Home
NFL Blitz News Post

NFL Blitz is available now, as a digital download on PSN (PS3) and will be available tomorrow morning on the Marketplace (360) for $14.99.

Please post your impressions here.

Game: NFL BlitzReader Score: 5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 6 - View All
NFL Blitz Videos
Member Comments
# 101 falcons2003 @ 01/07/12 11:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wEEman33
It's because the control scheme is based on the old arcade game that had only 1 joystick and 3 buttons:

I'm just glad they gave us an actual spin button now (B button). In the old days, you had to double-tap turbo, which was unreliable.

The new juke move they added to this game (on the bumpers) seems totally worthless. I can't get it to work at all.

I just revert to trying to juke people using the left joystick. Seems much more effective to me, but maybe that's just a result of my experience with the old game and inexperience with this new juke button.
I really don't have any problems with alot of complaints people have had with the game. And I understand it's based on the old control scheme and the old game. But like you said they added a new juke button and spin option so they did change those aspects, then why couldn't they just make a stand alone jump, or intercept button? It seems like a pretty important function in regards to game play. Sure it may work, but it really doesn't work like it should, and its very random.

# 102 jyoung @ 01/07/12 03:05 PM
Yep, if they were going to take the effort to add new buttons to the game (spin, juke), they definitely could have separated the jump move from the dive move and split them up onto different buttons.

# 103 TDiddy8701 @ 01/07/12 03:12 PM
first off, I have to say I finished runner-up in an Arcade NFL Blitz tournament (32 players) in Orlando when the first one came out... so I KNOW I was good at the original one

got the game last night...

I'm absolutely HORRIBLE at this game... I seem to fumble a TON (why?!), catch-up AI blows, and I have a hard enough time beating the CPU on hard mode... either I'm incredibly rusty or something is up... I normally slaughter people in Midway sports games

how do you get off the line faster (on D)? I can't figure it out

# 104 jyoung @ 01/07/12 03:16 PM
The "skill" attribute is what determines the likelihood of a fumble. Players with a high skill rating are less likely to fumble.

Also, the more spins or jukes you do in a given play, the more likely you are to fumble.

That said, the CPU cheats a lot in this game. I don't like playing them.

# 105 jyoung @ 01/07/12 04:51 PM
Some of these "pro" player cards are awesome.

Peyton Hillis has 5 "power"! I think he may be the only offensive player with that much strength.

# 106 JayBee74 @ 01/07/12 06:18 PM
Quote:
Use the "tournament mode" code to turn off the rubber band AI.

That worked in the old Blitzes. It also disables all other cheat codes.
Does it work for the rubberband AI? It says it's for Friends Co-op and Elite League Friends games, not against the CPU.

# 107 jyoung @ 01/07/12 11:00 PM
Antonio Gates is definitely the best receiver I've unlocked so far.

Just got his "pro" card and it is beastly.

# 108 JayBee74 @ 01/08/12 11:10 AM
Quote:
Antonio Gates is definitely the best receiver I've unlocked so far.

Just got his "pro" card and it is beastly.
Can you play unlocked players online?

# 109 JayBee74 @ 01/08/12 11:25 AM
Quote:
Use the "tournament mode" code to turn off the rubber band AI.

That worked in the old Blitzes. It also disables all other cheat codes.
Do you have to enter it once you've unlocked it? If so what is it?

# 110 jyoung @ 01/08/12 11:29 AM
Elite League is the mode that lets you used unlocked player cards. Calvin Johnson "pro" card + Antonio Gates "pro" card is tough to beat at WR.

Tournament mode is a code you unlock in the Blitz Store. Enter the code at the tonight's matchup screen to disable all other codes and turn off the comeback AI.

# 111 JayBee74 @ 01/08/12 11:44 AM
Quote:
Elite League is the mode that lets you used unlocked player cards. Calvin Johnson "pro" card + Antonio Gates "pro" card is tough to beat at WR.

Tournament mode is a code you unlock in the Blitz Store. Enter the code at the tonight's matchup screen to disable all other codes and turn off the comeback AI.
Thanks, I just saw how to do that. I didn't notice the three field goal post at the Blitz Store unlock screen.

