Home
News Post

Check out the latest MLB 12 The Show blog, discussing Online Everywhere, Unified Settings and Play Now Plus.

Quote:
For years there’s been somewhat of a line between the online areas of MLB The Show and the rest of the game…sometimes that line was faint, sometimes it was distinct. Coming into the development of MLB 12 The Show, we really wanted to eliminate that line so this lead to the idea of Online Everywhere.

Game: MLB 12 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3Votes for game: 55 - View All
MLB 12 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 1 myghty @ 01/18/12 03:32 PM
The background looks really nice.

# 2 Spaced Ace @ 01/19/12 04:28 AM
Seems cool. The million dollar question is this: Can San Diego Studios get the online play working right? If not, all this is pointless.

# 3 truintellectplaya @ 01/19/12 10:46 AM
Still does not mean online will be working properly.

# 4 catch212 @ 01/19/12 11:21 AM
What happened to the stadium background? That was one of the best visual things they put in the game in a long time. Now we get another generic "sliding logos" screen? Disappointed...

# 5 Geolink @ 01/19/12 11:39 AM
Background looks like MLB Network-ESPN-ish. Very nice.

# 6 HustlinOwl @ 01/19/12 11:42 AM

# 7 eMLBCommish @ 01/19/12 12:10 PM
We're arguing about backgrounds? Really? Backgrounds? Not the game...not the game....We're arguing about backgrounds??

This is beta (maybe even alpha) mode, and we're arguing about something subject to being changed 30 times before launch??

You guys are a tough crowd to please...

# 8 myghty @ 01/19/12 12:42 PM
Who the hell is arguing? Calm down dude, its call observation. Go rage elsewhere.

# 9 Blzer @ 01/19/12 12:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by myghty
Who the hell is arguing? Calm down dude, its call observation. Go rage elsewhere.
Yeah, what's going on? Someone asked why the profile personality was missing in the menus. It's a legitimate concern because of the awesomeness of it (though I think I'm going to love this background myself), but as we all know, the game is not in the menu.

Nevertheless, people are pleased by certain aesthetics. I personally know that this game would not be the same to me if it had an MSDOS look to its menus with no sort of front whatsoever. Tell me your favorite restaurant, and tell me that atmosphere/ambiance isn't factored into your reason for loving the place. Sure, the food is great... but what about everything else surrounding it?

The guy just had a question. Nothing worse than griping about a griper. Then again, I'm griping about a griping about a griper... INCEPTION!

Really liked that podcast, by the way. Not enough can be said about the dynamics of the new ball physics engine, simply because the possibilities in themselves are limitless.

# 10 Galvatron @ 01/19/12 01:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by catch212
What happened to the stadium background? That was one of the best visual things they put in the game in a long time. Now we get another generic "sliding logos" screen? Disappointed...
Yeah I agree. I was hoping they would have possibly expanded on it with different or new angles or maybe some outside shots of the stadium. Kind of a bummer they went back to the old style, although it IS very sharp looking.

I like the way they streamlined the menu settings navigating between online areas. I hope this idea was applied to other areas of the menus as well, as going through certain tasks of franchise mode can feel a little too complicated to navigate through at times.

# 11 eMLBCommish @ 01/19/12 03:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by myghty
I see identifying sarcasm is not a skill of yours, young padawan.

# 12 Jgainsey @ 01/19/12 04:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HustlinOwl
AWESOME!

Did everyone else already know about this!? That is the only way I could even begin to fathom people arguing about backgrounds after a nugget like this is dropped..

# 13 nomo17k @ 01/19/12 04:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgainsey
AWESOME!

Did everyone else already know about this!? That is the only way I could even begin to fathom people arguing about backgrounds after a nugget like this is dropped..
The same podcast was posted in another thread. It's a nice one to hear direct from a CD attendee for sure.

# 14 EnigmaNemesis @ 01/19/12 04:38 PM
Quote:
AWESOME!

We knew...

oh wait.

Gone is peer to peer. Dedicated servers. All we are gonna say about that. Stay tuned for more info and blogs from Sony.

# 15 thaSLAB @ 01/19/12 05:02 PM
Quote:
AWESOME!

LOL yeah, they have the whole "can't see the forest, for the trees" thing going on.

# 16 TN - BRAVES FAN @ 01/19/12 05:36 PM
Sweet dedicated servers....Now I am just praying that they have Mic Icons beside the users PSN name in the game lobbies, for those guys that use a headset

# 17 MetsFan16 @ 01/19/12 05:42 PM
I'm a little confused by this. What does this exactly mean? We don't have to log into SportsConnect? Is this any different than MLB 11?

# 18 Bobhead @ 01/19/12 08:36 PM
A summary of the podcast? I have no sound available right now.

# 19 Blzer @ 01/19/12 10:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobhead
A summary of the podcast? I have no sound available right now.
Things he was wowed over:

- The new ball physics
- The Vita version
- Online upgrades
- The way SCEA steps up day-in and day-out, year-in and year-out

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.