Home
News Post

The soundtrack for MLB 12 The Show has been revealed at Playstation.Blog.

Quote:
“Gold on the Ceiling”
Performed by The Black Keys

“Zed and Two Naughts”
Performed by The Mars Volta

“New Lands”
Performed by Justice

“Into the Sun”
Performed by The Parlor Mob

“Devil Is a Lady”
Performed by The Chain Gang of 1974

“No Love”
Performed by Hooray for Earth

“Learn My Lesson”
Performed by The Sheepdogs

“Struck Dumb”
Performed by The Futureheads

“U Got the Look”
Performed by JEFF the Brotherhood

“She’s Enough”
Performed by Atmosphere

Game: MLB 12 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3Votes for game: 55 - View All
MLB 12 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Blzer @ 01/05/12 01:44 PM
Sorry, this is pretty unrelated, but I must say... I think I already know how that menu background will animate, and as I see it already, it is looking damn sexy.

Here's a larger image, by the way:

# 2 Perfect Zero @ 01/05/12 01:44 PM
Hmm... I usually like the soundtracks but this one is a miss for me.

# 3 HustlinOwl @ 01/05/12 01:53 PM
Im intrigued by icons in bottom left

# 4 Bobhead @ 01/05/12 02:00 PM
I always enjoy hearing all the music that comes on a game's soundtrack, especially if it's artists I'd never heard before. I would much rather hear random songs from "nobodies" and up and coming artists than a bunch of songs that already play on the radio 500 times a day.

I don't remember what sports game it was, but about 5 years ago there was a game that came with "Remember The Name" by Fort Minor, and it was the first time I'd ever heard of them, or the song. 5 years later that's still one of my favorite songs; so it's nice to see that I don't recognize anything on the list.

# 5 EHS_25 @ 01/05/12 07:43 PM
well this playlist sucks

# 6 Geolink @ 01/05/12 07:45 PM
Never heard of none of these bands. Where's the variation in the music? All I see are rock bands.

# 7 Sparkles @ 01/05/12 07:51 PM
BLACK KEYS!!!!!!!!!!

# 8 pittsburgher86 @ 01/05/12 08:05 PM
Thank god for being able to import your own songs into the game, cause I've never heard any of these songs/bands. Nor do I care to listen to them.

# 9 Black59Razr @ 01/05/12 08:36 PM
Its all skinny jeans rock

# 10 Marino @ 01/05/12 08:41 PM
Black Keys intrigue me, ill just put my own music on there as well.

Sent from Hayden Panettiere's #1 fan

# 11 MetsFan16 @ 01/05/12 08:47 PM
I could care less about the soundtrack because I upload my own music. But the menus look so much better. It looks like the stadium was removed and there is some personalization to it. Love it!

# 12 brett the jet favre @ 01/05/12 10:08 PM
“She’s Enough”
Performed by Atmosphere

All i've heard of..

# 13 DickDalewood @ 01/05/12 10:21 PM
These guys always nail it with a solid "baseball feel" soundtrack... love it.

Nothing will ever top MVP 2005 though (although NCAA football 2006 was a VERY close second).

# 14 Still2REal @ 01/05/12 10:25 PM
never heard of any of these bands other than the Black Keys but I'm sure I'll be getting to know them.

# 15 kg54mvp1 @ 01/05/12 10:41 PM
black keys?! ok im buying this now!

# 16 dickey1331 @ 01/05/12 10:44 PM
Im sure Ill end up buying all the songs just like with 11. The Show always picks great songs.

# 17 econoodle @ 01/05/12 11:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetsFan16
I could care less about the soundtrack because I upload my own music. But the menus look so much better. It looks like the stadium was removed and there is some personalization to it. Love it!
i don't know, they look very close the menus from last year.
same skeleton, a few different colors.

boy thank goodness for custom soundtracks! lol
tho i doubt the selection would look like that if Customs weren't a part of the Show.

# 18 JoeCoolMan24 @ 01/05/12 11:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geolink
Never heard of none of these bands. Where's the variation in the music? All I see are rock bands.
Well, Atmosphere is more of a rapper than rock.

# 19 Russell_SCEA @ 01/05/12 11:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by econoodle
i don't know, they look very close the menus from last year.
same skeleton, a few different colors.

boy thank goodness for custom soundtracks! lol
tho i doubt the selection would look like that if Customs weren't a part of the Show.

Sorry Sr. you are incorrect

# 20 econoodle @ 01/05/12 11:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
Sorry Sr. you are incorrect
hi Russ.while i am sure u guys redid it, but with all due respect, its still very close to the others from years past, my eyes aren't lying.

same fonts, same base design.
you say it isnt the same skeleton, which means u guys redid it from scratch?
then why does it look so similar?

wondering why a simple revamp of the menus hasnt happened yet.

not talking background, but the info box.
plus the bottom left thing is the same, with the hitting select to pick the other options. not a huge deal, but just pointing it out.

r u saying after seeing those two pics side by side, thatthis is an all new style? not a variation of the last few years?
i cant agree that its all new. Honestly, if people looked at both, they would agree.

anyways, i like others was hoping for some BRAND new menus after seeing basically the same look with slight variations for the duration of the ps3 era.

its a small detail that gives the game a whole fresh new look.
especially when asking 60 bucks, giving the game a new look visually in the front end and menus goes a little bit of a way to give u the feeling of something new.

plus the menus have a hitch, where it plays that sound when you clikc on something and then there's a delay. maybe a new design would eliminate that.

most other sports games this gen if not all change the menus every year as do sports networks.
so russ if u will, what do u think is different bout that menu as opposed to last years or the year before?
EDIT: ADDED PICS

« Previous1234Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.