# 112 JayBee74 @ 01/08/12 12:07 PM
I like the game. I never played Blitz that much before. I got destroyed in one online match. I'll play the CPU a bit more until I develop a semblance of defense.

Did they ever come up with an online NHL Hitz for the 360?

Interesting that on the "Split Back" play WR Crabtree and TE Vernon Davis are the backs and Frank Gore is the WR.

# 113 jyoung @ 01/08/12 02:01 PM
Yeah this game could really use formation subs.

Some of the formations have the RB lined up as a WR and WRs lined up as RBs for no reason.

It would also be nice to choose your kick returner instead of having it automatically default to your #1 WR.

# 114 falcons2003 @ 01/08/12 04:21 PM
So I tested the "Intercept" ball button on defense.

My parameters were make sure the DB was in front of the WR facing the QB and with in reason to make a play on the ball. No turbo, just the triangle button on Ps3 while the ball was in the air. In 3 games I only got my defender to go into a catch animation two times. Every other time, when my defender was in front of the WR, next to the wr about to make a play on the ball, when pressing triangle, the defender dives. The only two times it worked, they were INTS, almost making me think if it was pre-determined?

Really interested to see what others have noticed. I don't think it's a timing thing, it might just be random. Still can't get over why they made dive and intercept button the same, even though dive has its own button.

# 115 Blzer @ 01/08/12 08:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by falcons2003
So I tested the "Intercept" ball button on defense.

My parameters were make sure the DB was in front of the WR facing the QB and with in reason to make a play on the ball. No turbo, just the triangle button on Ps3 while the ball was in the air. In 3 games I only got my defender to go into a catch animation two times. Every other time, when my defender was in front of the WR, next to the wr about to make a play on the ball, when pressing triangle, the defender dives. The only two times it worked, they were INTS, almost making me think if it was pre-determined?

Really interested to see what others have noticed. I don't think it's a timing thing, it might just be random. Still can't get over why they made dive and intercept button the same, even though dive has its own button.
I think I've already played this game well over 40 times, and I have yet to make a user-controlled leap. It's not very intuitive.

# 116 falcons2003 @ 01/08/12 09:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
I think I've already played this game well over 40 times, and I have yet to make a user-controlled leap. It's not very intuitive.
thanks for the input. Wanted to make sure it just wasn't me.

Just still makes me wonder, why would they have two dive buttons? And why map the one as the same to another button that is important???? it's just like wow. How frustrating for gameplay. I mean didn't they see this was going to be a problem? I know it's just an arcade/network title, but still.

# 117 TDiddy8701 @ 01/08/12 11:00 PM
How do you get off the line quicker on D? I legit have zero shot to even throw the ball when I play again people that blitz unless I'm in shotgun... They seem to be able to get to me quicker than I can get top them

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

# 118 bcruise @ 01/08/12 11:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TDiddy8701
How do you get off the line quicker on D? I legit have zero shot to even throw the ball when I play again people that blitz unless I'm in shotgun... They seem to be able to get to me quicker than I can get top them

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
I can't say for sure about getting off the line faster (not sure you can unless you dive or time a shove perfectly on the O-line guy). But as for them getting to you, remember that you don't have to drop straight back to throw. If your opponent's controlling a left side D-line or LB, roll to the right right off the snap. It'll give you time for at least one look before he can get to you.

At least, I was able to do that with Romo pretty easily...not sure how different it would be for pocket QB's in this game. If I saw a guy 'mario running" on one side before the snap, I'd just hold mostly the other direction and a little bit backwards right off the snap...usually gave me enough time to throw.

# 119 BCDX97 @ 01/09/12 02:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee74

Did they ever come up with an online NHL Hitz for the 360?
No, but it would cool if they did. The 3-on-3 NHL Arcade is really, really fun. I like Blitz a lot so far, I like NBA Jam a lot, but I loved that game.

# 120 jyoung @ 01/09/12 12:21 PM
It's unlikely that we'll see a new Hitz at this point since Mark Turmell (original JAM/Blitz creator) is no longer with EA.

This was his last project before he left EA.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.