Home
MLB 2K12 News Post

If you can't view the embedded video, click here.

Game: Major League Baseball 2K12 Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 12 - View All
Major League Baseball 2K12 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 jeffy777 @ 01/20/12 03:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkharsh33
All I care about is simulation baseball... put some stick figures out there and I'm still happy. I believe that presentation is improved, AI will be improved, and that some small buggy things from last year will also get improved. If that's the case, I'm going to enjoy this game... I think 2K is finally getting this title to where they can at this point. perfect? no, not by far, and indeed many limitations for a lot of you guys who will find ANYTHING to complain about in a video game.... But if the framerate issues from last year get cleaned up, and they "smooth" out the animations, this promises to be a fun game...
I agree, man...

For those of us who thought 2K11 was pretty good or at least decent, 2K12 should be even better.....but for those who didn't like 2K11, you probably won't like this either.

# 42 rudyjuly2 @ 01/20/12 03:22 PM
For all those complaining about the stand up triple by Delmon Young, it was a little too much given his personal speed but let's not forget this is Comerica Park. That is an extremely deep area of the ball bark which is 420' in a wide CF. I remember sitting at Comerica Park last year and saw the exact same play with a fast batter who reached second before anyone touched the ball. He attempted an inside the park HR and was barely thrown out at the plate. No error or misplay on that ball - just a fast runner and a very big park. It's not something you would see at many other stadiums.

# 43 Archie56 @ 01/20/12 05:22 PM
I agree with Rudy, we have to remember that Comerica Park is huge and that ball was hit into one of the deepest parts of the ballpark. Alot of times, even the slowest of runners can get a triple out of a ball hit to that part of the park. I'm loving the running animation, albeit a very short clip of it. It looks alot more fluid. The overall look of the clips that we saw look alot more smooth from what i saw.

# 44 foofighter2455 @ 01/20/12 05:24 PM
Along the lines of the stuff like baserunning speed...
Last year's game could have been that much better if we had more control with the sliders. I found a lot of times that the setting I wanted was too far above but well below the next slider setting.

If we get more control like the NBA game featured in 2K11, this game has so much room to be better.

I just felt a lot last year that the way things felt just didn't feel right. For example... there is no more customization involving INF vs OF speed and the throwing sliders were inconsequential. Bad fielders still played like average fielders all too often.

I wish we had a deeper hitting system like has been discussed here but it's obvious they don't care to cater to the more hardcore crowd. I would love an analog zone hitting option where I can turn this on or have an online league that all chooses to use it but the less hardcore people can still play basic analog or button hitting.

Hopefully the hitting variety that 2K pushes every year takes another step up this year. They fell short last year IMO but another step forward would be much more desirable.

# 45 jeffy777 @ 01/20/12 05:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by foofighter2455
Along the lines of the stuff like baserunning speed...
Last year's game could have been that much better if we had more control with the sliders. I found a lot of times that the setting I wanted was too far above but well below the next slider setting.

If we get more control like the NBA game featured in 2K11, this game has so much room to be better.

I just felt a lot last year that the way things felt just didn't feel right. For example... there is no more customization involving INF vs OF speed and the throwing sliders were inconsequential. Bad fielders still played like average fielders all too often.

I wish we had a deeper hitting system like has been discussed here but it's obvious they don't care to cater to the more hardcore crowd. I would love an analog zone hitting option where I can turn this on or have an online league that all chooses to use it but the less hardcore people can still play basic analog or button hitting.

Hopefully the hitting variety that 2K pushes every year takes another step up this year. They fell short last year IMO but another step forward would be much more desirable.
With mmkharsh's sliders, the gameplay in 2K11 was pretty balanced, and there are sliders for IF and OF speed, plus throwing sliders for each as well:
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-pitching.html

But yeah more of a difference between good and bad fielders would be great.

# 46 foofighter2455 @ 01/20/12 08:49 PM
There was no slider that tweaked just INF speed and no OF speed. That was in older 2K MLB games but not recent ones.

