Home
NHL 12 News Post

As mentioned on the 22nd, NHL 12 patch 1.04 is available now, please post your impressions here.

For the NHL 12 1.04 patch details, click here.

Game: NHL 12Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 26 - View All
NHL 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 BlueNGold @ 01/03/12 09:18 AM
Just tried a game with tuner 1.00 and pass reception slider at 0 for human and CPU. Still the same results. No pucks bouncing off sticks from fully charged passes or anything.

I then tried the same tuner with pass reception maxed out in hopes that maybe I'd magically find out the slider is reversed. Nope.

Frustrating....

# 22 Bushido @ 01/03/12 09:28 AM
Can you tell me how to download the latest tuner set? And how to switch between tuner sets if I don't like it?

# 23 BlueNGold @ 01/03/12 09:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushido247
Can you tell me how to download the latest tuner set? And how to switch between tuner sets if I don't like it?
Downloading tuners is done by being connected online and in the main menu of the game. In the top left corner you'll see a box telling you to press square (PS3)/X (360) to download the newest tuner.

To switch between them, you go into gameplay settings where you find all of the sliders. It'll be near the top of one of those menus and say something like "Tuner version". You can toggle through 1.00 (the version the game shipped with) up to Latest, which is whatever the newest version is.

# 24 Bushido @ 01/03/12 10:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueNGold
Downloading tuners is done by being connected online and in the main menu of the game. In the top left corner you'll see a box telling you to press square (PS3)/X (360) to download the newest tuner.

To switch between them, you go into gameplay settings where you find all of the sliders. It'll be near the top of one of those menus and say something like "Tuner version". You can toggle through 1.00 (the version the game shipped with) up to Latest, which is whatever the newest version is.
Thanks

I see several tuner sets now.

How do I know if the patch downloaded? I was prompted to download it before I started my game just now, but I don't see numbers on the players helmets (like someone said) and the Jets gloves are still black.

# 25 BlueNGold @ 01/03/12 10:26 AM
Quote:
Thanks

I see several tuner sets now.

How do I know if the patch downloaded? I was prompted to download it before I started my game just now, but I don't see numbers on the players helmets (like someone said) and the Jets gloves are still black.
No problem.

Are you on PS3 or 360? Regardless, if you were prompted to download it and did, you'll have it.

The Jets gloves and helmets are probably still black because you're using an older tuner. I found out earlier that it isn't fixed unless you're using the newest tuner.

# 26 Bushido @ 01/03/12 10:28 AM
Quote:
No problem.

Are you on PS3 or 360? Regardless, if you were prompted to download it and did, you'll have it.

The Jets gloves and helmets are probably still black because you're using an older tuner. I found out earlier that it isn't fixed unless you're using the newest tuner.

I just went into gameplay settings, set tuner to 1.02 (which is the current). This did add numbers to players helmets, but the Jets gloves are still black...Maybe because I'm playing with them at home?

# 27 BlueNGold @ 01/03/12 10:34 AM
Quote:

I just went into gameplay settings, set tuner to 1.02 (which is the current). This did add numbers to players helmets, but the Jets gloves are still black...Maybe because I'm playing with them at home?
Yeah. The home unis are what have been the issue pre-patch. You have to use the newest tuner to fix the gloves and helmets being black. Why that is, I don't know, but it's the tuners that affect it and not the patch itself.

# 28 Bushido @ 01/03/12 10:38 AM
Do you see Navy Blue helmets for the Jets on 1.02? I did that, and now I have their numbers on the front of the helmet, plus it says Jets on the side, but still black. 1.02 is the latest tuner, right? If so, that's what I'm playing on, but still no navy blue...

Either way, thanks a million for the help, and quick response.

# 29 BlueNGold @ 01/03/12 10:39 AM
Quote:
Do you see Navy Blue helmets for the Jets on 1.02? I did that, and now I have their numbers on the front of the helmet, plus it says Jets on the side, but still black. 1.02 is the latest tuner, right? If so, that's what I'm playing on, but still no navy blue...

Either way, thanks a million for the help, and quick response.
1.04 is the newest, I think.

Whenever you get online, just do what I said earlier to download a tuner and it'll give you the newest one, plus all of the earlier ones.

# 30 Bushido @ 01/03/12 10:47 AM
Quote:
1.04 is the newest, I think.

Whenever you get online, just do what I said earlier to download a tuner and it'll give you the newest one, plus all of the earlier ones.
I'm not seeing that box?

I see the NHL 12 box where it scrolls information, but no cue to download a new tuner.

The only time it told me to press a button was to watch a video, and it told me to press Y.

# 31 Fiddy @ 01/03/12 10:54 AM
Quote:
Just tried a game with tuner 1.00 and pass reception slider at 0 for human and CPU. Still the same results. No pucks bouncing off sticks from fully charged passes or anything.

