Home
News Post

Game: MLB 12 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3Votes for game: 55 - View All
MLB 12 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 161 Mynameztwitch @ 01/20/12 04:25 PM
All of the game play mechanics look amazing.

There was only one thing that was bugging me in that video. I have been to over 100 Angels games and watch every other game on TV and there is not that much blue in the audience. Usually you will mostly find Red and White.

I understand that there are supposed to be Rangers fans there too but i gotta say that crowd had like 60% blue 25% White and 15% Red. Realistically it would be 50% Red, 40% White and 10% blue.

I know the crowd isn't supposed to bother you but there was just so much blue that I initially thought they were playing at Rangers stadium when the camera was focused on Kinsler.

# 162 Yankees2009Champs @ 01/20/12 05:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thaSLAB
That is definitely not the norm. We saw a realistic amount of misplays, dives and miscues... and not necessarily error plays, but the ball dribbling away, or rolling up a fielders arm, or balls that "got up on" infielders forcing them to field it in their cradle. The new ball physics are just... legit! That's all I can say after seeing it. And the legit-ness shows in the way players interact with the ball.

Speaking of fielding, one of the coolest things I saw was... on a deep fly ball to center where Granderson ran back knowing it was going to be deep, with his right hand, reached back to locate/size up the wall and made the catch on the warning track. I think Pared was playing.

It was a thing of beauty! (the play, not Pared.)
Cool, that sounds great. I'd just like to see it in action. And I'm looking forward to posted videos.

One of the things that bothered me was how rain was going to affect the game last year in 11. And you know what? I played a whole 162 game season in NY and never saw a rain game. Another was the dropped ball on walks.

Those are things that bother me as to whether or not these improvements are real or not.

# 163 thaSLAB @ 01/20/12 06:51 PM
Both the rain frequency, and dropped ball four were bugs that should now be fixed.

LOL, trust me, they are real. Everyone that was there saw them at one time or another. Or was it my imagination?

# 164 DickDalewood @ 01/21/12 01:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thaSLAB
Both the rain frequency, and dropped ball four were bugs that should now be fixed.

LOL, trust me, they are real. Everyone that was there saw them at one time or another. Or was it my imagination?
I'm so glad to hear the bolded part... I LOVE having different weather conditions in my sports games... just adds so much more to the realistic feel of the atmosphere... especially when one is playing 162 games, lol.

Can't wait to get some cloudy/rainy games this year!

# 165 audbal @ 01/21/12 04:21 PM
I like how there is curve to the ball when a ground ball is hit, not just a straight shot to a fielder or to the outfield. Looks so natural.

# 166 jeffy777 @ 01/25/12 01:33 AM
I dig the default camera view. Loving the physics too.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.