Home
Madden NFL 13 News Post

Hey all,

So I'm looking to find out all that I can about stadium-specific songs for NFL teams in the league. So with that in mind, give me all that you can as it relates to your home squad's stadium-specific tunes!

I'm looking for things that affect kickoffs, 1st downs, red zone, touchdown, play reviews/challenges, general time outs, etc.

I'll take as many responses as you can dish out so name as many scenario-specific moments as you wish as long as they're authentic to that team/stadium.

Thanks everybody.

(PS, don't read into this very deeply, it's more just something I was asked to do out of curiosity.)

Game: Madden NFL 13Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii U / Xbox 360Votes for game: 77 - View All
Madden NFL 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 chen_sc @ 01/12/12 05:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightz
In addition to the above, the Chargers fire a cannon after every score. And I believe the "San Diego Super Chargers" song is played randomly.
please re-make the cannon shots sound...madden 12 doesn't have it at all, but in madden 11 the cannon shots didn't sound like they sound in reality...

# 22 sydrogerdavid @ 01/12/12 06:11 PM
The Steelers use Renegade by Styx.

# 23 ikilleni @ 01/12/12 06:25 PM
Renegade by the Steelers gets fans crazed more than any song in a stadium I've ever seen. Show at various points in the fourth quarter as decided by the sound manager

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cgz7-4rB8eA&feature=related

# 24 NYwRiter94 @ 01/12/12 08:49 PM
Giants Season Ticket Holder--Here we go:

Pre-Intro: Before video, they play "Wake Up" by Rage Against the Machine as the players walk through the tunnels and tap the NY Giant Pride sign
Intro: Giants run out (after intro video) to "Written in the Stars" by Tinie Tempah (earlier in the year, was "Run This Town" by Jay-Z feat. Rihanna)
Kickoff: "Hell's Bells" by AC/DC (only plays one bell before guitar comes in)
Touchdown: "Back in the New York Groove" by Ace Frehley (also played again after extra points)
Sack: Intro riff from "Lean Back" by Fat Joe
Other Songs: "Victory" by P. Diddy feat. Notorious BIG and Busta Rhymes, "Hypnotize" by Notorious BIG, "Jump Around" by House of Pain (always played during the fourth quarter)
Sounds: Homer Simpson's "Doh!" when opposing team commits a foul, some guy laughing and saying "Yeah baby, yeah" when receivers catch the ball (possibly a certain one), salsa music playing on certain catches by Victor Cruz

I'll try to remember some more, especially the random stoppage-in-play songs.

Question: Is there any way the official team videos (like this) for each team could be shown on screen before the home team runs out? I think that's the single biggest thing that builds up the atmosphere in the stadium, and really drives the crowd right before the team runs out.

# 25 Kevin26385 @ 01/12/12 09:00 PM
Chicago Bears(Been to every game but one the past 4 years)
Any Kickoff -
1) If Devin Hester is back to return (Soulja Boy Tell' em-Crank That)
2) If the Bears kick off (Metallica-From Whom the Bell Tolls)

Bears Touchdown/Field Goal as well - Bear Down Chicago Bears

Bears First Down- PA Announcer example: "Matt Fore gains two yards for a CHICAGO BEARS FIRST DOWN!!"

End of Game Bears Victory - Bear Down Chicago Bears

Timeout- PA: "There's a timeout" crowd responds "Where?" PA: "On the field" Crowd responds "ohhhhhh"

Other- "Lets Go Bears" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GMIF...eature=related
This is played usually when the Bears are playing on defense and need a "pick me up" so in redzone/3rd down situations where they need a stop.

Bear Down Chicago Bears http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGNs7Xsql8w
Soulja Boy Tell- em-Crank That http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UFIYGkROII&ob=av2e
Metallica-From Whom The Bell tolls http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mK7Z91voAI4

# 26 blklightning @ 01/12/12 09:13 PM
i like this thread. i just rented 2012 from gamefly and the audio sucks. this stuff right here is what's needed. good job, chase.

# 27 patsoxcelts @ 01/12/12 09:18 PM
Patriots:

Touchdown: This is our house
Kickoff: For those about to rock/Sandman
Before defensive drive: welcome to the jungle(sometimes)

Ya thats all i can really tell you

# 28 CarryTheWeight @ 01/12/12 09:27 PM
Buffalo Bills - Ralph Wilson Stadium (additional thanks to OS user jbd345)

Kickoffs: "Seven Nation Army" - The White Stripes (fans chant along, see: Italian National Soccer Team, 2006)

Touchdowns: "Black Betty" - Ram Jam. Starts immediately from the trademark guitar riff, I believe, then goes into the verse before the extra point. PA announces details of touchdown (yardage gained, player name/number, et cetera) while song plays.

Away Team's Offense Before Third Down: The sound of a boxing bell tolling, but mostly silence on the PA other than "third down, (team name) at the ____ yard line". Mainly done for fan cheers/chants which normally begin to swell immediately after the aforementioned announcement.

