbo seems to be working again. Before, it was nearly impossible to sprint. Picks are finally effective as well. I hope this holds up on the higher difficulty settings.
If your having an enjoyable experience why would you up the difficulty?

# 15 blues rocker @ 12/13/11 09:51 PM
initial impression is that passing does feel better - faster passes and more appropriate passes...i could just be imagining it, but i'm pretty sure it's been improved...not sure why they wouldn't mention this in the patch notes though.

# 16 sk @ 12/13/11 09:52 PM
I don't know if this has been answered but can I continue my offline association that I started a week ago with this new Patch or must I restart it?

# 17 Mos1ted @ 12/13/11 09:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClevelandinDistress
If your having an enjoyable experience why would you up the difficulty?
Because I'm stubborn LOL.

And also because playing on higher difficulty forces me to concentrate on the game more. I noticed that I play reckless and carelessly on lower settings because subconsciously, I know I'm playing on a lower difficulty setting. It's like the expression you hear in sports a lot: I play to my competition. And also, if I win, the victory is more satisfying for me personally.

# 18 Sundown @ 12/13/11 09:53 PM
Quote:

Passing on the perimeter is improved too? And left out of the ptach notes? Bizarre.

# 19 blues rocker @ 12/13/11 09:54 PM
CPU not making so many cheese shots. cpu seems to be missing more shots in general...i'm playing on Superstar/Sim.

# 20 coolcras7 @ 12/13/11 09:55 PM
Have not noticed any unrealistic play so far, no PG making layups over multiple 7 footers

« Previous1234567894243Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.