Home
Madden NFL 13 News Post

Don't expect a Madden NFL 13 Super Bowl Halftime Blog, according to the official Twitter feed.

Quote:
FYI- There will not be a Madden NFL 13 Super Bowl halftime blog. We'll start discussing Madden NFL 13 once we're ready to talk features.

Don't worry. We're coming out BIG this year!

Game: Madden NFL 13Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii U / Xbox 360Votes for game: 77 - View All
Madden NFL 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Broncos86 @ 01/20/12 10:49 AM
My poor heart.... My brain says "stop being hopeful!" but my heart can't help it. When I read that, my heart cannot help but hope for something really awesome.

# 2 roadman @ 01/20/12 10:50 AM
Probably a few weeks before draft time info will start coming out slowly. That is when all the hype is with the cover athlete and draft time.

# 3 tfctillidie @ 01/20/12 12:12 PM
Well I mean, what else can they say..."we're coming out small this year!" ??

That was basically all that could be said to follow up stating there would be no blog. Can't imagine marketing 101 teaches you to talk down about your own product!

I'm not trolling or being an arse, I'm just being objective to an obvious point.

I could say "I'm going to be RICH this year" but am I rich because I said so? Or because I actually go become it?

Lets remember marketing is not what makes a game, the game makes the game. Enjoy being excited about a capitalized 3 letter word though

# 4 Senator Palmer @ 01/20/12 12:41 PM
Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't last year "surprise onside kick", and "tuners"?

If that's the case - seeing as how those turned out - I can see why they'd be taking a new approach.

# 5 LambertandHam @ 01/20/12 12:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nature_Boy
This was just announced on the Madden NFL Twiiter feed: FYI- There will not be a Madden NFL 13 Super Bowl halftime blog. We'll start discussing Madden NFL 13 once we're ready to talk features. Don't worry. We're coming out BIG this year!
Each copy and pasted fan will now have their own cup holder....

# 6 Broncos86 @ 01/20/12 12:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tfctillidie
Well I mean, what else can they say..."we're coming out small this year!" ??

That was basically all that could be said to follow up stating there would be no blog. Can't imagine marketing 101 teaches you to talk down about your own product!

I'm not trolling or being an arse, I'm just being objective to an obvious point.

I could say "I'm going to be RICH this year" but am I rich because I said so? Or because I actually go become it?

Lets remember marketing is not what makes a game, the game makes the game. Enjoy being excited about a capitalized 3 letter word though
The difference is that they didn't have to say anything at all. They just set a standard for everyone. Now everyone is expecting "big." If they didn't believe they have it, I don't think they would've said it.

When Madden 11 came out, guys like Ian Cummings came straight out and said that it wasn't going to be a huge new features year. We knew franchise mode wasn't going to be new in M11.

So, we'll see how they bring it this year.

# 7 Gotmadskillzson @ 01/20/12 01:33 PM
Not really true..........

Peter Moore said in 2009 Madden was coming back to the PC, but it didn't. He also said Madden 10 was the best Madden ever far as graphics, physics and animations. But yet you have many on OS who didn't like Madden 10.

Also people always assume and expect the new version of something to be bigger and better then the last year version. So really he didn't have to say anything and people would have still thought that.

# 8 ABR173rd @ 01/20/12 01:38 PM
[quote=Nature_Boy;2043286848]This was just announced on the Madden NFL Twiiter feed: FYI- There will not be a Madden NFL 13 Super Bowl halftime blog. We'll start discussing Madden NFL 13 once we're ready to talk features. Don't worry. We're coming out BIG this year![/quoteH]

ere we go again.... Big things this year- just like the last year and the previous year and the year before that year and the ....you get the point. At this point I don't want anymore hype from the Madden team it doesn't equal a good football game.

# 9 LambertandHam @ 01/20/12 02:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by goravens2052
Yay! Now My I can stop worrying about them being thirsty during the whole game.

Oh but that's not the exciting thing... authentic Referees! Now we get to have officials like Ed Hochuli, Bill Leavy, Mike Carey and Ron Winters!
Ed Hochuli's arms would take up too many polygons, causing the game to lag whenever he is on the field.

To be serious for a second, I would like to see some frivolous things added.

-Bigger fan fare/licensing for Sunday, Monday, and Thursday night games
-The stadium upgrades actually doing something
-The Draft getting a presentation overhaul
-Making scouting better
-In game highlights of other games, like Fox and CBS use
-A real halftime show with highlights
-A weekly wrap up show like 2K had with Chris Berman

Gameplay should be first though, always.