Notable "Generic" Stoppage Songs I've Heard: "Slaughtered" - Pantera, "Shipping Off to Boston" - Dropkick Murphys, HEAVY reliance on classic rock including some guitar instrumentals from the likes of Joe Satriani, along with top 40 pop ("Party Rock Anthem" et. al.) Pretty straightforward and unimpressive.

Kickoff Returns: Not sure if they use it anymore, but the public address played the sound of stampeding buffalo (along with a video on the scoreboard) but I'm pretty sure they dropped that this season. If other Bills fans can add some more depth on this topic, I'll be grateful.

Post Field-Goal/PAT: A single explosion of fireworks followed by the Bills fight song, "Shout", which is already included in Madden --- though more authentic fan response would make it even better (fans clap along to the beat and respond to the "HEY-EY-EY-EY!" part of the chorus, which Madden thankfully begins on).

Player Introductions: Instrumental of "Burn It To The Ground" by Nickelback (see: Monday Night Raw, NHL 10 )

PA Announcer Style: Our actual PA announcer may change next year due to his employment at a radio station that isn't carrying the Bills any longer. Regardless, his cadence during pass plays usually consists of something like this: "Fitzpatrick's pass...complete to Johnson...gain of ten...first down Buffalo." From what I remember, the same bell that tolls during the "away team on third down" instance happens again in this situation.

I live just two minutes away from Ralph Wilson Stadium in Orchard Park. Frankly, "The Ralph" is a bit generic in terms of game-day atmosphere and there isn't really much in the way of trademark music or public address shoutouts, especially compared to other stadiums. If my memory returns, I'll be glad to add to my post.

Thank you for your consideration!

# 29 DubTrey1 @ 01/12/12 10:17 PM
Houston Texans have two songs - when the team comes out, they play "Houston" by Slim Thug ft. Paul Wall & Chamillionaire. During the game after a big stop on 3rd down to force a punt or a sack they play Bulls on Parade riff from Rage Against the Machine.

# 30 drewst18 @ 01/12/12 11:42 PM
Gridiron heros

Forward down the field. A charging team that will not yield.
And when the Blue and Silver Wave
Stand and cheer the brave.
RAH! RAH! RAH!
Go hard with the game. With honor you will keep your fame!
Down the field and gain...
A Lions victory!
Gooooooooooooooooooo Lions!

After any score.

# 31 RedZoneD25 @ 01/13/12 12:23 AM
I know the Eagles play "Kickstart My Heart" by Motley Crue and "Unchained" by Van Halen a lot during kickoffs and "breaks from the action"

# 32 ChaseB @ 01/13/12 01:05 AM
Again, just to be clear, this is nothing more than a fact-finding mission but it's still all helpful stuff.

Thanks so far, keep it coming!

# 33 ImxNikx @ 01/13/12 05:17 AM
Hells bells by acdc for oakland

# 34 ladyboyfriend @ 01/13/12 03:17 PM
Madden 11 and 12 have had the "Here we go Steelers" chant in there on third and fourth downs, but there is an organ that plays the melody of that chant at various points in the game. This organ song has been played since the Steelers played in Three Rivers Stadium. Would be great to have that in there for authenticity.

# 35 Pats12TO81 @ 01/13/12 03:37 PM
New England Patriots- ACDC: thunderstruck
Bon Jovi: This is our house

# 36 Pats12TO81 @ 01/13/12 03:38 PM
New England Pats also Crazy Train by Ozzy Osborne

# 37 DUDERMAN @ 01/13/12 08:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB
Is there a specific moment this occurs? The more specific you guys are the better.
After the players are announced at the Linc, they play a montage video with the rocky theme (gonna fly now) playing. Immediately after that video they start the beginning to "eye of the tiger" by Survivor. During the riff, when it hits the chord that is held, the music fades out and the ball is kicked off.

They almost always come out after halftime to the beginning heavy riff in "Enter Sandman" by Metallica. Those are the only 3 songs that are constant at the Linc. The others played throughout are normally just current hits or classic riffs (welcome to the jungle, machinehead) or they shoehorn in some of the tracks from the latest Madden game (seriously, every year at that stadium I hear an oddball song that I only hear in Madden).

Of course, they always play their fight song (fly, eagles, fly) after every touchdown. Oh, and they almost always play "in the air tonight" by Phil Collins once during night games.

If I think of any more, I will edit this post but the Eagles really don't have a lot of "set" songs that they use at home.

PS- Not that it matters, but I am a season ticket holder so even though I'm not always paying attention to what is played, I think I have a pretty good idea.

# 38 DeuceDouglas @ 01/13/12 08:46 PM
Arrowhead Stadium after Touchdown - Gary Glitter - Rock N Roll Part 2

# 39 LegendRyder @ 01/13/12 09:26 PM
I don't know if someone already mentioned this, but Bittersweet Symphony by the Verve is the Seattle Seahawks song during player introductions. It's pretty euphoric when you're there in person in my opinion.

# 40 Warehouse @ 01/14/12 02:19 PM
Baltimore has "Hot In Herre" by Nelly for the entrances

Cleveland has "Dogs Of War" by Pink Floyd as opening or beginning of second half kick-offs

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.