Home
NHL 12 News Post

As mentioned on the 22nd, NHL 12 patch 1.04 is available now, please post your impressions here.

For the NHL 12 1.04 patch details, click here.

Game: NHL 12Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 26 - View All
NHL 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 ceky @ 01/05/12 07:43 PM
thanks you guys very much!! savegames load perfectly now!

# 102 mkharsh33 @ 01/05/12 08:10 PM
Sorry, Realm... I'm playing a verified EA Sports NHL copy of the game, and I reported my observation. If that offends you...well...that's not my problem. I've read this entire thread...it's a mixed bag of responses. Maybe playing styles has something to do with it as well, something the game disc doesn't provide but human playing style does....

# 103 nyisles16 @ 01/05/12 08:10 PM
I played with penalties maxed, aggression either full or click below full, both CPU/CPU teammate penalties maxed, and also fatigue high. Only again, I played a little after patch, but did see more penalties called.

# 104 mike24forever @ 01/05/12 08:42 PM
For those of you not seeing penalties...

Season opener Leafs vs. Montreal with 4:22 left in the second period. I have had 4 penalties and the Canadians have had 2.

Add one more for the Canadians with 22.2 seconds left in the second

1 more each with 2:47 left in the 3rd.

I would understand if some of you are sceptical of this, because I know I feel the same way when people say they are not seeing any penalties.

# 105 mike24forever @ 01/05/12 09:07 PM

Shot total was high because of the 10 total penalties.

Also need to work on my passing. Terrible. As for CPU hitting, I have no is idea how to get that to increase.

# 106 canucksss @ 01/06/12 12:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike24forever

Shot total was high because of the 10 total penalties.

Also need to work on my passing. Terrible. As for CPU hitting, I have no is idea how to get that to increase.
thanks for showing this to us. would like to know if: is this "play now" or in your BaGM? how many minutes your playing per period..8.9...10? i never experienced this high.... the most i had is 6 pens per game in BaGM....4 by CPU and 2 by my AI teammates. the next high 4 pens... all of them were by CPU (0 for my team).

# 107 mike24forever @ 01/06/12 12:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by canucksss
thanks for showing this to us. would like to know if: is this "play now" or in your BaGM? how many minutes your playing per period..8.9...10? i never experienced this high.... the most i had is 6 pens per game in BaGM....4 by CPU and 2 by my AI teammates. the next high 4 pens... all of them were by CPU (0 for my team).
I play 10 minute games in my Be A GM on All-Star with penalties maxed and aggression at 5 and attributes maxed.

# 108 mkharsh33 @ 01/06/12 12:45 AM
I'm playing "play now" games... I think I'm coming to the conclusion that EA has now given up on this aspect of the game too. I HATE doing my testing in BAGM, but I guess we must relent as the game does indeed play differently...feel like slider testing in this game is a total waste of time unless you want to piss away a BAGM to do so. But I appreciate the feedback as I see this may be the cause of my lack of penalties still.

# 109 gopher_guy @ 01/06/12 12:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkharsh33
I'm playing "play now" games... I think I'm coming to the conclusion that EA has now given up on this aspect of the game too. I HATE doing my testing in BAGM, but I guess we must relent as the game does indeed play differently...feel like slider testing in this game is a total waste of time unless you want to piss away a BAGM to do so. But I appreciate the feedback as I see this may be the cause of my lack of penalties still.
Why not just create a "slider testing" Be A GM mode? A Be A GM that you use exclusively for test games using your sliders...

# 110 at74 @ 01/06/12 05:41 AM
Looks like no one here plays BAP? In BAP I always have enough penalties, with some more extreme slider settings before the patch. However my team's PP statistics are completely wrong because in BAP times on power play are not counted correctly (only the minutes are correct). Unfortunately the patch did not fix this.

# 111 Guffers @ 01/06/12 08:33 AM
I've now played 4 games post patch in Be a GM, with the new tuner.

Penalties feel exactly the same. I average one or two a game and the CPU usually gets roughly the same.

