Home
NBA 2K12 News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Here is a list of changes.
  • Mike Dunleavy - injured (Strained groin - out indefinitely)
  • Michael Beasley - injured (Mid-foot sprain - out indefinitely)
  • Eric Maynor - injured (Torn ACL - out for the season)
  • Kwame Brown - injured (Torn pectoral - out 3 months)
  • T.J. Ford - injured ( Torn hamstring - out 4-6 weeks)
  • Al Horford - injured (Torn pectoral - out 3 months)
  • Steve Blake - injured (Fractured rib - out 3-4 weeks)
  • Linas Kleiza - back from injury
  • Ishmael Smith - waived
  • Earl Barron - FA signing with Warriors
  • Jeff Foster - injured (Back procedure - out 2 weeks)
  • Mike Miller - back from injury
  • E'Twaun Moore - rookie
  • Isaiah Thomas - rookie
  • Charles Jenkins - rookie
Among the "Biggest Movers" (+ or -) include:
  • Andrew Bynum - Lakers
  • Kyle Lowry - Rockets
  • Ryan Anderson - Magic
  • Ricky Rubio - Timberwolves
  • Byron Mullens - Bobcats
  • DeAndre Jordan - Clippers
  • Jeff Teague - Hawks
  • Spencer Hawes - 76ers
  • Dorell Wright - Warriors
  • Deron Williams - Nets

Game: NBA 2K12Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 102 - View All
NBA 2K12 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 Find_the_Door @ 01/20/12 06:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtySouf
Eric Gordon's jumper has also been changed... 2K seriously needs to just drop the injuries because it's sad that certain players can't be used offline when my nephews are trying to play with their favorite teams/players...

This is a sim sports title

# 82 JSB11 @ 01/20/12 07:08 PM
Did they update raptors court ?

# 83 stizz @ 01/20/12 07:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by subzery2010
Did they add any missing players like Larry Hughes or Chris Johnson?
No. They haven't "created" any missing players yet. All players added were already on the disc.

# 84 BringTheHeat @ 01/20/12 07:11 PM
No Terrel Harris or Mickell Gladness still huh? No update for Cole yet?

Brb, going to change Mike Millers 3 point rating to 99 since he's 7/8 this year.

SMH.

# 85 JohnB405 @ 01/20/12 07:43 PM
And why can Thabo Sefalosha not hit a 3 to save his life on this game. He's shooting 60% from 3 this season and he's either first or second in the NBA behind Ray Allen. And Rubio gets an 85 3 point rating.. hmmmm...

# 86 kylehuynh @ 01/20/12 07:45 PM
Why does Jimmer have black arms in this update?

# 87 gator3guy @ 01/20/12 07:59 PM
Spencer Hawes got a little bump. Rubio is lights out now.

# 88 Thelorn @ 01/20/12 08:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnB405
And why can Thabo Sefalosha not hit a 3 to save his life on this game. He's shooting 60% from 3 this season and he's either first or second in the NBA behind Ray Allen. And Rubio gets an 85 3 point rating.. hmmmm...
It's the Rubio hype machine, and 2k insider fell for it.

# 89 sactown_13 @ 01/20/12 08:03 PM
Why did they jump the gun on Rubio? 85 3pt. so ur telling me he is one of the best in the league?! I wouldnt mind this so much if they did a weekly update but they dont. i fully expect his shooting numbers to level out as he gets more minutes. 85? Cmon man!

# 90 adwin7 @ 01/20/12 08:11 PM
How did everyone forget about how ratings work. Just because his 3 rating is high doesn't mean he will definitely hit shots like ray Allen. Their other ratings that dictate how he will shoot when defense is nearby or when he is on the move. These ratings balance it all out

# 91 badazzman @ 01/20/12 08:14 PM
JEFF TEAGUE BETTER HAVE A HIGHER DUNK RATING HELL IS HE DOING WITH A 49 DUNK

# 92 franch1se @ 01/20/12 08:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Court_vision
How can they not add a guy like Larry Hughes...he was in NBA 2K11 and just needs to be put back in. He played 29 mins the other day v San Antonio and been signed for over 6 weeks.

I just don't get how it takes them two weeks to tweak a few ratings and change a few jump shots.

Seriously, can someone explain it? It takes me 10 mins to do that. It just doesn't seem like something that would take 2K weeks at a time to do...and then do poorly.

Missing players, bad ratings, incorrect starting line ups and jersey numbers...i just don't get how they can mess that stuff up? Is it that the NBA themselves are delivering bad information and 2K are contracted to only use what they recieve?

Because I don't see how anyone actually following the NBA can mess this stuff up.
Missing Hughes..no idea, but I can understand rookies (undrafted ones). I want Malcolm Thomas to be added but this isn't like NFL or NHL where they can just throw a helmet on them. They have to create their player models, facial scans etc. I have no idea how long this process takes nor am I defending 2K. Doesn't seem like it should take weeks though.

# 93 Thelorn @ 01/20/12 08:37 PM
Quote:
Yeah, that is what I am getting at. People here say 2K are 'lazy', 'incompetent' etc etc......and all that just doesn't seem to ring true. They've created a basketball game with more depth than just about ANY sports title.

So, they obviously are not lazy etc.

Which all makes the roster updates being so poor very puzzling. There "has" to be more to it than we all know about. The Heat's rookies have been getting some nice playing time...but they are not in the game. There has to be a reason.

You've got starters on a high profile team like the Clippers wearing the wrong jersey.....there has to be a reason for that.

The 2K Insider can't be not seeing these things / can't not know who is currently on NBA rosters.

