Home
NFL Blitz News Post

NFL Blitz is available now, as a digital download on PSN (PS3) and will be available tomorrow morning on the Marketplace (360) for $14.99.

Please post your impressions here.

Game: NFL BlitzReader Score: 5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 6 - View All
NFL Blitz Videos
Member Comments
# 61 DirtyJerz32 @ 01/04/12 10:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigball12
Roger That! My mistake. Thanks!
You got it!

# 62 der juicen @ 01/05/12 01:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by goh
I managed to put in a pirtate code on my first guess so that was something.
No GRONK! Not cool.

The controls are awful. Every critical situation seems to have the screwy AI kick in. Particularly with the targeting. The targeting is poor in general but 3rd & Goal? Good luck. Also enjoyed watching Justin Tuck run down a wide open Welker (they blitzed) using turbo that had at least a 15 yard lead. There's arcade then there's ridiculous. Perhaps the best one was when I was playing as the 49ers where instead of throwing it downfield to the wide open Crabtree it's thrown to Gore who is behind the line. Out of curiousity I attempted to target Crabtree again and throw it with Gore. Gore threw it back to Alex Smith. Also of note is the lack of throwing the ball when you're about to get sacked. It'll make the motion but the ball won't come out. Not an issue for the AI,if they try to throw they get it off. Even in about 0.5 seconds. The only bit of fun was returning a punt with Patrick Willis. See you can't really tell who you're picking on defense,you can't even play as the linemen btw and I had called a normal play expecting them to go for it on 4th & 2 at the 40 or so and because it's very difficult to tell one player from another I ended up with Willis back there.

Finally I only played the trial and wouldn't buy this gar-bagé anyway but was expecting to be offered a discount with the season ticket,there wasn't one. NASCAR and NHL 13 have their hands full to compete for the worst of the year already!
This just sounds like you are terrible at any Blitz games.

# 63 Earl1963 @ 01/05/12 08:06 AM
I'm about to try this out in a minute. IGN gave it a good review.

# 64 RaiderKtulu @ 01/05/12 08:53 AM
My only real complaint is that you HAVE to play online to unlock anything, and online control lag makes kicking essentially random.

Aside from that... It's NFL Blitz. It's pretty much exactly what you'd expect it to be - although the lack of late hits does make it feel a little bit nerfed. The lack of uniform selection isn't a big deal for me - I actually *like* seeing the Raiders/49ers as a black vs red game. It's only a problem if it matches up 2 teams with the same colored jerseys, but I haven't had that happen yet.

So, for a $15 game, I'll give it a thumbs up.

# 65 LingeringRegime @ 01/05/12 11:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunNShoot GURU
Can you create your own plays like on N64 version on full version?

PLEASE let me know!
Nope. You can't.

# 66 DirtyJerz32 @ 01/05/12 12:32 PM
All this negative talk is making like the game more.

Play the game for what it is, not for what you thought it should be.

# 67 davis420 @ 01/05/12 12:34 PM
If anyone wants to get some games in online on the 360 my GT is jdav1s420. I'd rather play people from OS than randoms.

# 68 jyoung @ 01/05/12 12:50 PM
I encourage everyone to play the 2 vs. 2 modes.

Multiplayer is what Blitz is all about.

1 vs. 1 matches are pretty dull, especially against the CPU.

# 69 Earl1963 @ 01/05/12 02:20 PM
Whats the big head mode code?

# 70 Earl1963 @ 01/05/12 02:38 PM
Found some cheats on IGN, yet to try em.

Cheat List

Before every game in NFL Blitz, you get a few moments to input a three-symbol code. These codes offer up new balls, new characters, and new modes. Here's a list of readily available codes:

Big Head Mode - FOAM FINGER + NFL LOGO + FOAM FINGER
Chrome Ball - EA LOGO + FOAM FINGER + EA LOGO
Beachball Ball - NFL LOGO + EA LOGO + NFL LOGO
Black & Red Ball - EA LOGO + EA LOGO + FOAM FINGER
Cowboy - HEADSET + FOAM FINGER + HEADSET (Unlocked Through Blitz Gauntlet)
Team of Cowboys - GOALPOST + YARD M...

# 71 JeffMorris @ 01/05/12 02:51 PM
Red, white, and blue ball is just hitting each button once.

The cheesehead player is NFL + FG POST + NFL and the team is FG POST + EA SPORTS + FG POST.

# 72 jyoung @ 01/05/12 04:33 PM
Blitz has always had catchup logic on breakaway runs.

Nothing new there.

As in previous Blitz games, you can juke players diving at you from behind to make them miss.

