Home
Stoked: Big Air News Post

Stoked: Big Air Edition
takes to the slopes hoping to carve a niche in gamers’ hearts. With a focus on substance over style, does it pull off a perfect 720 or does it fall flat on it's face?

Read More - Stoked: Big Air Review

Game: Stoked: Big AirReader Score: Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 0 - View All
Member Comments
# 1 lnin0 @ 01/04/12 09:48 PM
I whole heartedly disagree. Stoked is one of the best sports game I have played this generation. It will not hold your hand and pat you on the back every 30 seconds for doing something. If you go in wanting SSX you will be disappointed. It is first and foremost a 'trick' game - not a racing game.

The best game to compare it to is Skate or Amped 2. It borrows their approach to the controls and nails snowboarding better than any game since Amped 2. Stoked is a sandbox filled with white powder. It takes off the leash and lets you go nuts in the back country. Its realistic approach and challenge are what set it apart from other games.

What you find 'frustrating' I found refreshing. Too many games now days are boring fluff. All the challenge stripped out in order to appeal to everyman. In the process all the flavor is stripped away as well. Devs try to replace the lost flavor with flashy tricks and a barrage of unlockable trinkets to "work" toward. Unfortunately, with no challenge these artificial enhancement soon becomes little more than a mindless loot grind. Games become disposable, forgettable, cast aside for the next big thing.

I find it refreshing that a game is just fun and challenging on its own merit. The reward is simply in mastering the game and that is something you will not forget.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.