It can't literally take two weeks to make these changes. I mean, most of us could have done this update in 20 mins and uploaded it. There's got to be a reason the official one is so poor. Same with created players...the PC modders have all the rookies, all the missing players etc done perfectly. There's got to be a reason 2K is missing all those guys. The NBA hasn't sent official paperwork or something?

It just doesn't make sense otherwise.
Well there's hardly anyone working on 2k12 anymore, they've all moved on to 2k13 sadly. As for missing people who weren't on disc, it takes time to make their faces I'm guessing via scan. But yeah, pretty much the team moved on to 2k13 already.

# 94 Sundown @ 01/20/12 08:56 PM
Quote:
It can't literally take two weeks to make these changes. I mean, most of us could have done this update in 20 mins and uploaded it. There's got to be a reason the official one is so poor. Same with created players...the PC modders have all the rookies, all the missing players etc done perfectly. There's got to be a reason 2K is missing all those guys. The NBA hasn't sent official paperwork or something?

It just doesn't make sense otherwise.
I think 2K12 is just no longer a priority for them. It wasn't enough but we saw them try to get their act together before opening day. They got a fair amount done in two weeks. Then we saw them go quiet with less complete updates two weeks at a time. I'm guessing that due to the lack of sales this year from the lockout, they've decided to focus effort on 2k13.

If that's true, it's short sighted, because they are building ill-will towards their entire franchise-- and when they are literally the only game in town, their failures will cause existing fans to be even more reactionary.
This was the year to push full forward to cement their relationship with their fans and eliminate any chance of EA making a comeback for the forseeable future. They even had a month or two break where they didn't have to deal with the real NBA. Instead of taking advantage of this to provide more fixes for the existing game in more comprehensive patches, they wasted their time with a DLC that no one asked for and didn't add much to the main game (and I'm guessing didn't sell that well). You can see how little people cared that blacktop was mostly missing when the game was released. I'm not sure what made them think people would be jumping to pay extra for it by adding legends and slapping an ugly cel-shader on it.

This update isn't terrible, now that my Warriors are complete-- but it's still missing some 30+ players. That needs to be fixed and soon. I just wished they would actually communicate what was going on-- whether we should expect tattoos or photo updates for rookies ever this season, about how long this whole process is going to take, whether there will be any more patches. This going dark after release deal even regarding the most basic things is not helping their relationship with the customer. If we have to face dissapointments, dissapoint us early with reasonable explainations so we can deal and move on.

I have no love for EA, and chuckled when NBA Elite died in a fire. I saw the hype for 2k12 and was thrilled that 2k seemed intent to remove EA entirely from the basketball equation. Nothing would please me more to see the demise of everything I felt was wrong with sports gaming since NFL 2K5.

When you've got me of all people eager to see what EA puts out next year, regardless of how bad it probably will be, hoping they do at least a few things well enough to steal just enough market share from 2K to keep them on their toes-- you've done something really wrong.

# 95 stillfeelme @ 01/20/12 09:02 PM
Why is the 2K insider still grayed out? They make it so hard to compare before and after? In 2K11 you could quickly scroll through the entire team and see who went up who went down without loading separate rosters.

They pitied the Wizards because some of their ratings should have dropped. Nick Young still has a 91 med despite shooting 41% from 16-23 ft? Inside rating of 78 despite shooting 25% from 3-9 feet.

Odom still is a 83 3pt shooter despite shooting 21% this year with more attempts per game than last year? Dirk is not having a good year so far from 3pt range 25% so far. I understand he is Dirk but bump him down somewhat

For the most part they cherry picked a few players and adjusted and over rated some and straight ignored stats for some players. Rubio is good but why bump his 3pt % so high and ignore others. Some of this has no rhyme or reason.

# 96 chrisphxx12 @ 01/20/12 09:16 PM
roster updates should not be anticipated,because it's never anything significant,just insignificant.as a company i cannot understand how people who do not work for 2k can compile a better roster than the company that produced it? 2k's updates are more like jokes,like saying "can you spot the changes"?? and when will they ever learn that the people who play this game do not like their players to be injured! reguardless to what goes on in real life this is and always will be a VIDEO GAME! no matter how real u want it it just won't be. cant wait for EA i know they've been doing their homework at were 2k fails,and thats quality roster updates.

# 97 Goffs @ 01/20/12 09:23 PM
I just want that consistency of updating daily like the one we had a week before Christmas hit.

# 98 LionsFanNJ @ 01/20/12 09:28 PM
I guess we can say RIP to art updates.

I still believe there's something up internally that's messing with these updates either something with the databases or what. Because the time between these past two updates should have allowed them to do SOMETHING in the art change regard.

Nets away shoes still not updated incase anyone else was wondering since that is all I really harp on.

# 99 Thelorn @ 01/20/12 09:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisphxx12
roster updates should not be anticipated,because it's never anything significant,just insignificant.as a company i cannot understand how people who do not work for 2k can compile a better roster than the company that produced it? 2k's updates are more like jokes,like saying "can you spot the changes"?? and when will they ever learn that the people who play this game do not like their players to be injured! reguardless to what goes on in real life this is and always will be a VIDEO GAME! no matter how real u want it it just won't be. cant wait for EA i know they've been doing their homework at were 2k fails,and thats quality roster updates.
EA doing their homework......

# 100 Thelorn @ 01/20/12 09:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LionsFanNJ
I guess we can say RIP to art updates.

I still believe there's something up internally that's messing with these updates either something with the databases or what. Because the time between these past two updates should have allowed them to do SOMETHING in the art change regard.

Nets away shoes still not updated incase anyone else was wondering since that is all I really harp on.

Well they did the raptors court......

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.