News Post

Game: MLB 12 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3Votes for game: 55 - View All
MLB 12 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 81 Blzer @ 01/19/12 01:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvman
Has SCEA ever thought about or considered keeping the focus on the ball for a split second as it leaves the bat instead of the immediate switch to the fielding cam?
It's been brought up numerous times, but they have a strong belief that is lowers your reaction time while fielding to a considerable amount that it is not worth the delay.

Though, if you watch the videos, it seems as though we get a few more frames in than we have in previous years I don't even think we technically got to see the ball make contact in the past. This time it's pretty much transition right upon the frame where the ball meets the bat. I'd personally like to see a few frames more (especially for the pitcher broadcast cam), but if they are going to change it more, this was at least an adjustment for the better.

# 82 tvman @ 01/19/12 01:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
It's been brought up numerous times, but they have a strong belief that is lowers your reaction time while fielding to a considerable amount that it is not worth the delay.

Though, if you watch the videos, it seems as though we get a few more frames in than we have in previous years I don't even think we technically got to see the ball make contact in the past. This time it's pretty much transition right upon the frame where the ball meets the bat. I'd personally like to see a few frames more (especially for the pitcher broadcast cam), but if they are going to change it more, this was at least an adjustment for the better.
You could only do this from the batting cam not the pitching cam.

# 83 tnixen @ 01/19/12 01:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by myghty
@tnixen

Thats kinda of unfair that you call out the people that say that they aren't buying the game. Its their opinion and choice. I can come back & say:

'And anyone saying its a day 1 buy for 12 The Show, you really think anyone here gives a %^$&'

just sayin
Hi

Don't get me wrong everyone is right to their opinion. It just seems a lot of these people sound like they are "threatening" Sony to not buy the game.

And I just find that funny lol

Its the "threatening" that I am talking about. Of course you have a right not to buy it. But do they have to keep "threatening" Sony?

Anyway Topic over

# 84 Blzer @ 01/19/12 01:48 PM
Quote:
You could only do this from the batting cam not the pitching cam.
I, um... what?

# 85 tvman @ 01/19/12 03:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
I, um... what?
Sorry, LOL. When i talk about following ball flight for a brief instance i'm talking when you are hitting not when you are pitching so fielding doesn't come into play.

# 86 Blzer @ 01/19/12 04:32 PM
Quote:
Sorry, LOL. When i talk about following ball flight for a brief instance i'm talking when you are hitting not when you are pitching so fielding doesn't come into play.
Touché, but I don't think they can necessarily separate the two like that. Maybe, but I don't know.

# 87 Rules @ 01/19/12 04:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
You are misinformed. There's not much else to say.

If commentary will be your sole reason for passing, it will be your loss.
Don't take it personal but I have been watching the videos being posted on various sites.

Commentary is presentation to me. If I keep hearing the same thing year after year then it becomes a turnoff. NCAA is probably the worst offender of all-time thus is why I will be skipping this years if once again it is overlooked.

Ball physics are great and I love how they went in and fixed that. However, the game play has been solid for me but the presentation has been lacking. Again, don't take it personal but I am not buying into the hype machine or the 50% build this and that story that happens every single time a sports game comes out. The videos look good. Commentary sounds the same. To me that is not worth dropping another $60 when MLB 11 is already solid.

# 88 metsfan4life1 @ 01/19/12 04:44 PM
The commentary sounds dull and boring, the same as last year! When I heard they were adding true broadcasting features, i thought they meant new and improved commentary, not the same old boring **** we've heard since day one. The new other broadcasting features truly do show there, also I see a lot of new animations and edited bating stances.

# 89 Mad dog 31 @ 01/19/12 04:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by metsfan4life1
The commentary sounds dull and boring, the same as last year! When I heard they were adding true broadcasting features, i thought they meant new and improved commentary, not the same old boring **** we've heard since day one. The new other broadcasting features truly do show there, also I see a lot of new animations and edited bating stances.
We haven't seen a blog about it or a longer video clip.....maybe you'll be surprised.

