Home
News Post

Just wanted to let you guys know that we are expanding the Pitch speed slider more so that each notch will mean more than it currently does. (Like many of you asked for in another thread) Although ideally we would like to make this more extreme, there is a balance point that we need to be careful with. If we allow the speeds to be too slow or too fast, we jeopardize the balance of the game by making stealing too easy or too difficult. But we were able to open this up more than last year's version without effective the competitive balance of stealing. Hope this helps!

Game: MLB 12 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3Votes for game: 55 - View All
MLB 12 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 21 dodgerblue @ 01/22/12 06:14 PM
How ridiculous, what does it matter to you if a guy wants to slow down the pitch speed? You play it the way you want, and he plays it the way he wants and everyone is happy, no?

# 22 rudyjuly2 @ 01/22/12 08:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgerblue
How ridiculous, what does it matter to you if a guy wants to slow down the pitch speed? You play it the way you want, and he plays it the way he wants and everyone is happy, no?
Exactly. I don't understand how expanding the sliders so some of us can slow it down a little more would impact anyone else that wouldn't do this. They can keep the default stuff exactly the same, just give me the tools to fine-tune the game for me. If you don't want to slow it down then don't. It won't affect the game at all for you.

It's a very simple concept and if some of you can't respect the fact that other people have different skill sets then you need to learn how to respect other peoples' opinions and not just your own.

# 23 CMH @ 01/22/12 08:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by khronikos
To a point this is true.
It never fails here.

I'm going to ask politely one last time that these comments end right now.

# 24 rudyjuly2 @ 01/22/12 09:23 PM
Quote:
If you cannot catch up with a ball in 12 on the slowest speed it is pretty safe to say imo that this game is not for you and neither is hitting a baseball.
So if we do struggle with pitch speed we should just accept that we shouldn't play this game? Please.

Quote:
you are on shaky ground asking for something to be slower so we all then have to retune and rebalance the game because you cannot hit properly. At some point the game will become an arcade game with no talent required.
Are you not reading our posts? If you don't slow down the slider how does this force all of you to retune and rebalance the game. It doesn't.

Quote:

You have to max your hitting sliders as well and put all their pitching sliders down. Readjust the batting view. I have a VERY hard time understanding how people cannot hit with all of these things in place.
Again another post where all you can understand is your own opinion. This has been argued by many of us who struggle.

Quote:
Add in all the sliders you can use and you should be able to find something that you can hit with in this game for 12. There are so many options that I just cannot believe people are doing this right. Complaining about changing it to be even slower is not the thing to do until you have tested everything.
Some of us have tried everything. I can get hits but do I want every fastball to be hit to the opposite field? No. Do I want to strike out a ton and never walk? No. Slowing down pitch speed a little more will allow us to pull more balls and still work a few more walks. Again, if you don't have a problem then don't worry about it. I fail to see how this affects you and yet you seem intent on making sure those that struggle with this aspect continue to struggle.

# 25 CMH @ 01/22/12 09:34 PM
Quote:
Did you guys even read my post before you got on the hate train? I didn't say anything to the detriment of anybody I just proved the point I was trying to make. You'll see in my post the actual fact I say people deserve to be able to play and hit the way they want just not at the detriment to the actual game balance, which the devs brought up in this thread, and without taking into account if the person in question has even tried to mitigate the factors that lead them to not be a good hitter.

Please actually read my post before you take out your all powerful mod powers of destruction. This isn't a fascist site AFAIK. I was simply proving a point I made. Nowhere did I say you don't deserve anything and you can stuff it. I also listed MLB 12 as my grounds not MLB 11 as Boboooom did. They will be two very different games.
When did I say anything about your argument?

I asked that we stop talking about your argument. This is about pitch speeds being slower because the development team found a way to do it without hurting the development time needed for the rest of the game.

I'd ask: "So what's the point of your argument?" except that I don't want to read the answer because this has already gone on longer than it needs to. Why am I wasting time having to say this?

# 26 Pared @ 01/22/12 09:42 PM
This is EXACTLY what we don't need in the forums.

Back to the topic.

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.