I then tried the same tuner with pass reception maxed out in hopes that maybe I'd magically find out the slider is reversed. Nope.

Frustrating....
i know that not many will want to do this, maybe even wait til Matts new roster is out, but what about changing the pass reception attribute for the players? or is there even one?

# 32 Bushido @ 01/03/12 11:17 AM
The NHL 12 website says v1.2 is the latest tuner set, is that accurate?

I know the patch works, b/c I now have numbers on helmets. Again, I'm sorry for the questions, I literally just got the game yesterday so I am behind on everything.

I really want accurate Jet uniforms though, since that's who I will be in offline play..Not sure what I'm doing wrong

# 33 Bushido @ 01/03/12 11:38 AM
Figured it out...

For some reason, I had to go into create, edit player, Jets, look at a player, and then the helmets were correct.

Anyways, looking forward to learning more about this game through you guys.

# 34 BlueNGold @ 01/03/12 11:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy
i know that not many will want to do this, maybe even wait til Matts new roster is out, but what about changing the pass reception attribute for the players? or is there even one?
I don't think there is an exact pass reception attribute but I think there is an attribute that affects it (as well as some other things). I'll have to look through it in-game.

Quote:
The NHL 12 website says v1.2 is the latest tuner set, is that accurate?

I know the patch works, b/c I now have numbers on helmets. Again, I'm sorry for the questions, I literally just got the game yesterday so I am behind on everything.

I really want accurate Jet uniforms though, since that's who I will be in offline play..Not sure what I'm doing wrong
Hmm, maybe it is 1.2. As long as you recently downloaded a tuner then you'll have the newest one.

BTW, don't worry about all the questions. That's what this site is for.

# 35 jake19ny @ 01/03/12 12:16 PM
Well so far and NOT so good. I installed the update and first my season froze while loading and I had to shut down my PS3 from the power switch and restart and then 5 minutes into the first period my game froze......for the love of God do they not have anyone testing these things before they release it. I dont know yet if this fixed the penaties since I cant get the game to not freeze but I can see it now I will be going back to playing with no update installed. Happy New Year EA ya rat bastards!

# 36 gopher_guy @ 01/03/12 12:55 PM
Just played my first game with the update. 3 PP and 2 PK's in the game

# 37 jkra0512 @ 01/03/12 12:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jake19ny
Well so far and NOT so good. I installed the update and first my season froze while loading and I had to shut down my PS3 from the power switch and restart and then 5 minutes into the first period my game froze......for the love of God do they not have anyone testing these things before they release it. I dont know yet if this fixed the penaties since I cant get the game to not freeze but I can see it now I will be going back to playing with no update installed. Happy New Year EA ya rat bastards!
Yuuuuuuuuup, that'll probably earn you a trip to the Sin Bin.

# 38 jake19ny @ 01/03/12 01:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gopher_guy
Just played my first game with the update. 3 PP and 2 PK's in the game
Well I was finally able to play a game after 2 freeze ups, but I didnt have the same luck....it felt just like it did before no matter what I did no matter how hard I tried to take a penalty I only had one called against me for boarding. I also tried to bait the CPU into taking penalties all game and only had 1 called late. So in the end back to 1 pp for me and 1 for the CPU.....I will to be fair try another game or two, but I have a feeling I'm going back to playing without any updates installed. I would get 4+ PPs for both sides every game and a nice variety too.
The update did fix one annoying thing though...now when you tie someone up on the face-off your teamate gets the puck unlike before. Meh!

# 39 BleacherCreature @ 01/03/12 01:07 PM
In 3 games I have seen maybe 2 more powerplays per team per game so I guess I can live with that.
It also seems the puck is a lot looser, especially in front of the goals. The goalie doesn't appear to be a vaccuum like before, the puck actually will bounce around a bit in front.
Poke check seems better now as it looks as if the puck can be poked away into open ice, rather than be poked away onto the magnetic stick blade.
I use a far away camera so the numbers on the helmets don't mean much to me, and I don't play online so none of that stuff matters either.

# 40 BlueNGold @ 01/03/12 01:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jake19ny
Well I was finally able to play a game after 2 freeze ups, but I didnt have the same luck....it felt just like it did before no matter what I did no matter how hard I tried to take a penalty I only had one called against me for boarding. I also tried to bait the CPU into taking penalties all game and only had 1 called late. So in the end back to 1 pp for me and 1 for the CPU.....I will to be fair try another game or two, but I have a feeling I'm going back to playing without any updates installed. I would get 4+ PPs for both sides every game and a nice variety too.
The update did fix one annoying thing though...now when you tie someone up on the face-off your teamate gets the puck unlike before. Meh!
Try a different slider set. I'm using DJ's and get 2-3 penalties a game for each side.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.