# 90 Rules @ 01/19/12 04:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad dog 31
We haven't seen a blog about it or a longer video clip.....maybe you'll be surprised.
I hope you are right as that is my only issue with the series. Yeah the rainouts and delays is another but at least I know to no longer ask or hope to see it in the future.

I can only hope that two solid baseball games compete again as it is only a one horse race.

# 91 eric16 @ 01/19/12 04:54 PM
To me in my opinion not much of a upgrade. The same animations, the SS does thesame little hop after getting the ball from the left fielder hops turns around jogs a little, every SS has that same movement. Same with 1st basemen a 3rd out they just kinda walk backwards slowly and throws the balls towards the mound which is fine it looks great but just some other movements. Also I wonder if they have enough time or already did, put the new LED board up in Wrigley above the right field wall.

# 92 metsfan4life1 @ 01/19/12 04:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rules
I hope you are right as that is my only issue with the series. Yeah the rainouts and delays is another but at least I know to no longer ask or hope to see it in the future.

I can only hope that two solid baseball games compete again as it is only a one horse race.
I hope so too. It either means its been vastly improved and they're keeping it a secret for now, or, that they didn't improve it at all and they don't want to be bashed about it already.

# 93 metsfan4life1 @ 01/19/12 05:03 PM
Thats only because of this video and the lack of any new, and exciting lines.

# 94 Mad dog 31 @ 01/19/12 05:03 PM
Quote:
I hope so too. It either means its been vastly improved and they're keeping it a secret for now, or, that they didn't improve it at all and they don't want to be bashed about it already.
I would imagine that it comes down to the development cycle and prioritization....Not that it's low on the list, but I would guess they've got a long line of features that needed attention to create a better title year to year.

# 95 Rules @ 01/19/12 05:07 PM
Quote:
I would imagine that it comes down to the development cycle and prioritization....Not that it's low on the list, but I would guess they've got a long line of features that needed attention to create a better title year to year.
Spot on and I understand that new commentary isn't on most people's wishlist as many just turn it off. Commentary is what makes the game fresh and new. I can go every two years but after that it becomes stale.

# 96 metsfan4life1 @ 01/19/12 05:12 PM
Quote:
something i also wish they would add, this sounds like bitching but its true, is More wristband and wrist tape options, Like Some players have longer or shorter wrist tape, not all at the same length, and also longer wristbands. There's only two wristband options for the wrist, small and wide.. they're should be three, like in MLB 2K; small, medium, and large. Pujols wears one thats two of the shows wide ones, they took that one out in 11, doesn't make any sense.

# 97 EnigmaNemesis @ 01/19/12 05:23 PM
It wasn't taken out. The new player models with the old equipment was the issue.

# 98 metsfan4life1 @ 01/19/12 05:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis
It wasn't taken out. The new player models with the old equipment was the issue.
Explain in a little more detail, please.(not said in a rude voice BTW)

# 99 EnigmaNemesis @ 01/19/12 06:00 PM
Quote:
Explain in a little more detail, please.(not said in a rude voice BTW)
The older wrist and arm bands were built with the older player models from '10 and below.

They made new player models for '11 and had to make the new bands work how it is for now.

New equipment is on the radar every year. They added new ones already this year, (new cleats, batting gloves, batting gloves under fielding gloves, new rim styles on hats, new glasses, compression sleeves, catcher shins, etc).

Just add it to the wish list is all I can say for next year.

# 100 metsfan4life1 @ 01/19/12 06:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis
The older wrist and arm bands were built with the older player models from '10 and below.

They made new player models for '11 and had to make the new bands work how it is for now.

New equipment is on the radar every year. They added new ones already this year, (new cleats, batting gloves, batting gloves under fielding gloves, new rim styles on hats, new glasses, compression sleeves, catcher shins, etc).

Just add it to the wish list is all I can say for next year.
Have all of those been confirmed by Ramone? And what are compression sleeves?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.