I think my time with this series is over. Whenever I play the CPU I can't shake the feeling that they get soft goals where as I have to deke the goalie out of his shoes to score. All the CPU has to do is skate to within striking range and fire away. Combining that with my AI team mates stubborn refusal to create space and chances on offense and I just end up frustrated and not having fun.

In all honesty this game hasn't really changed in any huge and meaningful way since 2006 so I won't be purchasing this year unless
I see a massive overhaul. We all know that is not going to happen. I had some great times with this title in 08 and 09 but the magic is gone for me.

I hope that a bunch of you guys continue to enjoy the title. I still think it's a very accomplished piece of work but it's not catering to me so I have no need to own it anymore. Life is busy and I only want to play video games that bring me joy and push the medium forward.

That being said, I will happily eat my own words if EA pulls a bunny out of a hat and rejuvenates this title. I'm guessing that will be on future consoles so a couple of years off won't hurt me at all.

# 112 Pythons80 @ 01/06/12 06:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rangers1724
is your computer difficulty slider at 4o r higher? Once you put it to 4, 5, or 6 this is when the cpu scores a lot of soft and cheap goals. put it to 3 and it is more realistic.

since downloading the patch I have noticed:

1. cpu gets same amount of penalties, but I have been called for 4 more a game on average than before.

2. at times when I pull a guy out of position on purpose the cpu automatically takes control of the guy I am using to move him back to position. This gets annoying after a while. I got scored on on a 2 on 1 because I moved my guy to the center and the cpu moved him to play the man with the puck rather than the passing lane.

3. I have now had 11 freezes in 15 games. before that I would get 1 in every 11-12 games.

4. seems they added some new animations in that I havent seen before. I got high sticked and my guy dropped his stick and put both hands up to his face like in real life. Also I saw my goalie make some saves today using animations i hadnt seen before.
You forgot to mention the tiny little numbers on the helmets!!! This is the greatest development in the history of sports gaming and makes me never wanna put the game down EVER!!!

# 113 canucksss @ 01/06/12 07:59 PM
you can see here in my one my games in BaGM (i play as phx) several penalties called. im using mk's slider with few adjustments, 10 mins, puck authentic and shadow "small" and mattg's roster, latest patch.

# 114 ProbieByKO @ 01/06/12 08:25 PM

Can you make the picture bigger? I can't see it.

# 115 toyo301985 @ 01/06/12 08:53 PM
hey guys!! I'm a hockey fan from venezuela. exactly a leafs fan from venezuela. well this is my question. when can I download that patch (for xbox 360)? I don't use xbox live. or can anybody emailed me please? thanks for your help =) and go leafs go!!

# 116 MizzouRah @ 01/06/12 08:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProbieByKO

hahaha..

# 117 toyo301985 @ 01/06/12 11:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogie Vachon
You can still download the patch and tuners ,rosters if you have an active Live Silver account,which is free.
that's the problem rogie, I don't use the xbox live at all

# 118 MizzouRah @ 01/06/12 11:26 PM
After more games, I uninstalled this patch.

1. Game is choppy
2. Penalties seem worse to me
3. Goalies seem harder to score on
4. Goal variety is blah now
5. I do use slider settings and the game is a mess with my settings.. and I had them just about perfect for what I'm looking for

The thing that sucks is I cannot sign into XL without d/l the patch, so I guess it's just BAGM for now.

I'm not about to start screwing with slider settings halfway into my season.. UGH!

# 119 canucksss @ 01/07/12 02:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProbieByKO

hahahaha..... didnt realize that's how big will it become any tips on how to make it "smaller" in my next post. coz in the next photo, although it says that that CPU had 2 and me 4, it doesnt match when i looked on the screen where you can see all the penalties in the game. i dotn know if this is a glitch or what.

# 120 toyo301985 @ 01/07/12 09:36 AM
well, so please somebody help me

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.