Home
NBA 2K12 News Post

In speaking to Gamesradar, Eric Boenisch mentions the possibility of something arriving on Christmas Day, for NBA 2K12. What do you think it might be?

Quote:
“Dedicated” is the operative word here. While most of us will be kicking back with family and friends, a healthy portion of the NBA 2K12 development team will be hard at work on Christmas Day. Unfortunately, Mr. Boenisch wouldn’t give up the goods about any special surprises for the legions of fans who’ll boot up the game that day.

“We have some things cooking,” he says coyly. “But you’ll just have to wait to see for yourself! We’ll be enjoying Christmas, but if NBA basketball is being played then we’re working.”

Game: NBA 2K12Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 102 - View All
NBA 2K12 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 Gosens6 @ 12/25/11 10:07 AM
Some of you guys have your own selves to blame for your disappointment.

You set yourselves up with unrealistic expectations, sort of like deep down you're looking for reasons to criticize 2K even though in reality you knew this update wouldn't be some of the crazy thing you were hoping for.

I'll never understand it.

# 82 seanbarkley @ 12/25/11 10:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22
I went back and skimmed the article; it wasn't like he was specifically hyping anything. They were drawing attention to something being done on Christmas Day for fans. Which last time I checked, NO OTHER SPORTS GAMES ARE DOING (anything Christmas Day-specific). Most of us have never worked on developing a game and can't speak to the ease/difficulty of implementing something, yet we all speak on how easy it is to do this or that. I don't want to come off as an apologist but I think having these extreme reactions/accusations aren't right either. As others have said earlier in the thread, I'm appreciative of them doing anything and trying to deliver something unique to the fans
OS people can edit +100 player ratings in less than a day, hex-edit all 30 teams team colors in less than 2 hours and make all the trasactions from preseason in half an hour... so when Ronnie 2K says "huge update" we expect a HUGE update!

# 83 davis420 @ 12/25/11 10:24 AM
NBA Today are my favorite quick games, it's almost 11:00 Eastern and still no NBA Today games! SMH

# 84 The 24th Letter @ 12/25/11 10:24 AM
At the minimum I think everyone expects a decent roster update\ NBA Today update....Ronnie said all the players would be in by Christmas..and yes, he did say this...

Holding 2k to the standard THEY set, and put on the back of their box is not unrealistic, and warrants dissapointment.

# 85 davis420 @ 12/25/11 10:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thugnificant
anybody with roster update, is sammy D and chandler parsons on the the rockets?
Sam D. yes, Parsons no

# 86 ksuttonjr76 @ 12/25/11 10:30 AM
I have never seen so much whining about roster updates in my life...

# 87 danyl2002 @ 12/25/11 10:44 AM
so no 2nd round pick?ok go back to mw3. .

# 88 Legia Fan @ 12/25/11 11:02 AM
That was already done.

# 89 Drewski @ 12/25/11 11:05 AM
Why would devs need to be working on Christmas Day in order to release this roster which has apparently already been released. Feel like something is missing here.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

# 90 spankdatazz22 @ 12/25/11 11:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanbarkley
OS people can edit +100 player ratings in less than a day, hex-edit all 30 teams team colors in less than 2 hours and make all the trasactions from preseason in half an hour... so when Ronnie 2K says "huge update" we expect a HUGE update!
Again... maybe I'm missing it, but where in the article is a "huge update" referenced? I'm reading through it and not seeing it. If it's a case of "we expect", then that's another thing.

I'm not trying to defend them. Personally I think they shouldn't say anything given how the people they're trying to appease will react.

# 91 kjjnesb @ 12/25/11 11:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewski
Why would devs need to be working on Christmas Day in order to release this roster which has apparently already been released. Feel like something is missing here.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
So it seems

Ronnie2K Ronnie 2K 2K12
@Steve_OS told me that the update hasn't gone live yet. Its possible with the time difference in London I jumped the gun. Sure its imminent

# 92 STLRams @ 12/25/11 11:14 AM
So the official christmas day roster update and NBA today update hasn't been released yet? I actually just checked now. My NBA Today screen says DEC 25 and is showing the scheduled games, but it says NBA Today update failed?? Guess I will play a game and see if the NBA Today commentary and stats are upto date

# 93 davis420 @ 12/25/11 11:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by STLRams
So the official christmas day roster update and NBA today update hasn't been released yet? I actually just checked now. My NBA Today screen says DEC 25 and is showing the scheduled games, but it says NBA Today update failed?? Guess I will play a game and see if the NBA Today commentary and stats are upto date
I'm having the same problem. When NBA Today does update, I don't have the Christmas Day games?

# 94 Painkiller1974 @ 12/25/11 11:48 AM
From Italy: my nba today is on dec 24th
The roster has injured players and Okur to Nets, but no 2nd round rookies and Vasquez still to the Grizz
I think we will not have a decent roster untill mid of Jan...
Ok, next year let's do in this way 2k: I'll give you 25 euros when I will buy the game and the other 25 euros when you will patch and fix everything....

# 95 NotoriousKDH @ 12/25/11 11:52 AM
via @ronnie2k rosters updates just went live 10 minutes ago, along with christmas shoes, and secondary uniforms. Some second rounders are still missing though

# 96 Painkiller1974 @ 12/25/11 11:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotoriousKDH
via @ronnie2k rosters updates just went live 10 minutes ago, along with christmas shoes, and secondary uniforms. Some second rounders are still missing though
Still no 2nd round in the game

# 97 NotoriousKDH @ 12/25/11 11:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Painkiller1974
Still no 2nd round in the game
yeah its b.s. majority of the 2nd rounders signed already, before preseason ended

# 98 draztikrhymez @ 12/25/11 12:17 PM
Second rounders can be very important. Like Lakers we have two that will get a lot of playing time this year

# 99 DoubleJ13 @ 12/25/11 12:25 PM
The thing about the second rounders is that they are on the disc. I personally would have preferred them putting out a complete roster before starting the injury garbage.

# 100 Painkiller1974 @ 12/25/11 12:30 PM
People play 2k12 for realism.
No rookies = no realism

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.