Home
Grand Slam Tennis 2 News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

The EA SPORTS™ Grand Slam® Tennis 2 demo is available today on Xbox LIVE® and the PlayStation® Network. Start out playing as the world’s number one ranked player*, Novak Djokovic on the Practice Court to develop your shots using Total Racquet Control, and progress to Play Now to experience the rivalry of Djokovic and Rafael Nadal on Wimbledon’s Centre Court. The full game will be available in stores in North America on February 14 and elsewhere worldwide** by February 10.

EA SPORTS Grand Slam® Tennis 2 will include a host of gameplay features including:
  • All-New Total Racquet Control: Control every shot with the right analog stick, smashing forehands, backhands, overheads and volleys with precision, accuracy and power.
  • Become a Champion: Become a true Grand Slam® tournament champion by capturing all four major championships in succession – including Wimbledon (exclusive to the EA SPORTS Grand Slam® Tennis franchise).
  • PlayStation Move Support: The motion control experience gets you on your feet and puts a racquet right in the palm of your hands.
  • Legends of Now and Then: Play with or against more than 20 of the greatest players to ever grace the courts, including Roger Federer, Rafael Nadal, Novak Djokovic, Bjorn Borg, Maria Sharapova, Serena and Venus Williams.
  • Professional, Realistic, Organic (P.R.O.). AI: The playing styles and behaviors of the sport’s greatest stars are captured right down to their signature swings and emotional reactions. Realistic tactics and strategies are your keys to success against each legend whether playing on hard court, clay or grass.
  • ESPN Grand Slam® Tournament Classics: Relive some of the most memorable moments in tennis. From Borg versus McEnroe, to Nadal versus Federer, play your way through history unlocking up to 25 amazing moments of Grand Slam® tournaments.

Game: Grand Slam Tennis 2Reader Score: 4/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 2 - View All
Grand Slam Tennis 2 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 The Bimmer @ 01/09/12 05:06 PM
Right on, 10-4

# 2 bonannogiovanni @ 01/09/12 06:54 PM
Looking forward to trying the new controls, I hope it feels like a simulation on par with Top Spin, not arcadish a la Virtua...

# 3 PVarck31 @ 01/10/12 12:29 AM
Definitely gonna be checking this out.

# 4 Dazraz @ 01/10/12 09:20 AM
Just tried the demo. Like what I see so far.

# 5 davis420 @ 01/10/12 11:49 AM
Just finished downloading, will post in a little bit.

# 6 georgiafan @ 01/10/12 01:28 PM
any impressions so far?

# 7 canucksss @ 01/10/12 01:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazraz
Just tried the demo. Like what I see so far.
can you compare it with TS4?

# 8 HustlinOwl @ 01/10/12 01:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan
any impressions so far?
yea how come we can get all these Tennis games an no NCAA Basketball

# 9 georgiafan @ 01/10/12 01:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HustlinOwl
yea how come we can get all these Tennis games an no NCAA Basketball
whats going on ol friend, how u been? It would be nice to get a new NCAA basketball game

# 10 ps3veron @ 01/10/12 01:42 PM
Is it on PSN yet? Whats the download size?

How many sets can we play in the demo and with what players?

Looking forward to hearing your impressions!

# 11 Goblowsoup @ 01/10/12 02:50 PM
1.08 GB on xbox. So far so good, when they showed off the new control scheme I was a little concerned on playability and control, but I actually enjoy the controls. I think it's more responsive than TS3, still need to try 4 and compare the two.

# 12 tanner75 @ 01/10/12 04:20 PM
Downloading from PSN now, just search grand slam tennis 2 to find it!

# 13 at23steelers @ 01/10/12 08:07 PM
Graphics are good, players look like themselves. I will say that the players move way too fast, are too powerful at the net, and I'm not a fan of the huge, colorful ball trail. The commentary is ok, but will get repetitive.

# 14 CaptainZombie @ 01/10/12 08:12 PM
Has anyone tried this yet with Move?

# 15 davis420 @ 01/10/12 08:28 PM
I only messed with the practice mode but the new swing control seems to work pretty good.

# 16 at23steelers @ 01/10/12 08:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by davis420
I only messed with the practice mode but the new swing control seems to work pretty good.
How do you aim it? Is it when you swing back, forward, both? I tried to go cross-court and it went down the line almost always.

# 17 Flawless @ 01/10/12 08:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainZombie
Has anyone tried this yet with Move?
Didn't like the Move controls: simplistic, really forgiving, and felt tacked on. Still haven't played anything that offers the precision and accuracy that Sports Champions provides with the Move.

# 18 DickDalewood @ 01/10/12 09:18 PM
FINALLY... a tennis game with some freakin' commentary! And GOOD commentary at that. Adds SO much to the experience IMO... like watching a match in the middle of summer. The right stick controls were refreshing and fun as well.

I just may have to pick this up now...

# 19 CaptainZombie @ 01/10/12 09:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flawless
Didn't like the Move controls: simplistic, really forgiving, and felt tacked on. Still haven't played anything that offers the precision and accuracy that Sports Champions provides with the Move.
Thanks Flawless, that's a shame since the Wii version was pretty good with motion controls.

# 20 clivo1050 @ 01/10/12 10:31 PM
Surprisingly, I really liked this demo. The graphics are good, commentary seems solid and the controls are engaging. I have trouble placing the ball where I want it, though.

I can't remember the last time I bought a tennis game, but I might have to pick this up!

« Previous1234Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.