# 10 Broncos86 @ 01/20/12 02:31 PM
If they keep true to what was said last year, we can at least expect a sound overhaul, including commentary.

# 11 RGiles36 @ 01/20/12 02:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
He also said Madden 10 was the best Madden ever far as graphics, physics and animations. But yet you have many on OS who didn't like Madden 10.
Not to nitpick, but I don't think that OS is the only barometer for how good a game is.

As far as the metrics that Moore tossed out there in your example (graphics, physics, and animations), I think M10 was one of the best Maddens ever. However, this is coming from someone who thought the Xbox/PS2 editions were overrated. I know I'm in the minority with that opinion.

# 12 RGiles36 @ 01/20/12 04:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tazdevil20
I think lots of people need to look up the definition of insanity.
Ahem, such as still regularly visiting the very forum of the franchise that drives you completely nuts :P

# 13 mvb34 @ 01/20/12 04:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Palmer
Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't last year "surprise onside kick", and "tuners"?

If that's the case - seeing as how those turned out - I can see why they'd be taking a new approach.
Added to the fact Ian is not running the show so i guess the new guy will keep a low profile until around the NFL draft...

# 14 cletusdog @ 01/20/12 05:02 PM
It's gonna be the newest Madden EVER.

# 15 bcruise @ 01/20/12 05:06 PM
3 pages about an announcement of....literally nothing.

Yep, I'm in the madden forum, all right.

# 16 thudias @ 01/20/12 06:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cletusdog
It's gonna be the newest Madden EVER.

pretty funny actually

# 17 tfctillidie @ 01/20/12 06:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86
The difference is that they didn't have to say anything at all. They just set a standard for everyone. Now everyone is expecting "big." If they didn't believe they have it, I don't think they would've said it.

When Madden 11 came out, guys like Ian Cummings came straight out and said that it wasn't going to be a huge new features year. We knew franchise mode wasn't going to be new in M11.

So, we'll see how they bring it this year.
Yeah and then we can get into a discussion on what's "big" what"s "Big" and what's "BIG".

Much like always, the thread has people defending that this actually means something, people listing out what they want and so on and so forth....then it just gets blown out of proportion.

What "BIG" is to EA could be nothing special to any of us.

Just ask the fans of EA's NHL franchise when they specifically told "This new feature you guys are going to love, it's going to change the way you play the game!"...dragged that line for months only to give them 7 retired CAP's.

Just don't say you weren't fairly warned for the Nth year in a row. As mentioned in this thread, it literally is the exact definition of INSANE to expect differently. If that doesn't change your perception on following video game marketing, then well, yikes?

# 18 Broncos86 @ 01/20/12 06:51 PM
My perception is that I've been pretty keen on what has recently come out. I've been a fan of the recent Madden releases. And while I know you're referencing Einstein, I believe insanity is continuing to pay out of pocket while simultaneously complaining about it. That's the weird part, in my mind. People spit and curse at the Madden/NCAA dev team, and then hand money over to them.

I've been happy with Madden since 2010. I'm curious and excited to see what they deliver.

# 19 tfctillidie @ 01/20/12 07:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86
My perception is that I've been pretty keen on what has recently come out. I've been a fan of the recent Madden releases. And while I know you're referencing Einstein, I believe insanity is continuing to pay out of pocket while simultaneously complaining about it. That's the weird part, in my mind. People spit and curse at the Madden/NCAA dev team, and then hand money over to them.

I've been happy with Madden since 2010. I'm curious and excited to see what they deliver.
I'm not saying I don't like M12 nor am I spitting or cursing. It's a decent game and I'm not complaining about that, so you're not following my point.

I'm being critical of getting excited over the smallest amount of marketing, when they don't even have to stand behind their words anymore.

So why does this statement excite anyone? This doesn't hold EA to making a "BIG" game, this doesn't guarantee any "BIG" features, nothing of the sort is now true because of what was said.

That make sense?

Either way any fan of football gaming would be curious for what's to come this year, but this statement really shouldn't change your perception/excitement if you followed this company in the past because again, it's nothing they actually have to back up for the reasons you've mentioned in your reply.

There is a silver lining in this for me because I believe EA wastes too much money promoting Madden. I don't think they need to market such a well known franchise who's player base will return regardless of their marketing train. Always seemed like a very large waste of resources to me, the act of selling something to someone you've already sold.

# 20 Broncos86 @ 01/20/12 07:31 PM
Maybe it's because I've been around here, but I just don't see any kind of "us and them" mentality. I understand this level of distrust, but it's not there for me.

« Previous1234Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.