News Post

Game: MLB 12 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3Votes for game: 55 - View All
MLB 12 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 101 metsfan4life1 @ 01/19/12 06:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
After playing the game for a few days the ball physics inputted into 12 give the game a whole new playing experience. Couple that with the smoother quicker throwing animations, differnt tag animations and tons of different camera cuts and you end up with a pretty sweet playing baseball game. The commentary is a big ship to turn in one motion but there are new lines and some chatter now which is more evident when playing in a season or franchise. For me I would get the game for the physics alone, they are THAT good!

There is nothing like trying to see the center fielder running in to catch a shallow fly, only to see the ball losing energy in the air and having it drop down in front of him! We will experience a lot of different play on the field because of the ball physics this year we have never seen before in the Show which is extremely exciting! Get ready!
Are you at the community event, and have you seen any footage or heard of any news on the mets, Citi Field, and D-Wrights batting stance, when it comes to the actual video game, of course.

# 102 crains13 @ 01/19/12 06:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis
The older wrist and arm bands were built with the older player models from '10 and below.

They made new player models for '11 and had to make the new bands work how it is for now.

New equipment is on the radar every year. They added new ones already this year, (new cleats, batting gloves, batting gloves under fielding gloves, new rim styles on hats, new glasses, compression sleeves, catcher shins, etc).

Just add it to the wish list is all I can say for next year.
There were new catcher shin guards added this year? Sweetttt.....

# 103 metsfan4life1 @ 01/19/12 06:19 PM
Any other new equipment added this year?

# 104 EnigmaNemesis @ 01/19/12 06:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by metsfan4life1
Have all of those been confirmed by Ramone? And what are compression sleeves?
Ramone doesn't really exist. He is a figment of our imaginations.

Compression sleeves are the "Under Armor". Two variations, 3/4 and long. And the colors can be edited.

# 105 douggoud @ 01/19/12 06:53 PM
Am I the only one that noticed that Jered Weaver had the 1st generic pitching motion instead of his own? I don't know about Holland (who had the same one), but I know that Jered has one of his own, and that wasn't it. However, some people have said it was an early build, so I'll file it under that. I just hope that it doesn't look like that come march 6th.

# 106 EnigmaNemesis @ 01/19/12 06:58 PM
Most animations and presentations are put in towards the end of development.

# 107 metsfan4life1 @ 01/19/12 07:04 PM
Quote:
Ramone doesn't really exist. He is a figment of our imaginations.

Compression sleeves are the "Under Armor". Two variations, 3/4 and long. And the colors can be edited.
Thats Great! I've been wanting this so badly since i got my PS3( just for the show, back on june 28th, 2010) so are they the same exact thing as the regular sleeves or do they look differently in terms of wrinkles in them, ETC..?

# 108 EnigmaNemesis @ 01/19/12 07:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crains13
There were new catcher shin guards added this year? Sweetttt.....
My mistake. The shin guard was the hitting one that you can now move to the inside.

# 109 EnigmaNemesis @ 01/19/12 07:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by metsfan4life1
Thats Great! I've been wanting this so badly since i got my PS3( just for the show, back on june 28th, 2010) so are they the same exact thing as the regular sleeves or do they look differently in terms of wrinkles in them, ETC..?
They look like under armor. Regular sleeves can be worn over them as well.

# 110 crains13 @ 01/19/12 07:16 PM
Quote:
They look like under armor. Regular sleeves can be worn over them as well.
So lets say i wanted a long compression sleeve but i also wanted a 3/4 shirt sleeve i can do that?

# 111 EnigmaNemesis @ 01/19/12 07:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crains13
So lets say i wanted a long compression sleeve but i also wanted a 3/4 shirt sleeve i can do that?
Si senior!

# 112 crains13 @ 01/19/12 07:42 PM
Quote:
Si senior!
Gracious!!

# 113 metsfan4life1 @ 01/19/12 07:42 PM
Quote:
Si senior!
This is so exciting! i love all the details! considering i change all the mets players gear to what they really wear when playing at home and on the road!m I've got everything down right!. can you post a picture of what under armor sleeve it looks liKE?

# 114 EnigmaNemesis @ 01/19/12 08:36 PM
3/4 regular sleeve with compression ("Under Armour") sleeves full length.

# 115 metsfan4life1 @ 01/19/12 08:41 PM
Quote:
3/4 regular sleeve with compression ("Under Armour") sleeves full length.
Any design on it. Or .?

# 116 HustlinOwl @ 01/19/12 08:42 PM
new dreads style?

# 117 nag5115 @ 01/19/12 09:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HustlinOwl
new dreads style?
i hope so. Playing with my Pirates, McCutchen's hair always was an eyesore for me because it looked nothing like his real life dreads. I would be quite content if they looked like Ricky Weeks' in that picture!

# 118 Still2REal @ 01/19/12 10:05 PM
looks and sounds pretty similar to me, but I'm satisfied with gameplay. I just hope the franchise signing loigc is cleaned up and there is no more free agency glitch or teams with 8 third baseman and 3 short stops

# 119 cnelly4 @ 01/19/12 10:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankees2009Champs
Looks like the same game to me. I heard the same lines such as "you gotta keep the ball down in the lower half." "Even with two outs..you can't let your guard down." For all the talk about ball physics I saw the same movement on the ball. In fact that liner to left looks like it had hook on it towards the left field line. DID NOT look easily playable, yet the fielder casually played it on the one hop. The same crap swing on a lazy ball to 3B. The only thing that looks different is the shoes on Kinsler, and now instead of the far back cam when the ball is going around the horn, we get a zoom in. The players did look slightly cleaner, but they were great in 11'.
That is what a ball does when it is hooked down the line.

# 120 Br_Mac16 @ 01/19/12 10:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnelly4
That is what a ball does when it is hooked down the line.
The ball wasn't hooked down the line was it? it had some hook on it but it left the infield just to the glove side of the 3rd baseman. Just a couple steps to the right by the left fielder and he's there... Looked right to me

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.