If you don't like the default passing style, you can change to icon passing in the option screen.

# 73 DirtyJerz32 @ 01/05/12 05:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by goh
Ah no sorry,I've played every Blitz game,this one just sucks. Plus the last game I played before deleting this trash I was up 29-14 and that's only a half. I'm sure the famous Blitz catch up AI would've kicked in during the 2nd half. Poor controls,poor targeting (up and right = backwards?) and Tuck running down Welker with a 15 yard lead aren't my fault.
Are you saying the previous Blitz games didn't have catch up logic?

If you go back and play the original it would still happen.

It's been like that in EVERY Blitz game.

# 74 Earl1963 @ 01/05/12 07:12 PM
Hines Ward is as fast as Mike Wallace. Oh well, I love the game still.

# 75 bcruise @ 01/05/12 07:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyJerz32
Are you saying the previous Blitz games didn't have catch up logic?

If you go back and play the original it would still happen.

It's been like that in EVERY Blitz game.
Yeah, it's the only way scores don't end up in the hundreds every game. This being an arcade game, Zig-Zagging can be useful if your opponent has control of the lead guy chasing you. Other than that, don't blow all your Turbo early in the play and you can at least pick up some yardage before getting pulled down.

Fun game, reminds me a lot of the old times minus the late hits. Started actually winning a few games online once I remembered how to keep a back in to block. Helps shut down the guys who think they're playing Tecmo Super Bowl and try to dive through the line at the snap.

I'm probably the only person who actually punts and kicks FG's in this game, but it's worth it to me, especially if I can bury a punt inside the opponents 5. It's like a free shot on the QB for a safety because you know you'll catch up even if you get burned.

Also, shoving down a reciever mid-route to prevent him from making that 3rd catch to go on fire is gratifying in its own way.

# 76 bcruise @ 01/05/12 07:41 PM
Good example of the catch-up in the original at 4:50 of this video (and probably others, since it happens on every play)

# 77 Sandman42 @ 01/05/12 08:09 PM
Played 6 games online so far and surprised that no one has done the strategy of knocking down WR's at the line. Seems like everyone takes the safety and just blitzes the QB, usually letting me hit an easy double pass for a big game.

Kicking online is a crapshoot though with the lag. I missed 2 short FG's in a game only to hit one from midfield to force OT. I ended up just closing my eyes while I kicked it since I figured I had just as good a chance as trying to time it.

# 78 bcruise @ 01/05/12 08:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman42
Played 6 games online so far and surprised that no one has done the strategy of knocking down WR's at the line. Seems like everyone takes the safety and just blitzes the QB, usually letting me hit an easy double pass for a big game.

Kicking online is a crapshoot though with the lag. I missed 2 short FG's in a game only to hit one from midfield to force OT. I ended up just closing my eyes while I kicked it since I figured I had just as good a chance as trying to time it.
You haven't played me

# 79 Tronmiked30 @ 01/05/12 09:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman42

I played my first game online last night against a wildmanbill or something like that. He would knock down all of my wr's and rb's right off the line. Albeit a great strategy but it really turned me off to playing other blitz folks online. Hopefully that isn't how everyone plays. He also used the packers which I'm guessing is a cheap team online. I checked the leader boards and he was ranked #2 so I was proud to have only lost 7-27.

Anybody know how to counteract that strategy?

# 80 bcruise @ 01/05/12 09:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tronmiked30
I played my first game online last night against a wildmanbill or something like that. He would knock down all of my wr's and rb's right off the line. Albeit a great strategy but it really turned me off to playing other blitz folks online. Hopefully that isn't how everyone plays. He also used the packers which I'm guessing is a cheap team online. I checked the leader boards and he was ranked #2 so I was proud to have only lost 7-27.

Anybody know how to counteract that strategy?
You can motion one player in the backfield before the snap with left/right on the L-Stick. If you motion him to the opposite side the guy is playing on, there's no way he'll be able to knock all your receivers out off the line. Many plays have the receivers spread to each side anyway, so he can't start the play by knocking out one, and then switching to knock out the guy on the other side - he'll just get the guy closest to the ball.

More than anything, the biggest thorn in my side is getting the guys who just rush the safety every play (obvious when they run in place at the LOS). You can use your motion guy to line up with him and then hold Turbo right before you snap. He'll block for you instead of running his route, and usually pick up the blitzer, which is bound to leave someone wide open (and even if it doesn't, single coverage in this game is risky to say the least - you'll probably get a completion anyway).

Also, I beat the Pack twice in a row with Dallas. They're not invincible.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.