Home
News Post

Amazon has leaked out some of the MLB 12 The Show Diamond Dynasty details.

Quote:
Diamond Dynasty - Manage your very own fully customizable MLB team online. Challenge and beat CPU controlled MLB teams to recruit MLB stars for your team, and compete against other users customized teams for development points.

Does this mode interest you?

Game: MLB 12 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3Votes for game: 55 - View All
MLB 12 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 61 bukktown @ 01/18/12 10:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfect Zero
Maybe we should all take a chill pill and actually, ya know, play the mode before we complain about it? Heck, I bet we don't even know half the information about what its going to be.
Yes. Chill pill FTW!

# 62 Greene_Flash03 @ 01/18/12 10:51 PM
This sounds like the Master League from PES series. Actually, it's the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 63 starryclub @ 01/19/12 12:15 AM
It's always interesting to add more modes. However, I won't be touching this. I only want realistic off-line play.

# 64 Blzer @ 01/19/12 12:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starryclub
It's always interesting to add more modes. However, I won't be touching this. I only want realistic off-line play.
The nine innings that you play on the field aren't any different.

# 65 captainda9 @ 01/19/12 12:27 AM
not too into it.probably wont touch it.

# 66 Cod @ 01/19/12 04:23 PM
Yay! Another "make more money mode" in a sports game that will end up getting all the developers attention year after year. Enjoy franchise mode this year boys and girls because all the focus and support will be on Diamond Dynasty from here on out since its where the revenue will come from (ala FIFA, etc.). I wonder how much the packs will be...

# 67 Mad dog 31 @ 01/19/12 04:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cod
Yay! Another "make more money mode" in a sports game that will end up getting all the developers attention year after year. Enjoy franchise mode this year boys and girls because all the focus and support will be on Diamond Dynasty from here on out since its where the revenue is (ala FIFA, etc.).
The Show will still be the best baseball sim on the market....

# 68 sink4ever @ 01/19/12 04:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cod
Yay! Another "make more money mode" in a sports game that will end up getting all the developers attention year after year. Enjoy franchise mode this year boys and girls because all the focus and support will be on Diamond Dynasty from here on out since its where the revenue is (ala FIFA, etc.).
A) The details haven't even been released yet, so we don't even know what exactly this mode is about.

B) Where are you getting "make more money"?

C) It's been in the works for about 4 years, have you seen lackluster development in that time? No, you haven't.

D) Once again, because I cannot stress this enough, the details aren't out yet!

# 69 pay_26 @ 01/19/12 04:47 PM
Hey Russell Diamond Dynasty will be only online?

# 70 Cod @ 01/19/12 04:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sink4ever
A) The details haven't even been released yet, so we don't even know what exactly this mode is about.

B) Where are you getting "make more money"?

C) It's been in the works for about 4 years, have you seen lackluster development in that time? No, you haven't.

D) Once again, because I cannot stress this enough, the details aren't out yet!
A) Everything we do know screams "Ultimate Team"-like mode. I could be wrong, but highly doubtful as most sports games have been adding micro-transaction features (which The Show already does with boost points).

B) Modes like this are meant to have users spending a few bucks here and there for packs. In FIFA, a bronze pack is $0.50 while a gold pack is $3.00. Of course, gold packs contain better players for your team. Hence, if the mode is what most think it will be, SCEA will continue bringing in money throughout the game's life cycle. A buck here and there can add up quickly and requires zero effort on the developer's part once the game is released.

C) It was in development for four years because it was being prototyped and tested. Stuff that is prototyped isn't typically at the forefront of a development cycle. Basically, a mode in development doesn't make money, which is why the focus wasn't all there. Once the mode starts bringing in revenue (see B), it will quickly move up in importance because face it, companies want to make more money.

D) Speculation is fun though.

# 71 jkra0512 @ 01/19/12 04:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cod
A) Everything we do know screams "Ultimate Team"-like mode. I could be wrong, but highly doubtful as most sports games have been adding micro-transaction features (which The Show already does with boost points).

B) Modes like this are meant to have users spending a few bucks here and there for packs. In FIFA, a bronze pack is $0.50 while a gold pack is $3.00. Of course, gold packs contain better players for your team. Hence, if the mode is what most think it will be, SCEA will continue bringing in money throughout the game's life cycle. A buck here and there can add up quickly and requires zero effort on the developer's part once the game is released.

C) It was in development for four years because it was being prototyped and tested. Stuff that is prototyped isn't typically at the forefront of a development cycle. Basically, a mode in development doesn't make money, which is why the focus wasn't all there. Once the mode starts bringing in revenue (see B), it will quickly move up in importance because face it, companies want to make more money.

D) Speculation is fun though.
RR said it wasn't an Ultimate Team-like mode that will nickel and dime its customers...

# 72 DuffHouse12 @ 01/19/12 05:43 PM
people know that you can do a fantasy draft in franchise mode, yeah? and then you can get any player you want through trading prospects and players ect....

why is there a separate mode for this?

# 73 BatsareBugs @ 01/19/12 06:05 PM
At this point no one is speculating anymore, everyone is diving right in on minimal details and writing off something that they know nothing about. It seems to me that either people are being sarcastic or just flat-out trolling and I think it might be time to lock-up any discussion on Diamond Dynasty until OFFICIAL information is ACTUALLY released.

# 74 Oriolesmagic @ 01/19/12 06:24 PM
*Reads description and people disappointed about the mode*

*Reads Russell's comment about how description is false*

*Reads about how people are disappointed about the mode*

# 75 Alistair @ 01/19/12 06:54 PM
Absolutely ZERO interest in this. What compels them to come up with junk like this? The game is near perfect as it is - just needs annual touch ups - not brand new gimmicky game modes.

# 76 sydrogerdavid @ 01/19/12 06:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alistair
Absolutely ZERO interest in this. What compels them to come up with junk like this? The game is near perfect as it is - just needs annual touch ups - not brand new gimmicky game modes.

You're not even going to give it a chance even though you have absolutely no knowledge about the mode other than the title. That's a shame.

Everything needs to stay fresh for it stay near perfect.

# 77 EnigmaNemesis @ 01/19/12 07:04 PM
Quote:
So when the 60+ feature (changes/improvements) fact sheet comes out, are you gonna still stomp your feet?

Ball physics alone is a game changer. And for the better. Plays like baseball.

# 78 tessl @ 01/19/12 07:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starryclub
The new modes get people excited and sell games. Move mode, Vita mode, Dynasty mode...and I'm just hoping they clean up manage mode.

# 79 soxnut1018 @ 01/19/12 07:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oriolesmagic
*Reads description and people disappointed about the mode*

*Reads Russell's comment about how description is false*

*Reads about how people are disappointed about the mode*

Quote:

# 80 nomo17k @ 01/19/12 07:43 PM
I think many guys reply and post to the OP before reading through the thread.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.