I play about 70/30 online vs myplayer so those sliders don't apply for us unfortunately.

# 47 jeffy777 @ 01/20/12 08:51 PM
Quote:
There was no slider that tweaked just INF speed and no OF speed. That was in older 2K MLB games but not recent ones.

I play about 70/30 online vs myplayer so those sliders don't apply for us unfortunately.
Yes, there were sliders for separate IF and OF running speed, and throwing as well, check here:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-pitching.html

And you can use custom sliders online, if you aren't playing ranked.

# 48 Blzer @ 01/20/12 09:16 PM
Quote:
These games had tendency/ability sliders like you wouldn't believe!

Anyone remember these old awesome ones?

AI Take Strike Overall
AI Take Strike Ahead
AI Take Strike Behind
AI Take Ball Overall
AI Take Ball Ahead
AI Take Ball Behind
AI Corner
AI Change Speed
AI Change Location
AI Throw Strike Overall
AI Throw Strike Ahead
AI Throw Strike Behind

The best part was... these sliders weren't even close to broken.

# 49 mpgm @ 01/20/12 09:33 PM
Don't give me a lick and a promise
a lazy piece of work
The result is very disappointing mlb2k12 ( mlb2k11 plus ??? )
Let's bring this to a successful conclusion by doing our very best right up to the end.

# 50 PVarck31 @ 01/20/12 10:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpgm
Don't give me a lick and a promise
a lazy piece of work
The result is very disappointing mlb2k12 ( mlb2k11 plus ??? )
Let's bring this to a successful conclusion by doing our very best right up to the end.
Really? The result is very disappointing? After what? 1:00 of gameplay?

Hey, you may hate the game this year and that just fine with me, but come on, to judge whether a game is a success or failure on one minute of gameplay is ludicrous.

And damn, please stop posting everything in haiku or whatever that is.

Just to add; I am not defending 2K. I would say this about any game. If you at least have an interest in the game. Which we all do since we are in here, then you owe it to yourself to not jump ship after a minute of gameplay.

# 51 jeffy777 @ 01/20/12 10:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
These games had tendency/ability sliders like you wouldn't believe!

Anyone remember these old awesome ones?

AI Take Strike Overall
AI Take Strike Ahead
AI Take Strike Behind
AI Take Ball Overall
AI Take Ball Ahead
AI Take Ball Behind
AI Corner
AI Change Speed
AI Change Location
AI Throw Strike Overall
AI Throw Strike Ahead
AI Throw Strike Behind

The best part was... these sliders weren't even close to broken.
Those sliders worked to a degree, but thy didn't provide realistic results based upon who was on the mound and at the plate and their individual tendencies. They removed those sliders because now all that stuff is governed by the Inside Edge stats and attributes (those sliders apparently interfered too much with the IE data, which makes sense if you think about it). Although IE is not perfect, it provides a much more realistic experience than the older 2K games did, even though they had more sliders. The AI pitchers pitch much more intelligently than they used to, and they aren't as generic....and he AI batters have gotten better every year, but could still use some work.....but in 2K11, it's possible to achieve pretty realistic results with less tweaking. I'll gladly take less sliders if it means better gameplay, and for the most part, I believe it does in this case.

# 52 Blzer @ 01/20/12 10:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffy777
Those sliders worked to a degree, but thy didn't provide realistic results based upon who was on the mound and at the plate and their individual tendencies.
Maybe for 2K6, but not for 2K5. The biggest factor in 2K5 was the confidence bar, which IMO if there was a slider for that so I could put it at, oh I don't know, 1... that would have been very helpful in diminishing its effect that it had on the game.

