Home
News Post

Hello everyone!

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank each and every one of you for the time, thoughts, love, hate, and sense of community you've brought to me and the MLB The Show dev team! It's because of you that we have been able to go from one of the lowest rated sports games on the market to the only game to achieve a 90+ metacritic rating 3 years running! This is absolutely the best sports gaming community anywhere - we may all have differences but don't forget what brings you all together.

With that, I feel I need to let you know that I have resigned my position with SCEA. It has been a truly exciting and fun filled experience working on the MLB The Show team! I was with SCEA for 15.5 years and have been on MLB for ~9 of those years; It's time to move on. Effective Friday, Dec. 23rd I will be "unemployed" - I'll celebrate a wonderful Christmas with my family (We're hosting 15+ people for breakfast, lunch and diner... yes, we know... we're insane) and then on the 30th I'll be moving with my wife and unborn baby girl (Due March 6th) to Orlando, Florida.

Beginning Jan. 9th I begin work as a Creative Director for EA on the Madden Team. I'm sure many of you will follow along as I get to know that "sub community" while I learn and interact with the Madden fans on the site. This is a huge change in my career, and a huge change for my family. My wife and I are truly looking forward to it! Except maybe the whole mosquito thing going on in Florida... GEEZ!

Thank you again for everything you've done for me and the MLB The Show dev team. Here's to 9 more excellent years!

I hope you all have an excellent Christmas, Kwanzaa, Hanukkah, New Year and anything else you may celebrate!

-Kolbe

Game: MLB 12 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3Votes for game: 55 - View All
MLB 12 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 41 Perfect Zero @ 12/22/11 09:20 PM
Congrats on the new EA gig, but I think we're all sorry to see you leave the Show staff. Hopefully, you'll be able to move down to Florida and start work there with no problems

# 42 sportzbro @ 12/22/11 10:21 PM
Really looking forward to what Madden will be after how amazing The Show is. Hopefully some of it will bleed into the NCAA franchise.

# 43 nemesis04 @ 12/22/11 10:37 PM
Best of luck Kolbe! Thank you for everything, it was a pleasure getting to know and interact with you at SCEA studio over the past couple years. Also, thanks for our first official in and out burger experience! You will be missed.

# 44 dodgerblue @ 12/22/11 11:03 PM
I will miss your work on the show. Hopefully your work on Madden will make me want to purchase that game annually too.

# 45 decga @ 12/22/11 11:51 PM
Congrats Kolbe on the baby and new job. Thanks for all help with making the Show what is for me. Thats damn great... Thanks for coming on the boards and answering all my questions. Best of Luck ..

# 46 DJ @ 12/23/11 01:01 AM
Best of luck with the move, baby and new job, Kolbe. I hope we hear from you in regards to Madden once you get settled in.

# 47 SoxFan01605 @ 12/23/11 01:13 AM
Wow...

Congrats on the change Kolbe! Selfishly, I wish you were sticking around, but I hope the move (career and location) goes well for you and your family. I'm sure you'll do great things for EA.

# 48 Kolbe @ 12/23/11 01:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
Cough....cough....(LIAR)(the bolded part)....cough.....cough....

Sad Knight....

You'll be getting an e-mail from me. I don't want to cry here on O.S.

"You my boy blue!"

M.K.
Knight165
I think you just called me fat!!

-Kolbe

# 49 Pared @ 12/23/11 01:54 AM
Kolbe - tell me you're taking the cars.

I fully expect to see you at EA and driving around in the same cars - don't go changing and getting chauffeurs or anything like that.

You'll be missed bro. Now who else is Knight going to complain about MOM to?

# 50 Kolbe @ 12/23/11 01:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared

I fully expect to see you at EA and driving around in the same cars - don't go changing and getting chauffeurs or anything like that.

Pfft, my 2008 White Hyundai Elantra is PIMP!

-Kolbe

# 51 truintellectplaya @ 12/23/11 05:40 AM
Don't really no the guy but good luck.Just one question though. Wouldn't it have made more sense to work on MVP Baseball if it is ever coming back instead of Madden?

# 52 Bullit @ 12/23/11 06:38 AM
Good luck Kolbe I wish you and your family the best and I really hope we DON'T miss you on The Show. I do not
play football games so maybe I will give one a try now.

Have fun and enjoy the holidays

# 53 PsychoBulk @ 12/23/11 06:55 AM
All the best luck in the world Kolbe, with the biggest job you will ever undertake...being a father.

The gaming? Piece of cake for you im sure.

Thanks for all you have done for The Show, a game thats brought this Englishman far closer to the American Pastime than anything else ever could.

Thanks again, enjoy Florida, and most of all, enjoy Fatherhood

# 54 Skyboxer @ 12/23/11 06:58 AM
Congrats man. But really it's EA that's should be congratulated for getting you.

Best of luck!!!!

# 55 Pared @ 12/23/11 09:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolbe

-Kolbe
Ha! I'll give you that - it certainly made an impact this year!

I noticed I didn't already so - best of luck to you bro. Enjoy the holiday.

# 56 Neolithic @ 12/23/11 09:55 AM
Absolutely the best of luck in your next adventure! A great thanks to all you have done with SCEA and The Show. While I am sad to see you go, I am excited to see you turn Madden around and into a game worthy of the Franchise Name.

I also know, that Kolbe wouldn't leave SCEA and The Show if he didn't think it would be in good hands. I am excited to see what both franchises can do with new leadership/team makeup.

PS: please try to work magic and have it be a 1 year plan with Madden not another "3 year plan" PWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESE!!!!! Us franchise guys are ready to jump off the cliff as it is...

# 57 stealyerface @ 12/23/11 09:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
Dude, I'm going to miss you. No other way to put this, really.

It was truly an awesome, awesome pleasure and experience getting to know you.

This is to Kolbe!

SYF should revise his Night Before Christmas poem to include a memorandum of Kolbe's departure.
Covered!
~syf

# 58 adembroski @ 12/23/11 10:39 AM
Quote:

-Kolbe
Look forward to meeting ya, Kolbe.

# 59 fatleg3 @ 12/23/11 10:50 AM
Mosquito are only bad if you are in a wooded area lol.

But OAN congrats and Welcome to Florida

# 60 Knight165 @ 12/23/11 11:00 AM
Quote:
I think you just called me fat!!

-Kolbe
NEVER!
Big boned.(I'm right there with you buddy....)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared

Aaron is figuring a way to install a cloaking device in his office as we speak.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
Look forward to meeting ya, Kolbe.
You say that now....Get used to a lot of....No...Nope...sarcastic laughter in response to "what about...XXX?"

M.K.
Knight165

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.