Quote:
They removed those sliders because now all that stuff is governed by the Inside Edge stats and attributes (those sliders apparently interfered too much with the IE data, which makes sense if you think about it). Although IE is not perfect, it provides a much more realistic experience than the older 2K games did, even though they had more sliders. The AI pitchers pitch much more intelligently than they used to, and they aren't as generic....and he AI batters have gotten better every year, but could still use some work.....but in 2K11, it's possible to achieve pretty realistic results with less tweaking. I'll gladly take less sliders if it means better gameplay, and for the most part, I believe it does in this case.
This makes sense, I guess. Although, that's almost like saying all sliders should be moot since the game already has ratings for every aspect of the game for every player. I still see how it could be put in.

At least the sliders still work.

# 53 mpgm @ 01/20/12 10:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PVarck31
Really? The result is very disappointing? After what? 1:00 of gameplay?

Hey, you may hate the game this year and that just fine with me, but come on, to judge whether a game is a success or failure on one minute of gameplay is ludicrous.

And damn, please stop posting everything in haiku or whatever that is.

Just to add; I am not defending 2K. I would say this about any game. If you at least have an interest in the game. Which we all do since we are in here, then you owe it to yourself to not jump ship after a minute of gameplay.
be much the same 2k11
It’s only fair to add that they were not told about the problem until the last minute
So, did their efforts pay off?
Many fans have taken a great interest in his new game 2k12.
We all have disappointments
No wonder they are so sore and dour
I never thought they’d put it in black and white on the front page
We foresee no changes to the program.

# 54 Knight165 @ 01/20/12 10:53 PM
Quote:
be much the same 2k11
It’s only fair to add that they were not told about the problem until the last minute

I'm guessing you don't really care about staying on O.S.....so this won't matter....
But why not reserve our "fact" based opinions until we see more footage or.....OMG...PLAY THE GAME!

M.K.
Knight165

# 55 DickDalewood @ 01/20/12 10:55 PM
Quote:
be much the same 2k11
I seriously never have any idea what you're even talking about.

At any rate, I'll wait to see an actual gameplay vid, but it definitely wasn't an impressive one minute for me. I do still love how the pitcher looks and animates at the mound however... 2k definitely does that well.

It's all a wait and see right now.

# 56 jeffy777 @ 01/20/12 11:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
Maybe for 2K6, but not for 2K5. The biggest factor in 2K5 was the confidence bar, which IMO if there was a slider for that so I could put it at, oh I don't know, 1... that would have been very helpful in diminishing its effect that it had on the game.

This makes sense, I guess. Although, that's almost like saying all sliders should be moot since the game already has ratings for every aspect of the game for every player. I still see how it could be put in.

At least the sliders still work.
Yeah, a perfect game wouldn't need as many sliders, so it's actually a good thing that they've refined certain areas of the game enough that they're able to take some sliders out and still have it play realistically. Something more general, such as outfielder speed, can still be ratings based and still have global sliders to fine tune it to adjust difficulty, but the AI pitching tendency stuff doesn't really need to have sliders if they have it right by default, and they did a good job with it in 2K11, so the IE system has come a long way.

# 57 Ollienyy @ 01/20/12 11:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
I'm guessing you don't really care about staying on O.S.....so this won't matter....
But why not reserve our "fact" based opinions until we see more footage or.....OMG...PLAY THE GAME!

M.K.
Knight165
He seemed upset that 2K didn't lick him (according to his earlier poem) so I think his concerns go deeper then the game...

Seriously mpgm, find another translation program, these have gone beyond funny now...

# 58 bigfnjoe96 @ 01/21/12 12:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollienyy
Seriously mpgm, find another translation program, these have gone beyond funny now...
I 2nd this. Whatever program he's using is terrible.

# 59 mpgm @ 01/21/12 12:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollienyy
He seemed upset that 2K didn't lick him (according to his earlier poem) so I think his concerns go deeper then the game...

I had such high hopes for this mlb2k12. What a shame.
It doesn't tell the whole story
mlb2k12 trailer now?
We’ll have to see how it goes.

# 60 Bat @ 01/21/12 02:31 AM
Looks pretty good to me! Recently dusted off Mlb 2k11 and am having a blast.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.